Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099594 times)

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #975 on: November 14, 2010, 09:53:38 pm »

Took a good look at the Lord of the Confederation of Infernos, Ono Hiņerona.  "His quite dense hair is extremely long.  He has a low, clear voice.  His nose is extremely short.  His splayed out ears are somewhat short.  His dark olive eyes are close-set.  He has a jutting chin.  He is average in size.  His somewhat long eyebrows are quite sparse.  His somewhat tall head is somewhat narrow.  His hair is ecru with a touch of gray.  His skin is cinnamon."  I now have a distinct mental picture of Lord Ono Hiņerona:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aside from the eyebrows, hair (Ono's is Sephiroth-level long and sandy-blonde) and eyes (Ono's are dark green), I'd say it's a decent fit.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #976 on: November 14, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »

Yall are crazy paranoid. In the meantime, my newest hero struck out to find a fortress to recruit some help, the sun set damn fast and I was stuck out in the wilderness. Not 2 steps back towards the village, and cackling surrounded me. Unfortunately for me, I was in a very hilly, densely forested area that was honeycombed with rivers and pools. Fortunately, I was a competent swimmer.
I made it perhaps 600 blocks, dodging through trees, leaping into and out of pools, and taking potshots at the fuckers that were circling overhead. No matter how fast I went, there were always more, and I was a long way from the village.
After a long time trying to evade the attacks, I launched myself into a 2-level cliff leading into a river, which had crossed the map in just the wrong way. Down here I seemed to escape the beasts, but one of them had been stupid enough to follow me down. I was able to give a good fight, stabbing his leg with my spear and slashing a wing with a twirling bronze dagger, but as he slowly beat and bruised my adventurer my attacks became less effective, and soon I was unable to break away from simple bites. After a prolonged struggle, my adventurer was finished with a massive kick to the head, severing the spine and paralyzing my hapless hero. He washed downriver and drowned shortly thereafter, not having completed his very first task.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:10 pm »

Bandits.  My greatest weakness.  I was sent on a quest to take out a bandit leader many times in the past, all failed.  However this time I had been taking out night creatures and rogue wildlife for quite some time and built up an army.

In vengeance to my many previous failures against this bandit camp my small army of 8 adventurers descended upon that camp of 5 bandits like demons.  The bandits never knew what hit them.  Limbs flew everywhere, the chieftess fled almost immediately and I took her out with a well aimed(extremely lucky) sharpened rock to the head.

My revenge was glorious.  Unfortunately the loot was crap.  Mostly just clothing and bone crafting tools from my previous adventurers.  But who needs loot when yer a bronze plated god of war with a steel greatsword with an army of heroes?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:52 pm »

I just killed my first dragon i'm so excited, though it chewed my friend in half or something brutal that's similar. It was the craziest adrenaline pumping fight i ever had i headshotted it 4325423423 times but it didn't do anything, well ddin't seem to do anything. Dragon's god master health or something. I finally managed to chop pierce through its tail* and finish it off but god that was a fight ahaha   http://i52.tinypic.com/122j6mu.jpg   dragon's lair
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:03:36 pm by toupz »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 14, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

After another bandit camp attack I managed to get a broken leg.  I had a crutch in my inventory so in an experimenting mood I discovered something.

You automatically use a crutch when you have it in your hand.  With the crutch in hand I was able to stand!

I also discovered that you keep using it as long as it's in your hand, even if you don't need it anymore.  Remember to put it back in your pack when your done with it, unless you want to train crutch walking and move at a reduced speed.

Of course knowing my luck folks knew of this for a very long time.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 15, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

How do people get these huge goblin ambushes? I went to some gobbo infest jungles to defend some elves and all I get are piddling 2 goblin ambushes.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 15, 2010, 12:37:16 am »

Watching a hydra chew on my soldiers and devouring em while i try to hurt her, i managed to stabbed her heart but she's still alive wow hydras are beasts ahah i wanna make a peasant and try to kill a hydra now

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 15, 2010, 01:20:47 am »

Quesa Necrowings was routinely beating a Troll Consort of the Night to death with it's own vestigal trunk (that my first adventurer, so long ago, severed before he died). Blah Blah ho hum.

AND THEN
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think she went a bit mad during her time in the underworld before those glitch faeries rescued her.
Somefin' im mah teef? Wuh oo takin' 'bout?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:34:44 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 15, 2010, 01:25:22 am »

Tobul Regniral, Dwarf Axelord. He was the son of a god, and one day decided to wander around aimlessly. He soon found a cave and ventured into the underworld, sleeping in GCS webs hoping to be woken by spiders, to no avail. Eventually he found his purpose, a magma pool. Presuming it went straight to hell, he dropped everything but his silver battle axe, and dived in atop his steel shield.
But then he was trapped in a state of limbo because I've been unable to use Numpad 5 or Spacebar or something to make time pass without moving. If anyone knows what key it is now to make time pass without performing an action, I'd be grateful so I can continue my plunge to the depths of the world.

