Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099927 times)

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2010, 08:40:54 am »

You know, if you recruit him, you could go kill all the forgotten beasts and gather their pieces to throw in the nearest volcano.

Then you betray him and throw him in the volcano.

actually i dont think he killed anything.

off topic: is there any mod for semi and forgotten beasts sieges?

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2010, 10:43:37 am »

Ooh, chaos is in the works.

I met the leader of the major Empire around here, and it turns out to be another demon. How do humans appoint these guys? I don't know how responsible he is for the demon attacks on surrounding nations, but I have noticed a distinct lack of similar attacks on the Confederacies cities. I do know that 6 warlords in his group have asked me to kill him, including one living in his city. Oh, I know how that turns out, so this time I'm going to be prepared.

I've noticed that every time I attack or get attacked, my enemy is declared enemy by every group I'm a member of. I happen to be in good standing with the official Goddess of the Empire, but this lawgiver is not a member. So I'm off on an Empire-wide pilgrimage to join the cult of every single city. Let's see where loyalties fall when the bloodshed begins, shall we? I'm going to start collecting currencies from bordering nations just in case.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:01 am »

As throwing weapons, I assume. You would become not any mere avatar of Armok, but War himself. You would be everywhere. Your name in every faction. Your very presence in a town would cause bloodshed.

So, uh, buy some decent armor.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 24, 2010, 11:14:53 am »

I body swap into a Dwarven Prisoner in a elven-goblin fort who was only 3 years old.
so the first thing I did was to leave the site, during the escape I pick up 3 elven prisoners and kill a hand few of loins tigers and cougars only to be killed by a elephant.

so pretty much now there a zombie baby roaming the lands...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 24, 2010, 12:49:44 pm »

Buy? I can't wear anything the human towns have. The only reason I even have money is because of habits ingrained from many RPG's. I've already got the best gear from fallen dwarven companions, and a treasure trove that would drive any dragon insane with jealousy. I'll just do what many ppl do during wartime and can't count on currency; carry jewelry and barter it as needed.

It'll be interesting to see what advantage the encroached nations around might want to take during holy civil war. I've been doing them favors too, and one of them made me a member almost instantly.

EDIT: It gets even better -- this demon honestly asked me to do some dirty work against a neighboring country, instead of setting me up and letting me know the hard way. But it turns out that nation also worships the same Goddess. Guess I'll be expanding my chapel tour...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:57:34 pm by Dok Enkephalin »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2010, 02:36:23 pm »

I did my first three dorfs.

Choppy Murderfires went around chopping things apart with his axe, then eating their hearts, before a saltwater croc tore and organ in his left leg. He killed it, and crawled for two days to the Mountainhome, only to retire, still unable to stand, and *still* bleeding.

The second one, Zulban Unibstelid Ibrukstagshil, spawned right next to the dwarven king, in steel chain mail, with a steel battleaxe. So... she attacked the king, killed him, killed his ambassador son, guards, random children, clothiers, Choppy Murderfires (she broke his hand, but he disarmed her temporarily) and wound up with a kill count of 16 before she got taken down with crossbow bolts.

This third one, Lenore Jeweleyes, alternately wields Zulban's partial skeleton, her steel battleaxe, and assorted bismuth bronze from the slaughter. At the moment, she has the quest of "Kill Utast Smokeravens the Pines of Oak", who turned out to be a wolf devil. It spits some sort of frozen goo, and she's currently wrestling him in bed and alternately beating him with a mace and stabbing him with a spear. The axe doesn't work.

She went from Skilled Wrestler to Legendary +5, for the record. He's on the ground heavily bleeding, and she's still bashing him with a mace.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2010, 08:13:08 pm »

This third one, Lenore Jeweleyes, alternately wields Zulban's partial skeleton, her steel battleaxe, and assorted bismuth bronze from the slaughter. At the moment, she has the quest of "Kill Utast Smokeravens the Pines of Oak", who turned out to be a wolf devil. It spits some sort of frozen goo, and she's currently wrestling him in bed and alternately beating him with a mace and stabbing him with a spear. The axe doesn't work.

She went from Skilled Wrestler to Legendary +5, for the record. He's on the ground heavily bleeding, and she's still bashing him with a mace.
oh dear...

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2010, 08:42:26 pm »

I'm rather proud of the new human adventurer I started yesterday: Aco "Swiftfortunes" Kosebestra.  Thus far, in his search for better equipment, he's been attacked by 2 Leopards, 1 Tiger, 2 Cheetahs, 3 Lions, 2 Giant Desert Scorpions, 1 Jaguar, 1 Cougar, and 5 Wolves (That last one I'm rather proud of, as they all attacked me simultaneously, and didn't get one good shot in).  All with just his starter equipment.  He's been keeping himself sustained by drinking the blood of his enemies that have splattered all over his body.  I'm hoping to take him to a dwarf fortress that is nearby, that before it was shut down had managed to dig a tunnel all the way down to hell.  When he gets there, I hope to find some adamantine equipment, since all anyone around here seems to have is bronze.  Then, after some adventures, and gaining fame and followers, he shall lead a small army of elves, dwarves, and humans down into the very depths of hell, and lead us all to glory and death!!  HUZZAH!!!
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 24, 2010, 11:20:43 pm »

