Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099515 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #945 on: November 14, 2010, 07:14:15 am »

Im very slowly walking through a cave, with a very serious head injury and near blindness. Blood is dripping down from the crack in my skull, and i may die if i dont rest, but i must find my companion.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 14, 2010, 07:53:10 am »

Got showered with 'go kill bandits' quests and no night creatures at all, so went exploring. Made it around the mountain range next to the starter civ (was quite big, too) with my two companions but got ambushed by a night creature... apparently it destroyed an elf civ before that. And murdered my companions while the adventurer was still sleeping.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 14, 2010, 08:08:31 am »

Well, lost my foot to a cave crawler.  Can't walk.

On the other hand, this doesn't diminish my ability to lead 19 soldiers up to a bad guy and use them to kill it.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 14, 2010, 09:22:14 am »

Made a human demigod adventurer, an awesome lasher. DF decided to get humorous and made me a scantily-clad (tunic, loincloth, shoes, socks, cap) female named Tequil Treasureorbs. Yeeeah.
She got her first bandit pretty easily with a group of fellow lashers at her side, but it was almost night, she fell asleep and got stabbed in the head by a goblin ambush. Meh.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:29:21 am by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 14, 2010, 09:55:58 am »

Therset Legenddawn the Wealth of Tufts, my spear-wielding adventurer, is a bit of an anomaly: he lost the use of his shield hand in his very first quest, but has since gone on to slay countless beasts, night-creatures, bandits, an ettin, and even a cave dragon, surviving without the benefit of his shield, something which I remember used to be impossible in any earlier version. He has high agility, but doesn't even have a very great dodging skill—still sitting at Competent. Nor does he hide behind an army of countless henchmen; the only traveling companion he has ever had is his right-hand man, the maceman Ibu Lizardyor the Dim Oracles of Venerating, whom Therset picked up at Stoppeddots, a backcountry fortress near his hometown of Outragecups. (Ibu has acquired quite a history of badassity in his own right. Once I could swear some bandits gave him red wounds in the lungs and legs, but just a few hours of sleep and not a single trace of wounds were left on his body, not even scars. That's probably a bug, but I'd rather chalk it up to superhuman recuperation.)

Therset and Ibu are now known as legendary heroes throughout the many kingdoms and races of the Planes of Dawning. But now they have been tasked to face their greatest ever foe: Nici Parchedflare the Jade Spark of Brands, a dragon who since the dawn of time has been terrorizing the Nations of Surprise. The dragon is unique among Therset's previous enemies in that it breathes fire. Right now I'm a little worried for Therset, who can't fight and use a shield at the same time. I haven't played enough to know whether you can dodge through dragonfire or otherwise survive it at all without using a shield; do you guys have any experience in this matter?

tl;dr: The new Adventure Mode is fucking amazing.

Edit: Went and fought the dragon anyway. In Therset's second round of combat, he had a good shot at its head; I took it, and the great dragon lay dead in front of the man. It fell before it could breathe a single flurry of firebreath, and I'm left wondering if dragons still even have firebreath in this version.  :o  Therset's companion Ibu is not quite so lucky, as his left foot was bitten clean off by the dragon before I could finish it off. Hopefully he doesn't bleed to death before we get out of here; I've grown quite attached to the old bastard.

Awesome story, kudos!
I love that, with this update, there are so many cool stories coming out! :D
I also love making them myself. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:50 am »

Made a new adventurer, this time an axe-wielding human. Again the generator gave me a nearly naked female - cap, loincloth, sandals, tunic. She was tasked with slaying a bandit, which she did with the help of two other axemen. Then they got rid of a kobold ambush on their way to their next bandit camp. The girl dressed up a bit during those travels, and gathered a lot of weapons... wielding them all. Right now she's got 16, shields included. However, her companions suddenly decided to leave her, and so she's fighting the goblins in the camp one by one, feigning weakness so that they close in and then turning them into a walking weapon rack with blades and spears sticking out of every body part.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:24 am »

Testing some new adventurer reactions, so I make an adventurer and send him off into the wilds.  I come across an elephant.

Perfect I think, I'll just kill one of them and I can test everything all at once!  So I attack one.

...and then get knocked over.  And then my head is stepped on.

Damn elephants and their interfering with ‼SCIENCE‼.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 14, 2010, 11:11:57 am »

I... think they're running out of megabeasts and semi-megabeasts, because I just got assigned to kill a (named) alligator.

:/

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 14, 2010, 11:32:40 am »

testing out the adventurer swap addon for DFfusion by far allows me to dig deeper into the subject than never before.
I found out that.
One you can get companions to get companions of their own and those second rank ones will follow "you".
Two you can give items to companions and other folks as well.
Three if you travel out of your swap body you can swap back to the body again if you remember the first name of the creature.... if the creature has one(you don't get warp to a different area when you travel again).
Four luring enemies to you using your fastest member of your band from is way better than walking out to the Travel safe zone after wiping out the area.
Five always before testing if cashing in a quest using "the fastest member of your band" to mark where every one is or you end up walking back finding out you Can't cash it and lost in the middle of night searching where every one gone to.
Six don't swap back several screens away from your original body the game will crash.

seven punching a lady won't lead to every one trying to kill you but will lead to said lady asking you to "prepare to die" then Cancel half way into doing so I think it's the MISS that kills all ability for anyone to be still pissed at each other if they are from the same civ.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #954 on: November 14, 2010, 11:56:07 am »

...into a walking weapon rack...
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 14, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »

I've just realised my title is Lolor Basementearth the Church-Nettle of Fainting.