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 15, 2010, 01:28:26 am »

Period.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 15, 2010, 01:45:00 am »

My 10 companions are annoying they always finish off hydra when I,m the one doing the hits

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 15, 2010, 02:20:03 am »

I created a very small world (next one up from pocket), large enough to only support two mega-beasts.  So it started off as the age of the Hydra and the Savanna Titan.  There was a mountain range in the north, another in the south and the two were separated by a vast swath of swampland that easily took 3 days to cross.  There were only two human civilizations present on the world, clustered roughly around each of the mountain ranges.  The dwarves only survived about 350 out of 550 years of history.  They were killed by one of two elvish civilizations that existed far to the north.  There were also two kobold civilizations, and a single goblin tower.

I started off an adventurer like normal.  While I could've picked a dwarf to play, it didn't fit the flavor the world had established.  So I played a human swordsman named Jalew Noblepetal.  I'd get quests to go off and kill bandits of various stripes.  Axemen, macemen.  Humans and goblins.  Exciting times, and I built up a bit of a reputation in the world.  My forays into the great swamp were always exciting and involved me dashing off to a monster lair I had cleared out (or thought I had) just as the sun was setting, and holing up for the night.  It's actually kinda exciting to know that if you get caught outside at night alone, there's a good chance that you're not going to see the sun again.

Anyway, I worked my way through all of the regular quests and was eventually directed to go and talk with a lady in her castle.  So I trekked to the castle and talked with her.  She wanted me to kill the Hydra that had been plaguing the land since time immemorial.  I gathered up a posse and headed to the cave where the great beast was holed up.  While it managed to kill off about half of my band, we took it down.  I even got the killing blow in.  Went back to the lady to report.  She was pleased to hear the news of the creature's death but she said that my task was not yet done.  I was to take down the Titan next. 

Well, I replenished my numbers from the soldiers stationed in her castle (they were more than eager to join with the great hero of the land).  Upon stepping outside the castle walls though, we were ambushed by a warband of goblins, and I lost more than a dozen of my travelling companions.  I went back to the castle and recruited some more, as apparently there were dark forces in the world that wished to see me fail at my task.

With my party back at full, I made my way south, through the trackless swampland.  Because of where the castle was positioned, the trek through the swamp took a full four days, during which time I was ambushed another two times by kobolds.  With only three companions left out of an initial party of 19, I stopped at another castle and recruited some more.  With more eager recruits in tow, I set forth on the final leg of my journey.

The titan, whose name was Fima Rockspacked the Windy Splash of Tulips, was keeping watch over an ancient temple.  My group and I charged in to face the being, whose body was formed from the blackest opal and who sported two long tails trailing out behind it.  The battle didn't last long.  I forget who finally get the final killing blow in.  A swordsman, I think.  But we all had a hand in Fima's death.  I returned back to the castle and let the lady know of my success.  I retired to a small town just outside of the castle.

When I started up a fortress, I did it on the remains of the titan's temple, and a further story sprang into my head.  The dwarves had been banished by the combined power of the hydra and the titan, and locked away by seals maintained by the titan.  Upon the titan's death, the seals weakened and broke.  This makes a sort of sense, given that when I started the fortress, the world passed into the Age of Fairy Tales.  If I find myself inclined, I might write up the full story and pull all of the cool bits of world history into it.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 15, 2010, 02:23:37 am »

I apparently got some 'nobility cred' from slaying an entire lair of haggy things, so the lady of the castle sent me to kill...an alligator.

Gee, that was hard.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 15, 2010, 02:56:33 am »

When I started up a fortress, I did it on the remains of the titan's temple, and a further story sprang into my head.  The dwarves had been banished by the combined power of the hydra and the titan, and locked away by seals maintained by the titan.  Upon the titan's death, the seals weakened and broke.  This makes a sort of sense, given that when I started the fortress, the world passed into the Age of Fairy Tales.  If I find myself inclined, I might write up the full story and pull all of the cool bits of world history into it.

Please do! :) I love reading all these stories!

In other news: Warghui Kutsmobzon is the latest goblin driven to a life of adventure by a combination of poverty, foolishness and bloodlust.  Along with his woodcutting friend, Ago Bemstul, he's slain a foul night-creature already.
On his way back to his hometown, full  of bravery, he stopped in the hamlet of Manacejail... And found it abandoned.
What happened to it's inhabitants? Unnerved by this, Warghui ran as fast as he could back to Witchrhyme, his maroon hair and green ears trailing behind him.
He proceeded to brag loudly to anyone would listen, until, sick of him, they sent him out to kill another monster.
Dragging poor, more sensible Ago along, he sets off...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 15, 2010, 03:00:52 am »

I apparently got some 'nobility cred' from slaying an entire lair of haggy things, so the lady of the castle sent me to kill...an alligator.

Gee, that was hard.

Tee hee. Happens quite a lot. That alligator probably scared her when she was washing or something.

Also, finally! Finally I've found where I saw that phrase defining Bay12 forums! Your sig. Now that I know that Urist Imiknorris said it the loudest.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 1104