Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099630 times)

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1005 on: November 15, 2010, 06:23:03 pm »

Some snotty wannabe-hero from the mountainhomes didn't think any ordinary weapons were worthy of being used by him, so he's set off in search of the legendary bismuth pickaxe of Angelfortress - a not so aptly named black mark in dwarven history. Thus far, he's walked across a frozen ocean and gotten unscathed through a trackless, bandit-filled forest. Let's see if he can handle the trans-continental trek that comes before the next trans-oceanic swim. Not to mention the murderous spectres of Angelfortress (he's hoping they'll let him pass because he's a dwarf, the idiot).

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »

Wow... My axeman just bit off the head of a Mountain Titan composed entirely of coral.

Not a bad set of teeth right there!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 15, 2010, 06:41:22 pm »

Made a werewolf char and started grabbing elfs and chewing on their heads and shaking them around (genesis)

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 15, 2010, 06:59:19 pm »

Have a crossbowman who pierced a night creatures heart on his first ever shot fired under my leadership crippling it and making it an easy kill. Was so impressed I named him "Deadeye" (awful I know :P). After a while was sent to attack a goblin raiding party (who had killed one of my previous adventurers). Ironically the first bolt which was fired from a goblin went right through Deadeye's skull, killing him instantly. I felt like going up to that goblin and shaking its hand out of respect. Instead I chopped it off! 8)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1009 on: November 15, 2010, 07:30:48 pm »

I and my three companions just got jumped by 4 kobolds and what looks like a dozen zombie buzzards...should I be concerned?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 15, 2010, 07:54:49 pm »

Warghui's little army was ambushed as they slept.
They had just crushed a camp of human bandits they stumbled upon on their journey, and settled down to sleep before continuing on... Suddenly the night was full of screeching kobolds.
Warghui sat up groggily in the centre of the camp, rubbing sleep from his red eyes and scratching his arse as he peered about in confusion as a few of the humans, those on the outside of the group, were killed in their sleep.
As he realised what was going on, he hurriedly clambered to his feet, snatching up his dagger in his single hand, and after that, things seemed to blur into a long montage of fighting... Well, not so much fighting as cutting the tiny creatures open from behind, as the stupid humans kept them occupied.
Pretty quickly they were all dead, a few attempted to escape and were cut down.
Warghui grunted with excitement and began looting corpses, both kobold and human, indiscriminately as his human warband watched blankly.
A while later, after outfitting himself with a steel shield, strapped onto his remaining arm, and a bronze helm, he turned and yelled at the humans, "Getcha arses movin', we gots kill dat moster, yah!"

They continued, although the humans weren't joking so much now, having lost about three of their number.
Although they had seen their mysterious goblin leader in action, and so far he seemed to live up to their king's praise...
Warghui stomped on ahead, oblivious to them. He'd gotten over his shock and horror at this assignment, and was instead admiring his new shield and how fierce it made him look.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:03:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 15, 2010, 08:17:24 pm »

It was night and i used it to my advantage being a werewolf, i grabbed elf townspeople and threw them at walls, strangled them, bit and clawed them and killed a tiny town of 3 buildings though some elves have locked themselves inside houses

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 15, 2010, 08:19:47 pm »

How do you throw people at things? I have been using the "Wrestle -> throw" commands, but it seems to just do the same thing as takedown.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »

How do you throw people at things? I have been using the "Wrestle -> throw" commands, but it seems to just do the same thing as takedown.

I'm not sure myself. In the arena, player-controlled Giants using the Throw wrestle command will send human-sized people flying into walls and exploding in gore. A human using Throw on a human will just knock it to the ground. I've heard that dwarves in Martial Trance mode can fling people into walls like a Giant can.

Dwarven !!SCIENCE!! is needed on this topic.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 15, 2010, 09:40:58 pm »

Warghui dropped the monster's head at the human Lord's feet.