Wow, don't I sound threatening.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 14, 2010, 01:59:24 pm »

A female peasant by the name of Innu Ancientonions set out from her home carrying little in addition to her trusty copper spear. She asked around for work at a local hamlet and received word of a troll wife of the night feasting on the locals. Being unskilled and unremarkable altogether when it came to fighting, she stopped at a fortress on the way to Tombdies and asked for the swordsman Didde to join her. Together they slew the beast, and went on to eradicate wildlife problems from the countryside. As their fame grew, one of the farmers recommended that they ask for more work at the fortress of the local ruler. On the way to the fortress they were ambushed by elves. Didde held the attention of the powerful elven warlord while Innu dispatched the grunts. Together they managed to kill Rathe Faithsing, the elven warlord, and relayed their story to the habitants of the fortress. During this course they both had amassed a serious set of wounds and scars, Didde much more so than Innu, so she decided to round up the troops at the fortress for her next quest, which was to slay a real beast of the night at the Grave of Funerals.

Despite the ominous name, the large party arrived at the lair, ready to deal justice in the form of cold steel and bronze. A short trash-talking contest later the battle raged on. Didde was the first to charge, and Innu backed him up in case anything went wrong. It didn't work out that well, as Didde got toyed around with. Innu stabbed her spear into the upper torso of the beast, lodging the weapon deep into the wound, and brought the creature down with a charging attack. This proved to be a fatal mistake, as the attention of the beast turned to Innu, who got promptly ripped to shreds in a short wrestling match. Didde, ever the faithful companion, was already at death's door since the beginning of the ill-fated quest, and unsurprisingly fell next. The rest of the party fared no better. Alas.

Juraz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 14, 2010, 02:01:13 pm »

After many an immediately killed adventurer, including one that wiped out an entire bandit camp before walking up to the leader and promptly getting stabbed in the head, I got lucky.

I was tasked to kill a chieftess. When I got there, I found only her. She pretty much let me kill her. So I went back home and spread the news, they were very impressed with me and I gained a follower, I hadn't really talked to him much before so I was surprised that he would come while my friends all laughed and said that the adventuring life was not for them. I and my companion went off and raided another bandit camp, my companion did not survive. I continued on in this fashion for some time, getting progressively more followers who would usually end up dead while we slew many a bandit. I took to smashing skulls in with my shield after my sword inevitably got stuck in my target's gut, the crunching sound pleased me. The whole time I never got a single injury. We were on our way to another camp when we were ambushed! The vast majority of my party died and yet I once again escaped unscathed, following behind me while I made for the nearest hamlet were an uninjured ranger and a severely injured maceman. I recruited some more would be adventures who thought that death would not happen to them, it always happens to the other people they would think, heh, they were wrong. Two camps successfully raided and another goblin ambush later I still had the injured maceman with me, I had other followers but none who had been around as long as him, he had my respect if nothing else. I decided that it would be nice to have a better sword, I had still been using the one I'd begun my adventuring with, and so I went shopping. I exchanged my short sword for a long sword, or at least I thought I had, after I had handed my sword over the long sword disappeared and was nowhere to be seen. furious, I grabbed my short sword and walked out of the store and over to a nearby house to get some more followers, nobody would speak to me! Apparently I had stolen my sword. After killing nearly every bandit that had ever bothered the people of my nation they refused to talk to me because of the word of some swindling merchant! So I set off northwards to find some other nation that was not full of idiots. I lead my small band across the great golden plains of my former nation, walking briskly in the lead. When I reached the small town I had once called home I looked about me and realised that my party had snuck off at some point, even the old reliable maceman. When I approached the people I grew up with, the people I once called friends, they all refused to talk to me as well! So now I'm sitting next to the building I used to live in and am contemplating the difficult journey ahead of me and how I'll have no one to help keep the bogeymen away or take the brunt of a goblin ambush. I swear if I survive this I will come back someday and kill every one of these idiots.   

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #958 on: November 14, 2010, 03:09:50 pm »

Started a new elf after the last fell in the first goblin ambush. This time I got lucky, and stumbled across a shrine on the way to the first bandit  I was contracted for. While my two companions, a pikeman and a maceman, held off the pitifully weak bronze golemn, I was able to round up several bismuth and iron armor pieces that actually fit. Even though they had dodged and blocked all of his attacks, right as we were about to leave the golemn scored a lucky hit on the pikeman, crushing his skull, and then proceeded to lock the maceman's arm before breaking her ribs. I cursed their slip up, but I didn't see how I could help her, (what with a wooden sword), so I said goodbye and fled off of the hill--only to meet a human swordsman running up the hill. Hastily equipping the half-set of armor, I learned that this swordsman was something of a master, avoiding all my attacks and returning fire in spades. Before I was able to put him down, he had managed to lop off my entire left arm at the shoulder, destroy my right foot, knock out one of my teeth, tear my left leg, shatter my nose and right before I was able to put my bronze dagger through his head he impaled my upper body, tearing my heart apart! Now I have to bloody start over.
WTF was he doing out there anyway?!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 14, 2010, 03:15:32 pm »

What the fuck 3 giant scorpions* killed my companions and I'm an untrained peasant with only clothes, a shield and scimitar. I am in the desert been fighting those scorpions for awhile now i got bruises everywhere but i managed to take a scorpion down and chop a stinger of another scorpion. This fight is leaving me clothesless as scorpion sometimes grabs me or my clothes off my body i'm half-naked in the desert fighting like a hero but i know the boogeymen will get me at night even if i vanquish those scorpions and i'm not sure if i can hold any longer
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 1104