Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099530 times)

DumbfoundedElf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #765 on: October 09, 2010, 10:12:13 pm »

I just got my first quest and I'm still thinking about doing or not.

I have to kill a bronze colossus as my first enemy (for this character).

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 09, 2010, 10:20:09 pm »

Punching wolves so hard that their skulls are jammed through their brains...

Ah, not that big of an accomplishment. That's what happens most of the time you get a headshot against someone without any armor.

But that's what I'm doing. That's what the threads about...

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2010, 02:25:38 am »

But that's what I'm doing. That's what the threads about...

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to belittle you, I was just saying that doesn't mean you're hitting them especially hard, that's just what happens most of the times with any direct hit to an unarmored head.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2010, 04:02:50 am »

I went up to legendary wrestling by wrestling a pangolin brute once. Then he proceeded to joint lock me to death while all my sword attacks glanced off his clothing  :D

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2010, 04:58:52 pm »

I went up to legendary wrestling by wrestling a pangolin brute once. Then he proceeded to joint lock me to death while all my sword attacks glanced off his clothing  :D

Maybe the sword wasn't 'big' enough to hurt the monster.

It also the same thing when I fought a rat demon with a bronze shortsword. It didn't hurt him probably because my skills aren't enough (I was an accomplished swordsman) or the weapon wasn't just big enough.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 10, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

Is that the thing you get when  'Weapon' passes through Urist McEnemy?
Everybody!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 10, 2010, 10:59:06 pm »

Is that the thing you get when  'Weapon' passes through Urist McEnemy?
Nope...it's when several factors like a newbie swordsman w/ weak skills + a plain sword of not so good quality just seems unable to cut through someone's clothing (maybe like back then when spider silk seemed to effectively make a lot of sharp stuff glance off...or maybe it still does?).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 11, 2010, 02:04:23 am »

When my knife-user, ambusher, and thrower adventure just came into town hauling an elephant corpse, I discovered several bodies lying around town. After trying to see if the villagers we headed somewhere, I couldn't find anything currently happening (although I did find an elf ranger that appeared to be roaming around for no apparent reason, he apparently wasn't involved). I went back to where the original bodies where and tried searching the opponent direction and found a few more. I still haven't found the cause of it.

Before this a nearby village was apparently attacked by a lizard devil, as I found several body part and pieces of clothing covered in, among other things, "(blah blah) lizard devil goo..." (it unfortunately cuts off there). There were also some wrecked buildings.

Also, are there supposed to be some sort of penalties for humans trying to become knife-users? I've killed several animals mostly with a knife, but it won't get more than very low level novice. As as result I'm classified as a wrestler, solely because I was grappled by a lion which shot me up to "novice" wrestler.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:09:44 am by Knigel »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2010, 02:34:55 am »

Also, are there supposed to be some sort of penalties for humans trying to become knife-users? I've killed several animals mostly with a knife, but it won't get more than very low level novice. As as result I'm classified as a wrestler, solely because I was grappled by a lion which shot me up to "novice" wrestler.
Hmm, not really...it's just that weapon skills are slower to learn & level than most because even when the enemy is bigger & stronger than you, you still get the same EXP.

On Topic: Killed a demon & butchered it. I then made an exceptional sword & buckler from it's bones & shell & a nifty backpack from it's scales. Sure it's not as good as some of the stuff in the shops, but it's exotically satisfying & fun to use.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 11, 2010, 10:42:56 am »

I think it has something to do with the size of the creature. If they are huge, their clothes are huge and their skin will be pretty thick. It was an iron short-sword with level 5 swordsman. How come when you grab a creatures body part you sometimes can't do throws or anything?

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 11, 2010, 11:41:27 am »

On Topic: Killed a demon & butchered it. I then made an exceptional sword & buckler from it's bones & shell & a nifty backpack from it's scales. Sure it's not as good as some of the stuff in the shops, but it's exotically satisfying & fun to use.

Wait, how the crap do you make stuff in adventure mode?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 11, 2010, 12:49:54 pm »

I think it has something to do with the size of the creature. If they are huge, their clothes are huge and their skin will be pretty thick. It was an iron short-sword with level 5 swordsman. How come when you grab a creatures body part you sometimes can't do throws or anything?

Yeah, that's why Wrestling keeps accidentally getting shot up so high fighting huge stuff. Doesn't even have to be that big, like I said my adventurer was grabbed by a lion and went from not Wrestler to Novice Wrestler.

Wait, how the crap do you make stuff in adventure mode?

He's probably using a mod. Vanilla adventure mode doesn't give you the ability to make anything but sharp rocks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 11, 2010, 06:06:51 pm »

found another way I could cause a massive brawl if I just used embark hack on friendship and cram about 40 dwarfs in a spot and do this again with a different embark with elves/humans/goblins/anything not a demon or random gened and provoke a attack with a body swap. Though you one could dress up certain npc with armor oh and when body swapped ordering the names in the list will cause the game to crash. I think it's due to the order runesmith finds is the order the game has originally and will pick the first character off that list moving it around will lead to the game to go nuts.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 11, 2010, 09:11:46 pm »

I made a shitload of money selling the parts of the elephant and what was on those corpses, but then, when I had only bought half the crap I was looking for, I accidentally stole a pair of gauntlets, making all the money unusable since the whole civilization it was used by now want to kill me. Damn telepathic countries.

Luckily I was in hiding, so I didn't get caught. I eventually decided to dump the money, and book it after stealing another replacement spear and every bolt and arrow I could find for throwing.

Right now I'm heading south to what's apparently the only evil region on the map, to just keep murdering as many goblins and their associates as possible, Well, the game just crashed for the first time ever, erasing the last three hours of gametime, including everything traveling around half a freaking continent just to find out how to go south..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:39:58 pm by Knigel »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:42 pm »

I'ma start up another adventurer. I wanna fill the world with succeeds and fails from my adventurers, then go fort  8)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1104