Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099872 times)

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #555 on: September 09, 2010, 03:23:52 pm »

Ok, since Turin died a rather horrific death involving a murky pool and a tiger, I'm gonna go with Tyn Ardris. He is a proficient dodger, adequate swimmer, and a talented cavalier (swordsman). In recent adventures, I tore all the pieces off of a bear's head.

EDIT: Actually, never mind, he just died. Mauled by lions.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:30:45 pm by Confused111 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 09, 2010, 05:19:41 pm »

Some how in adventurer fort news I'm going to test the lock in theory to see if two would even talk to each other. If this doesn't work then I'm going to sell off the adventurer into slavery. Which brings up a question does animal selling still lead to elves opening the cages? If so then a deck out Cage holding area engraved with loads of statues would be a good "final" resting place for the sterile man.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 09, 2010, 05:29:12 pm »

He is a proficient dodger, adequate swimmer, and a talented cavalier (swordsman).
I'd recommend the proficient in shield use and talented in fighter, and all other skills can be developed without much effort. Shield Use becomes an impenetrable defense even with crappy equipment, while Dodge at max is still unreliable. Also, Talented Fighter gives you a decent ability with any weapon you're unskilled in, and they can improve in ability together.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »

Since he died, I went on to make a new character. I just killed my first titled beast by venturing into an underground cavern since no one would give me work. They would just forcefully make me worship their gods.

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 10, 2010, 03:17:26 am »

I started a major forest fire just to see how long it would take for it to kill a wolf.  It turns out it takes a long time if you broke all of it's legs and didn't make any bleeding injuries.

Next time, I think I'll try setting fire to a town...
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 10, 2010, 04:00:12 am »

My high master wrestler Dwarf was killed by a cat.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 10, 2010, 04:26:34 am »

My high master wrestler Dwarf was killed by a cat.
It catsploaded in your face.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:48 pm »

I started a major forest fire just to see how long it would take for it to kill a wolf.  It turns out it takes a long time if you broke all of it's legs and didn't make any bleeding injuries.
Next time, I think I'll try setting fire to a town...
In my experience, neither does much. The only way I was able to KILL IT WITH FIRE! was when I set fire to a tree next to a non-enemy elf. It was able to kill them, as after, say, ten turns, they started to melt. But then, they have to be standing in one of the on-fire squares 1 tile away from the tree/bush that happens to be lit. I've never seen fire spread, buildings get 'warm', other trees are immune, and only if I fast-travel away/back do I notice there will be scorched earth.... I think at one point, I even slept nearby and there was no spreading of the fire.

AzureAngelic

• Bay Watcher
  • is waiting for dwarves to invent large blenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2010, 03:00:53 pm »

My current adventurer was given a quest to kill a minotaur. Armed in basic bronze equipment, he was kicked in the ribs by a warthog halfway there and suffered a major heart bruise. With a rousing cry of "fuck this shit hearts are useless anyway" he found the cave, slaughtered everything in it, and went back to the town to get paid.
Urist McFodder cancels Breathe: Interrupted by Goblin.
Urist McAwesome unleashes the magma floods!
Gobbo Steve cancels Attack: Interrupted by Lava.
Lava cancels Kill Goblin: Interruped by Fungiwood.
Urist McAwesome cancels Live: Taken by depression.
Urist McAwesome has perished in lava.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2010, 04:18:22 pm »

My lasher threw a lion corpse into another lion's brain, getting stuck.
WAIT, WHAT?!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 10, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »

Hey, remember that hydra I mentioned technically not-killing a couple pages ago?

Well, I brought up the old save and check the legends and it says he was killed by ant demon. But, given that hydra by then had lived 1006 years and killed 198 people (more than three times much as that guy told me he did), that same demon had been around for 231 years without killing it (or anything else), and it died from bleeding, it was probably actually caused by the many head injuries my adventurer inflicted.

Thanks to the kill-stealing ant, she went down with the only notable killing being a 4 and 5 year-old horse.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:12:39 pm by Knigel »

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 10, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »

Used my modded creature to pinch the head off of one wolf, pick up it's head, then bash in the heads of the remaining five wolves.  I love this game...
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 10, 2010, 09:40:45 pm »

Apparently the elven prince's mysterious wife could conceive something at least passable for elvish, since he had a daughter. She was gored in one of the first unicorn rampages, before I ever got to ask her, "What's it like being raised by an unknown creature?"

Before her impalement, she begat a son who still lives, and has migrated back to the doomed retreat. Like his grandfather, he doesn't have anything to say about his grandmother.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 10, 2010, 10:08:51 pm »

Apparently the elven prince's mysterious wife could conceive something at least passable for elvish, since he had a daughter. She was gored in one of the first unicorn rampages, before I ever got to ask her, "What's it like being raised by an unknown creature?"

Before her impalement, she begat a son who still lives, and has migrated back to the doomed retreat. Like his grandfather, he doesn't have anything to say about his grandmother.
dang so the elf boned a god?

Well I found out one big reason why warlords send out kill quests on demons and civil megabeasts.
they can't walk through a door/furniture with out breaking it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 10, 2010, 11:16:20 pm »

Wanted to do an experiment, so the last time a pack of seven wolves ambushed me, I just sat there and let them go at me.  They bit and bit and bit, but my modded character was simply too strong for them: his body is made of an ultradense material, but since it's organic and has an absurdly high regeneration rate, they couldn't do anything other than annoy me.  Then, a polar bear came along, and managed a few bites on my fingers that hurt a little.  When I got bored, my character stood up, then went to town on them.  It was over before they even realized my character could stand.

My modded character also discovered human civilization.  I was a little sad when I discovered that there were no elves (apparently they were entirely wiped out by the Metal Wolves, my modded race and civilization, and their allies the goblins), but there's still humans and dwarves to play with (read: annihilate down to the last child, break said child's legs, then set fire to nearby trees and grasses so it can sit and watch him melt.  Metal wolves are evil, and their civilization has only one rule: ANYTHING GOES).  One town down, nine to go before this civilization is eradicated.  Once the elves and dwarves are gone, I shall have to remove this world and it's modded creatures.  I've pretty much got adventure mode down pat, so there's no more need to godmod anymore.  One thing I did learn, though: there is no such thing as too powerful, but even the most powerful species will die from a one Z-level drop.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1104