"You were successful! Truly you are the hero of the kingdom!!" The Lord was wide-eyed, it's possible he wasn't quite as gullible as his subjects, and hadn't truly believed a one-armed goblin could slay horrible beasts left and right.
"We need brave souls such as yourself in these dark days! I have another thing to ask of you... Please, noble warrior, lead our army to the caves to the north, and kill the backwards man, Momuz Ashenumbras! You are the only one capable of leading our armies, the only one brave enough..."
The human blabbered on for a while, but Warghui wasn't listening.
He was plotting exactly how many free meals, nights sleeping in the castle, and pretty human lasses he could get from the Lord, without actually putting himself in any danger. He didn't tell the king how he'd hid at the back of the human warriors as they slew the last beast, instead he gestured slowly with a hand and said,
"Er... ya gon' be real gratefuls, yah, I do dis fer ya?"
The Lord nodded hurriedly, "Yes, of course, you may have whatever you wish from the kingdom, oh mighty hero."

Warghui grinned, his red eyes gleaming as he nodded.
Just had to kill some stupid moster with these stupid humans, then he'd have all the beautiful maidens he wanted...
He turned and swaggered out of the castle, followed by the Lord's army, numbers replenished from the castle guard.
'Dis almos' too easy! He thought to himself, then went on to dream of the rewards he would recieve from the foolish humans as he walked.
Booze is Life for Yoink

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 15, 2010, 09:43:52 pm »

What race is Warghui, elf?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 15, 2010, 09:50:17 pm »

Nope, goblin... That's what makes his story so amusing! :D
He's ended up leading an army of humans... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1017 on: November 15, 2010, 09:50:45 pm »

If I remember correctly he's a goblin
hadn't truly believed a one-armed goblin could slay horrible
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 15, 2010, 10:00:44 pm »

Nice you playing genesis too?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1019 on: November 15, 2010, 11:32:10 pm »

