Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099784 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2010, 08:19:53 am »

Well, the whole point of my fort just got fucked by the clown car phenomenon -- motherfucking again these bitches are gobbling up my FPS, making the whole fucking site useless. This makes no fucking sense, because in Fortress mode, there's anything from 0 to a handful, so why is it in Adventurer mode there are so many hundreds of pages of them that there's no fucking possible way they could fit into the space? The only fix I know deletes objects, unfortunately also deletes EVERYTHING the dwarves have done, returning it to pristine terrain.

I'm going to try some drastic cheating with Runescape; sit at the edge of the map, bring them all up to me, kill them and dump their bodies off-site so they'll get the fuck out of my save data. It's either that or throw the whole fucker away.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:23:31 am by Dok Enkephalin »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2010, 08:45:43 am »

Nemesis load error.
What the hell does that mean, anyway? It sounds pretty exciting, up until that last word.
It means Nemesis has moaned "S.T.A.R.SSSSS" and fired a rocket into your DF folder

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2010, 08:46:59 am »

*gasp*
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2010, 08:52:46 am »

Found a better fix. I deadflagged one instead, found it didn't leave a corpse, deadflagged about half a dozen more before I noticed the 'show dead' option, which indicates they remain in memory. Went offsite, came back, the population came down to about a dozen. And the frames, they are so smooth! I can rescue my hoard now!

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2010, 09:00:34 am »

Creative solutions. Dwarf Fortress Stylee
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:17 am »

I believe it has something to do with files going missing from the region folder. Of course I'z just a newb, so i could be totally wrong

Usually, but I had a look and it seems to be fine. I'll try it again tonight and see if it does it again.

I had a clownite kimono worth just under 2mil in that fortress, alone with a bunch of epic weapons, so I hope I can get it working.

I also managed to chop all the legs off of an ant before it died. That amused me.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2010, 10:53:12 am »

oh god the genesis mummies...

The Mummy is caught up in Rotten Dead Flies!!
You are caught up in Rotten Dead Flies!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You have bled to death.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:20 am »

oh god the genesis mummies...

The Mummy is caught up in Rotten Dead Flies!!
You are caught up in Rotten Dead Flies!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You are Melting!!
You have bled to death.

If you liked mummies, you'll have FUN if you try to wrestle with Lost Adventurers...

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »

Downloaded 31.13
Gen a world
Start adventure
Find ocean, train swimming and ambush same time.
Notice my character hungry and thirsty, quick travel, come back, repeat.
Until my character was about High Master swimming and ambush, I thought "good enough, time to train something else"... try quick travel 1 tile out of ocean.

Suddenly, "random battle" taking place in ocean...

... and the game puts adventurer in underground, just friggin great, all the time I wasted for nothing!!FUN!!. I couldn't get out at all. I wish Toady make it that it's possible to quick travel out of underground OR don't put character straight to underground.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:55 pm »

I wish Toady make it that it's possible to quick travel out of underground OR don't put character straight to underground.

Isn't the underground thing a bug?

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »

yea happened to me once or twice.  Found a way out once and emerged covered in vomit blood and a arm missing.  BEST DAY EVER!!!
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2010, 07:01:02 pm »

Drowned my human lasher.  She tried to train the elven children, thinking that if she toughened them up enough, they'd improve in a few generations.  She couldn't find a single elven child, however, that wouldn't die after five cracks of her whip.  In shame, after wiping out the entire elven race, she jumped in a lake and drowned.  She was not ashamed of wiping out the elves.  She was ashamed of wasting her time trying to improve a race that so obviously deserved extinction.
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »

Played around in a town in .13.   Went looking for a shop... odd none around, and when I read the directions the city itself is a 16x16 plot of land with absolutely nothing in it...work in progress I guess.

So I decide to go on a mass genocide.  I barge into a hut and stab one of the occupants in the leg with my crappy copper short sword. 

The resident, doesn't give a shit.  In fact I don't even autotarget him as hostile, I have to manually target him again.  And not only that, noone else cares either. 

So I strike up a conversation with the guy (who has been upgraded from moderate legwound to arm amputee) and he says nothing interesting.  But when I leave the conversation window he starts fighting back!  He is quickly upgraded again from arm amputee to kibbles n' bits, and I move onto my next victim research subject.

Again, I stab the poor sap with the pointy end and he doesn't care.  And this time I start a conversation immediately, and yet again he starts attacking.  I start conversations with everyone else in the room as well and after each the person immediately turns hostile.

Conclusion, in 31.13 courtesy is supreme.  You must first greet your victims personally one at a time in a warm and friendly way before sending their bits to the far corners of the room.  Even mass murderers need to greet their customers with a smile.

P.S. I also discovered that in order to alt move now you need to do the alt move command twice in a row.  First time seems to indicate your intention, second time actually moves you when you press alt-<direction>

P.P.S.  Oh my god, they are all naked!  My minds eye!  It burns!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:03:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »

that would explain the lack of response to the killings.
for they are already dead or you walk in a pacifistic nudist camp.
the town issue was already talk about in the update shame really.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 16, 2010, 12:19:44 am »

^^I'm running 31.12 and I've had the same experience with the alt commands.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 1104