Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099388 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #885 on: November 12, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »

My head was smashed by a goblin - I barely killed it, but now im laying in the middle of a forest with a split open skull, trying to stop the bleeding with my turban.

I really hope i dont die, because this character is quite experienced, and has a long history to his name...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:56 pm »

I'm going to try to raise a human outsider from the ground up, and I find it rather odd that he'll spawn with a copper spear and a dagger, but no clothes at all. :o

No tiem fer clothes, I be smitin' me sum pointy coppery stuff
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #887 on: November 12, 2010, 11:28:37 pm »

My first job is to kill a giantess with a 150+killstreak. Now, I'm no pushover, I butcher the shit out of wolves/cougars/leopards without so much as a bruised lung(worst injury sustained from 22 kills), and only a few days into the game have superhuman strength, agility, toughness, endurance, spacial sense, and kinesthetic sense.
But I dunno if I could take her.
Thoughts?

Only my third character, and I like 'er, so I would prefer not losing this one.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 12, 2010, 11:41:05 pm »

My char was badass like yours but she took me down i suggest get like one or two dudes with you that you pick up from a fortress, my tactics probably sucked though i tried to berserk her

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #889 on: November 12, 2010, 11:54:39 pm »

Hah, How does one get companions? Peeps in the towns/hamlets really aren't interested, haven't found any fortresses.

Yeaaah, scratch that, she shattered 4 of my bones, through my armor, without me laying a finger on 'er. I think I'll just loot her little pile of riches, and call it a job well done.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:04:00 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:52 am »

Hah, How does one get companions? Peeps in the towns/hamlets really aren't interested, haven't found any fortresses.

Yeaaah, scratch that, she shattered 4 of my bones, through my armor, without me laying a finger on 'er. I think I'll just loot her little pile of riches, and call it a job well done.

Almost any of the soldier types you find will follow you. Look for a fortress, but you can usually find 1 or 2 soldiers in a hamlet if you're lucky.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 13, 2010, 12:51:04 am »

I usually just go for 20 peasant meat shields.

"I've always wanted to see the world!"

"Err.  ::) yeah, sure, it's gonna be a big tour."

Ambushed by 40 goblins, not a scratch on my character  8). A few lot of peasants died, though.
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #892 on: November 13, 2010, 12:53:18 am »

"I'm really...not interested"

-rangers peasants hunters etc
I suppose I'll try more, after I manage to find the only shopkeeper within 300 miles.
Badges of honor

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 13, 2010, 12:54:14 am »

You're not likely to get any help until you do something heroic.
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 13, 2010, 12:58:06 am »

The key is getting lucky and successfully killing something.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 13, 2010, 01:09:17 am »

OMGWTFBBQ?

I just started my run into a bandit's camp. After I saw the sea of blood and dead bodies I kinda slowed down, when I find friendlies killing the leader and his camp as I approach. Afterwards, one of them turned out to be the Lasher that was accompanying my second to last character. I knew because I gave him a nickname, but um...what? Why was he still there? And I'm pretty sure the Sword and Axemen that were there were the same ones, but they didn't have their nicks.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 13, 2010, 01:14:34 am »

OMGWTFBBQ?

I just started my run into a bandit's camp. After I saw the sea of blood and dead bodies I kinda slowed down, when I find friendlies killing the leader and his camp as I approach. Afterwards, one of them turned out to be the Lasher that was accompanying my second to last character. I knew because I gave him a nickname, but um...what? Why was he still there? And I'm pretty sure the Sword and Axemen that were there were the same ones, but they didn't have their nicks.

Be honored, you have inspired new adventurers.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 13, 2010, 01:28:31 am »

I just retired my Human adventurer.  With a small army (10 humans, including a cook, architect, and blowgunner. Also 3 wrestlers, a lasher, and a blowgunner so it wasn't a super team) I defeated both a dragon and a Hydra easily.  Was a heavy armor sword user. 

I just started a new one with a spear/kicker which seems better than expected.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #898 on: November 13, 2010, 01:38:34 am »

OMGWTFBBQ?
quest with them, legacy ftw.
My question is, why the hell are they still alive if your character isn't? You have failed to utilize your assets properly.

Also,
So, I really would be better off doing what I"m doing, looking for a different quest to try and sway hearts and minds. Hopefully something with less than a 150+ body count...
Badges of honor

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:57 am »

OMGWTFBBQ?
quest with them, legacy ftw.
My question is, why the hell are they still alive if your character isn't? You have failed to utilize your assets properly.

Also,
So, I really would be better off doing what I"m doing, looking for a different quest to try and sway hearts and minds. Hopefully something with less than a 150+ body count...

I can always ask 2 people to come before the first quest, and every quest seems to let you recruit 1 more. Also, on the legacy thing. I did just that. Destroyed some night creatures, bandits, etc... Wow this is easy, I wish I'd get something harder...*GOBLIN AMBUSH* Awesome! Some action! *Kills 2 Goblins singlehandedly* How are my 6 companions doing? *Checks* 3 Dead, 1 Majorly Injured, 1 Slightly Injured, the other is a Crossbowman. Anyways, I charge to try and help the majorly injured one. *Dead* Dang.

Edit: The point of this post? Watch was you wish for. This game will kill you.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 1104