Holy fucking shit. My first assignment as a demigod dwarf is to hunt down a night creature consort. Simple enough, right? Turns out there are 3, and two of them are straight up night creatures, badass night creatures. They kill me and my two companions outright, but I decide not to let him die and load my save outside the lair. I go and slay a couple of bandits and kobolds, learn the multiple shield/weapon ability, (exploit), and return to the cave with upgraded gear and two additional companions. They still handily dispatch us, and I am about to give up on my third try when:
The situation is dire indeed.
The axeman was downed on the consort's third strike, his head caved in.
The pikeman has been literally torn apart by two of the beasts.
The spearman has been bitten in twain.
The swordsman is unconscious on the floor, in a pile of vomit and his own blood.
I've only sustained a bruise to my arm, but I have only managed to lop off a tail, bruise an eye and cut open a hand in the entire fight.
Then something strange happens...
As the two beasts ravaging the swordsman finish off their victim, they rejoin their companion, who has been dancing with me for the entire fight. The three begin their assault, and strangely, I begin dodging all of their attacks. It goes on, I missing, oohh, missing repeatedly, not daring to use any stabbing weapons for fear of being pinned down, missing the opportunities I attempt to take, and yet, as the fighting gets heavy, I remain alive.
Somehow none of their claws, nor blades, nor teeth, are able to find purchase on my person.
We continue, I dashing, leaping, and rolling through the small lair, and the beasts lunging over each other, missing, as I glide through stale, cool cave air. But I become tired, and as the fight drags on, a lucky punch bruises my eyelid, and then as I continue to duck and weave my foot is split by a bronze fork. I keep fighting, but I know that I can only hang on for so long- my strength waning, and I'll only get less effective. I know how desperate the situation is, and how miraculous my survival has become.
And then the dwarf slips into a martial trance.
Hope courses through my veins!
As his focus becomes fortified, the ancient blood of his warrior ancestors awakens, the brawn in his muscles realizing their potiential, the dwarf's perception slows, and the world becomes a picture he is surveying.
(What is this, what is this feeling?! The dwarf thinks, alarmed by the strangeness overcoming the world. But soon the strange feeling overwhelming him calms all his qualms; he feels reassured, as though someone, perhaps his father, was there, guiding him.
He lets himself get swept up in the feeling washing over him, and slowly the sounds around him fade, his nerves go into overdrive, every nerve in every poor sending inputs directly into his brain. He feels the moist air against his arms, feels the ground beneath his feet.
His heartbeat is slow. Very slow. It's deep rythm reminding him that he's alive.
He looks up, and sees the beasts before him again, but something is different.
It's like it's the first time that he has actually seen anything.)
The monsters become frustrated by the evasion of their quarry, and soon the opportunity presents itself; one of the beasts has dropped it's guard, leaving it's belly open!
(How could I not see this before? Have I been blind to the fight up until this point?)
With a single slash of his steel shortsword, he sidesteps, dragging the blade across the thing's gut and cutting the savage creature in two, sending the pieces flying.
(My god that was easy)
The thing's comrades enrage at their partner's slaying, and lunge at him again with a bloodcurdling roar--
(So simple, the openings are so plain, the strokes so fluid!)
As the two beasts throw themselves at the dwarf, he seems to disappear. The male begins turning even as his gruesome fork stabs air, trying to find his quarry-- and instead sees his consort slide past the dwarf, a look of confoundment on her face, as her torso splits from her legs and crashes against a wall. The events are going in slow motion now, and the monster, which had until this point never known what fear was, felt a stone sink through his gut. But he can see the dwarf now. The miserable little vermin has taken the time to slowly stand up. He watches him, the blood of his lovers seeping off of his body, turn slowly to face him, a haunting look of blankness, almost as if the dwarf was focused on something a thousand miles away, is fixed upon the dwarfs' complexion. How dare he do this? How DARE this vermin come into his home, kill his brides, and dare, DARE, to attempt to take his HEAD?! This will not do, this will not stand at all. This-dwarf-HAD-to-DIE!
As the beast began to move, so did the dwarf. In almost artistic motion, the beast brought his talons up from his side, his face contorted in a visage of rage and his body rigid with hate, and the dwarf stepped forward, ever so slightly wide with his front foot, and slowly brought his steel sword up--up--up--so that the pommel wrested at hip level, the blade angled down, glistening in the blood of the fallen.
The Steele daggers that were the dark creature's claws were halfway through their arc,  the creature, previously unsure, was now beginning to think the dwarf would walk into his death. The thought made him want to salivate as he brought his claws closer and closer to the dwarf's head.
As the curved blades gained momentum, the dwarf began to step faster, his leg pulling him forward, directly into the path of wicked protrusions.
The creature was now certain of his victory as he watched the dwarf do nothing but walk, his eyes seemingly glazed over, into the creature's clutches. But just as the blades were to hit, the dwarf took his third, and last, step.
With his final motion, the dwarf spins around, facing his back directly at the creature, and brings his left sword hand up in a sweeping motion, the sword tucked with the blade to the right of his head, the pommel just in front.
The claws were now just a few inches away, but the dwarf had plenty of time.
In a single motion, the dwarf smoothly tucked his head down, clearing the spikes as they passed through the air his head should be, and kicked off with all his might with both feet, giving himself a noticeable spin.
As the dwarf twirled through the air, his back passed under the creature's arm as the thing lunged forward, his back  now parallel to that of the monster, who is bent over and sideways from the force of his swipe.
The creature watched in slow motion, as the dwarf continued his rotation, blank as he watched the demigod take the sword from it's protective storage with effortless grace, and directing all of his might into his slowly outstretching arm.
The dwarf's sword met the back of the creature's neck, gliding through the scale, eviscerating the muscle, cleaving the spinal cord and seperating, in an infinitely smooth arc, the creature's dumbfounded head from his neck.
As the creature's body slowly realized that it was dead, the dwarf landed softly behind the still falling corpse, his arms extended behind him, crossed in an X under his lower abs, the demigod slowly recovered his senses.
As he stood up, the pain slowly crept into his brain. He started to remember his exhaustion, his wounds, his hunger, and like that the mighty dwarf snapped out of his trance and collapsed on the cave floor.
He slept soundly though, the empty cave holding the earth child in her embrace, and in the morning the dwarf gathered his gear, attended his wounds, and returned to the castle a hero.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:00:01 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1104