Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100014 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:08 pm »

just use wooden upward spears on him.
First adventurer birth to a kid by race swapping a cat and a dwarf... now I have to shove wooden Spears in the ass of the dude to even get some female doctor to even notice him?
dang dwarf fortress relationships are flipping moral breaking and weird.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 17, 2010, 08:37:14 pm »

I made this guy out as a lovely axeman build, got to the name generation stage.

It was Idur Playedmurdered.

I couldn't help myself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:29:10 pm by sir diesalot »
NOT THE BEES!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:56 am »

You stab The Dragon in the upper body with your silver spear, tearing the muscle and tearing the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the strike!

Then I got lost in the dragonfire, staggered around a bit, and saw this:

Rab Sarveshzes Nelasimar Kovest, Dragon has bled to death.

One hit kill!

Kodama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 18, 2010, 02:31:39 am »

Death.

My spearman was offered a quest to slay a dragon that's been terrorizing the town. They said he can be found inside a cave that's located on top of a mountain.

I found the enterace, along with plenty of discarded items (such as rings, bracelets, etc). As I was made my way through the cave, I ran into a mob of troglodytes and groundhogs that were attacking each other. Blood and body parts were everywhere.  :o

A couple floors lower I reached a path that was blocked by a tree (I think). I moved over to it and set it on fire - where that caused a lot of smoke so I couldn't see. And moments later I somehow started to melt. I'm not sure if that's because of the fire I started, or because I stepped in lava.. I did get pretty deep!

Awesome  :D

This was probably within 45 minutes of creating my character, too. He didn't have any special feats other than killing a monster inside the same cave.. not sure what it was, but it did leave a body of ash (or something along that nature).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:39:55 am by Kodama »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 18, 2010, 02:34:26 am »

So i just met the prince of my civilization while wandering around outside, just barely after starting out. Truly a grand coincidence. Wonder why he's out in the smallest town when the capital is miles south of here across the mountains... Apparently all of his siblings have been captured and/or killed because they're all referred to in the past tense.
I also found the general and his 9-year-old youngest daughter (he apparently has 4, all but this one were kidnapped and married off after turning 13.) in the same town. I wouldn't consider it a grand idea for so many important people to be wandering around in the smallest outpost. I guess it gets them away from the orcs, but now everyone's being kidnapped by the tigermen.

Immediately after posting that I went back and found out why the prince is in such a precarious position;
Turns out, he's crazy. Everyone else is probably there to keep an eye on him.
Worthy of a bug report? am I crazy?(relatively speaking...)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:23:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:38 am »

Every time I go to the temple, the frocks tell me to contemplate ud Everflew the Decisive Gutter. Is it coincidence that was the name of the first hydra I killed? Anyway, I've eaten four of his brains so far, and haven't achieved enlightenment.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:14 am »

Maybe he just got annoyed with you saying the same thing to him.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 18, 2010, 07:39:31 am »

Immediately after posting that I went back and found out why the prince is in such a precarious position;
As soon as he decided to become a farmer, orcs burned down all the crops...and he has yet to finalize the job replacement papers after finding out that the recruitment office was burned down as well. He's still in shock and/or denial.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 18, 2010, 03:24:25 pm »

not sure why the image won't show up, sorry

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/theprinceisinsane.png/
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 18, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »

Three warlords have asked me to kill the same gecko devil. It turns out he's serving as law-giver in the faction that rules all of known civilization, including the subfactions these warlords lead. He's been there since year 10 of the Age of Myths, when he fooled them into believing he was the manifestation of some war and death god that I can never find a church for, because he never had any worshippers.

I'm not ready to piss off every possible merchant, not to mention the bastards who gave me the quest, so I've gone into retirement and sent suicide assassins after this devil. All of my assassins were taken out by bolts and arrows from behind, so he doesn't even have the kill count for them. He's survived 5 of them now, but has had so many limbs hacked off he can barely make the hobble to the feasthall every morning, and topples to the ground at random.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 18, 2010, 06:50:21 pm »

All of my assassins were taken out by bolts and arrows from behind, so he doesn't even have the kill count for them. He's survived 5 of them now, but has had so many limbs hacked off he can barely make the hobble to the feasthall every morning, and topples to the ground at random.
Send more...preferably while on fire and on close proximity...while he's asleep/unconcious.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 18, 2010, 07:49:33 pm »

Aren't devils immune to fire? I finally smote him with a Hammerdwarf, but for future reference, how would I sic flaming ninjas on people?

When I came back to town, it was overrun with monkeys and elephants, and everyone was in a panic. The hiring warlords went back to sit on their complacent asses and didn't give me any more jobs, I thought I'd sign on with the dwarven queen's plan, which was to slaughter everyone in the town anyway, and eventually (hopefully) the rest of the Contained Union. I just like the satisfaction of completing all my contracts, first.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 18, 2010, 08:35:11 pm »

I was playing as a giant slaying hammerman with another giant slaying hammerman.A mole got a lucky shot and severed a motor nerve when I was killing a giant,making me fall to the ground,the other hammerman killed it.Not being able to walk made me decide to go to a volcano,kill the hammerman that was following me,pick up his corpse and jump in the volcano.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:52 pm »

Aren't devils immune to fire? I finally smote him with a Hammerdwarf, but for future reference, how would I sic flaming ninjas on people?

When I came back to town, it was overrun with monkeys and elephants, and everyone was in a panic. The hiring warlords went back to sit on their complacent asses and didn't give me any more jobs, I thought I'd sign on with the dwarven queen's plan, which was to slaughter everyone in the town anyway, and eventually (hopefully) the rest of the Contained Union. I just like the satisfaction of completing all my contracts, first.
Oh, the dwarves are at war with them? Ought to get some interesting "jobs" then...

Steps for creating your own flaming ninja assassins:
1. Wear a lot of leather and flammable stuff/drinks/booze
2. Burn some grass and trees (preferably close to target/their house)
3. Dance and frolic around them until your burning well enough
4. Grapple and throw burning clothing/stuff on the tile their standing on
5. Repeat until either or both of you are crispy

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2010, 01:33:44 pm »

If I'm going to get involved in politics, I'd like to know how to be sure my side wins. The Union controls everything, meanwhile I came from a backwater on the assend of nowhere, built three mudhole villages in the first 200 years and still don't have a capital city. How do I get them to develop some balls enough to grow?

I could just wipe this Union completely out, but where's the fun in that? I'll just wind up like that lone general sitting in the middle of a desolate ghost town, the one who was crazy enough to attack me.

EDIT: I just looked into the Legends of that town, and it's frigging crazy. It survived 600 years of rampages by almost every megabeast around, then another 500 years of war with the elves next door. The last humans were wiped out by an elvish couple and devoured them.  Devoured! I didn't know elves could do that!  Then this nobody got appointed the general of a faction that never did anything, claimed to have 'founded' the town, and must've wandered around muttering to himself because the place was still rubble when I came to town.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:58:48 pm by Dok Enkephalin »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 1104