Just killed my first Bronze Colossus after going in twice previously with two Dwarf buddies both times. The first two incursions didn't go so well for my companions, but their deaths weren't in vain. By the end of the second expedition, I realized that the Colossus tends to block less hits when prone and more importantly, blunt weapons (like the steel warhammer my buddy from the first expedition dropped) are a lot more effective against the Colossus than the slashing and piercing weapons I had been carrying around. Honestly, I was expecting to have to delve into the Colossus's mountain lair a lot more often, but the third time, after a failed charge down a slope on the Colossus's part, one of my two companions, a female axedwarf, ended up standing on top of the Colossus's prone form. How her small dwarf body managed to keep the bronze giant from getting up, I don't know, but a few (hundred) smacks with my hammer later, the Colossus's lower body flew straight off, at which point the three of us went on back to the dwarf town, hocked the statue for booze money, and partied our asses off.

The moral of the story: don't make jokes at fat peoples' expense. They could save your life one day by sitting on someone you don't like. Skinny people, though, are fair game. No way one of them can stop a bronze colossus from getting up just by sitting on it. :P
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2010, 12:50:26 am »

I had thought that bludgeoning damage would be more effective, even after spending two days with a bronze warhammer on one. And certainly steel is more effective than bronze against bronze. So I thought taking a bronze shortsword against him would be the perfect way to max my sword training. After a few deflections, I cut his head off in one hit. Kind of a letdown. Bladed weapons really do work better, whether sword or axe or even a dagger.

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 25, 2010, 01:46:24 am »

Well, that was brief, yet horrendously painful.  My character went to a cave, hoping to find some loot.  Oh, the ground outside was carpeted with the stuff, but unfortunately, right outside the entrance were seven giants, each of whom recited a list of kills, all of which were at least five names long, then rushed forward to attack me.  The first one to reach me grabbed me, and just being grabbed caused me to pass out in pain.  Then, I was promptly slaughtered.  I'd be annoyed if it wasn't so ridiculous XD.

And yeah, swords do work better, Dok Enkephalin: as long as they can penetrate, they can cut through body parts, and even if they don't, they'll cause bleeding wounds and damaged organs.  Since currently, the only way to truly kill an enemy is with blood loss (or with colossi decapitation), blades just tend to work batter.
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 25, 2010, 01:51:07 am »

Bisection also works for colossi. Good luck finding a weapon wide and sharp enough to cut it in half in one go.

(Adamantine. Serrated. Discs.)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 25, 2010, 04:13:39 am »

Just finished strangling my second consecutive jaguar to death.  My character is a master fighter and wrestler, which is ironic, given that he was supposed to be a swordsman.  However, I've perfected my large cat killing strategy: I throw my sword at the cat, nicking it and drawing blood.  Then I grab it by the head and gouge out it's eyes.  Now blinded, I release the head and grab the throat, apply a choke, and start strangling.  After the first strangle, the leopard passes out, and I can begin strangling at my leisure, choking the beast as it slowly bleeds to death.  I suppose I could just drop the sword, apply choke hold, and strangle without gouging or cutting, but I like to soften up my kills a little before I start the asphyxiation: I'm a patient man, but I don't have ALL day long to enjoy choking a giant forest predator to death.  Just part of the day.  After I've attained a couple of ranks in legendary swordsman, I'll start working on my swordsmanship again, but the last time I swung my sword, I'd sliced a giant lion in half on the first blow.  While that is cool, it doesn't net much in the way of experience.  I want my warrior to be the mightiest warrior he can be, so I'm cross training him to net as many points as possible.  When I begin destroying the elven civilizations, I want to be sure that I'm at my peak.

(I'm not doing Vanilla DF, I altered the races slightly, so that everyone builds cities, and everyone (except Gobs and Cutebolds, but who cares about them) can produce Adamantine.  My computer chugs a bit, so getting Adamant via a Dwarf Fortress would take weeks, even if I did the fortress right the first time.  I don't want to wait THAT long to be super awesome.  Besides, even the elves can use adamantine weapons, so it's close to a fair fight.  Well, as close to a fair fight as you can get with a bunch of tree huggin', flower sniffin', maypole dancin' sissy-faced nancy boys can ever get XD .  Of course, the merchants are charging me out the arse for adamantine weapons, but hey, why shouldn't they?)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:56 am »

I took out a collection of weapons against the colossus for the purpose of exploiting the easy exp gain, having maxed spear, pike, hammer and misc weapon on one earlier. I didn't expect an iron whip to be effective, but he had big red gouges within a minute of lashing. I switched to mace and maxxed that out handily. Then I went with a silver dagger, which I expected to be worth less than a bronze one, and finished him off fairly quickly with a only a modest gain in knife.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 25, 2010, 05:06:35 pm »

I experienced terrible defeat by an ettin.

My human lasher managed to attack twice, before the ettin grabbed me by one of my toes and threw me against a wall, where he exploded. I have never been defeated this fast.
Taste my Paci-Fist
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1104