Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100023 times)

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2010, 07:14:50 am »

Just started my first adventure last night. Decided to start by sneaking around throwing rocks at groundhogs until night, and then steal some armour and weaponry, before moving on to the sleeping population, breaking various body parts before cutting them up sufficiently to be close to death without actually dying, hoping to attract anyone not currently sleeping. About 30 people dead, and some nicely levelled up skills.

Not sure if my actions will be spread by horrified traders onto other human settlements nearby.

Also I nearly died trying to wrestle a horse. Apparently superhuman strength and grand-master wrestling still isn't quite enough for that.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2010, 04:58:13 pm »

Well, I just crossed an ocean in one night, came to a oceanic glacier, only to have all limbs broken and my spinal cord severed by a 1 z-level drop.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2010, 07:25:17 pm »

Well, I just crossed an ocean in one night, came to a oceanic glacier, only to have all limbs broken and my spinal cord severed by a 1 z-level drop.
so basically, you have a vegitable on a glacier?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:18 pm »

I just broke multiple bones in a bears body, bruised his guts, and left him stunned.
I then set fires off around it, so it would burn to death.
Blood loss got him before the fires did.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2010, 08:18:07 pm »

Actually, that was probably blood loss due to the fires.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 11, 2010, 08:14:52 am »

OMGOMGOMG

Antlion Larva Monster

Antlion

I love Toady
I find it weird that random monsters I mod into the game which I think have nothing related to DF suddenly appear as random monsters.... It's a conspiracy! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #426 on: August 11, 2010, 09:20:17 am »

Right after getting my steel shortsword from my old fort i dodged wolf into water. I was able to cut its head off and it fell to the water with me, that'll teach it!

How do I climb up without ramps?  "<" doesn't work. I was once placed into hole in the ground with no ramps when i was ambushed by wolves and died to that hole. It was fun.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 11, 2010, 09:23:33 am »

You have to be able to swim, first, in order to get out of a waterpit. The command is accomplished by pressing ALT and a movement key.

It's currently impossible to get out of a dry pit.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 11, 2010, 10:38:40 am »

If I have a mining pick, I should be able to mine my way out. It's what dwarves do!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #429 on: August 11, 2010, 10:41:42 am »

You have to be able to swim, first, in order to get out of a waterpit. The command is accomplished by pressing ALT and a movement key.

It's currently impossible to get out of a dry pit.
unless you (T)ravel out.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »

Oh yeah, there's that. But commonly the only reason someone ends up in a dry pit is because of an unfortunate ambush spawn or dodging into said pit, so you have to kill, disable, or break all hostiles before doing so.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2010, 10:16:24 am »

well went made a new adventurer (rolled female)and try to build a relationship the old fashion way.
by hooking up with the companions.
so far I 'stole' some father of 2 and drag him on to a few slaying before I found a visiting party of underground bronze colossus. so I pluck a miner and went off.
soon I notice something about that bronze that wasn't like the ohters. he was a giant wuss, ran from every foe we had. when it came down to fight the hydra I was knock to the lower level and the Baby cryalot ditch south. lucky that when I walk back the hydra was killed and the once bowman became a master wrestler.

that wasn't the weird one. I decided to take a kill the demon in our town quest and instead of killing the demon I removed the player civ on it and poof him back to hell. well after a good walk or to I see three "-" on the travel map one are the bronze and I didn't know the other two so I checked.

found out it was the war lord who sent me the demon quest... some how she either got banished or decided to go to hell and kill the demon seeing I wasn't going to. after that nice chat I check back to the town and notice clothes thrown every where and the whole town answers to the demon who isn't there... this is where I retired at, hopefully so I can attempt the second try in parenting in fort mode.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2010, 03:56:58 pm »

I'm playing with a Zephyr adventurer at the moment: they're a ratman race that CivForge adds into the game. At the moment, I'm in the process of killing several giants one-by-one by slowly breaking their limbs with thrown objects, all while trying to avoid being cornered by one of the less-injured ones. It's... taking a while.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2010, 04:47:39 pm »

I just killed a dragon. And while carrying said dragon corpse I mysteriously started to melt.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »

I just killed a dragon. And while carrying said dragon corpse I mysteriously started to melt.

What a world, what a world!
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 1104