Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100536 times)

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »

Training my shield skill...
lol

Edit:

Later: Another Jaguar showed up.

I got my shield skill to legendary.

I strangled them all to death.

My wrestling skill is legendary too.

:3
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:11:01 pm by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2010, 04:48:16 pm »

I save a lizard demon from a human town who sent me to kill it.
I hope that myth about prisoners not leaving when you retire is true in 31.# because this is to awesome.
the beast name is Imust godummondul.

well I can check off recruit a demon to fight for you.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2010, 04:53:32 pm »

I just generated an evil world, (odd, considering it doesn't have any elves). Let's cleanse this shit.

EDIT:

SO MANY FUCKING BEAK DOGS AAAAAAAAAA

EDIT2:

ALMOST ALL OF THE SEMIMEGABEASTS ARE UNDEAD AAAAAAA
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:27:58 pm by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2010, 09:00:53 pm »

I save a lizard demon from a human town who sent me to kill it.
I hope that myth about prisoners not leaving when you retire is true in 31.# because this is to awesome.
the beast name is Imust godummondul.

well I can check off recruit a demon to fight for you.

It's false, my children I rescued abandoned me. Wish I could get a demon.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »

I just generated an evil world, (odd, considering it doesn't have any elves). Let's cleanse this shit.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Well, you're fucked. That's the only thing I have to say for your situation.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2010, 11:27:49 pm »

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Well, you're fucked. That's the only thing I have to say for your situation.

Actually, it turns out that Zombie semimegabeasts are great for grinding [NOSTUCKINS] weapons. Thank god this is 40d, otherwise, I'd be completely and utterly boned.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2010, 05:53:42 am »

well I completed one of those "going to get run out of town" kill orders by the king of the bronze colossus2 the person was a diplomat bronze colossus2 so I used my lizard demon magma summoning skills to melt the poor lobbyist and went back to the king.

he said I was a champion and told me to go kill some other local bronze.
I think he has a people that annoy him list he needs checking off.

still these quests reminds me of those dark brotherhood quests from oblivion... only you have to use the poison apple all the time or you get busted by every one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Terisuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2010, 07:29:06 am »

So, just concluded a fairly reasonable run of adventuring which consisted mostly of skipping between human towns and slaughtering everyone in the town.  Bored, I decided to just skip right to the largest human port town and take it out.  By this time, I had accrued a permanent disability list which included all of my guy's fingers and toes, his nose, his left ear and some sort of persistent low-level throat injury.  None of these seemed to particularly affect combat, so whatever. 

After doing the normal home invasion tour through the town, I hit up the temple, killed the priests, then hopped next door to clear the fortress.  Second level up, I run into a mole devil (with external ribs!) that had convinced humanity in a time before time that it was a manifestation of the deity Spothrib, and had compelled the civilization in question to elevate it to the position of master - with threats of violence.  Beware its poisonous gas!

However, the mole-devil sort of made killing normal humans seem boring.  Faced with the dreary prospect of even MORE slaughter, my brave adventurer snapped.  Stripping off his armor and clothing, he Butch-and-Sundanced right into a hail of crossbow fire.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2010, 02:18:52 pm »

I lost my second adventurer today, which is a bit of a shame. Especially due to how I died.

First I took a Human Axeman with me to kill a Hydra. I didn't think he would survive. I wanted to loot his corpse for his bronze gear, since all I had was my useless wooden gear. So I found the Hydra, and the Axeman charges it. And he begins to slaughter it. He just wails on the thing without it hitting him once. The closest it came to hurting him was when he dodged into a hole, but then he just started fighting as soon as the Hydra came down to him. Seeing as he actually had a chance of killing it, I began to attack the Hydra to. We both beta it until it collapses from exhaustion. It was taking forever to kill, so I went to sleep in the corner as I was exhausted. When I woke up, he had successfully taken out the Hydra.

Feeling cocky, I decided to try more beast slaying. I recruited a Pikeman and then went to kill a Cyclops. We found the Cyclops, and again beat it to a pulp without taking any damage. Now to my surprise a second Cyclops appeared. It apparently got a lucky hit on the Pikeman, grabing him by his leg. It then smashed him a few times until he passed out from pain. Luckily me and the Axeman manage to take it down before it kills him. But again, it was taking forever to actually finish of the Cyclops. So I went to sleep, since it worked in the Hydra cave.

I woke up to find the Pikeman crushed, the Axeman thrown across the room, and another Cyclops grabbing me by the leg. I wasn't able to break his grip, so he broke most of the bones in my body. Then I dropped my ashen short sword, and he picked it up. I have no idea why, perhaps to humiliate me by killing me with my own weapon. But a wooden sword doesn't do much, even to a crippled Elf. So I slowly begin to crawl out of the cave. The Cyclops chases me, but continues to use the ashen short sword. Due to my incredible lucky, he gave up and I was able to head back to town.

I came back later with two more soldiers to get revenge. We slayed the cyclops, and I looted my dead comrades for their gear. Once again feeling cocky, I decided to check out the underground caverns. In an anticlimactic end, I got lost and drowned in a pool of water.

:(
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2010, 03:04:17 pm »

Decided to go on a rampage (of course).
Got shot in the face, and of course it doesn't stop bleeding. So I take revenge and do this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shame it won't actually affect the town...
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2010, 07:12:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shame it won't actually affect the town...
And thus...the town waters tasted like a dwarf, leading to week long hangovers and several liver failures across town.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2010, 08:35:43 pm »

I've been going on quests. I was sent to a cave to kill an ettin. While searching for said ettin, I had to kill two other ettins with names and titles, until I found the little bugger and slaughtered him. Now I'm on a quest to kill a giantess. I'm in the cave and I've already killed one unrelated giant, and found another giant that is not the one I was sent to kill. Killing it anyway. I'm tearing them apart. They can barely touch me.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »

I played my first adventure game yesterday, doesn't work well with my computer. Anyways, I did the first quest I could get as a proficient (I think) Spearman. I had to kill some kind of (2 headed) Giant I think. Anyways, the fight goes like this: He charges me and grabs my right arm. I stab him for a couple of minutes. Finally, with everything on him red, he gets struck down. I come out of it a legendary wrestler and fighter, with no skills in fighter and only 1 or 2 in Wrestler. And the ONLY thing he did that fight was hold onto my arm. He was good at it though, even when that arm was red I couldn't break free. lol
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2010, 01:44:12 am »

Encountered a Giant Desert Scorpion. I was feeling good, so I fought it.

Back to the drawing board....
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2010, 08:36:10 am »

Today I had a lesson in transitive member/enemy status.

I created a human swordswoman, recruited two human macemen from the local town, and went on a grand adventure across the world.  We killed hundreds of wolves, bears, giant scorpions, lions, and other wildlife as we wandered across the world.  I stopped at a elvish civilization on the other side of the world, talked to their leader, and ended up killing a handful of megabeasts - assorted hydra, dragons, ettins, cyclops, and other tough yet killable megabeasts.  Eventually the Elves ran out of jobs for me.  I continued wandering across the world, eventually returning to my home civilization.  I killed a few more monsters for the local ruler, then retired my adventurer in her starting town.

I then created an axedwarf at a mountainhome nearby.  I traveled to the Elvish nation and went on a killing spree.  After killing a few hundred elves in several different cities, including the queen and head druid, I went wandering over to the human towns.  Initially the humans I spoke with were friendly to me.  I encountered one of the macemen who had accompanied my previous adventurer, and he was glad to tell me of all the creatures he'd killed.

Then I ran into my previous adventurer.  She immediately called me out, boasted of the monsters she'd killed, and told me to prepare to die.  I hadn't attacked her, but it seems that murdering all those elves she'd been on good terms with had made me her enemy.  I tried to run, which was when I discovered that every human in town was now hostile.  When the beloved hero of two civilizations calls you out as an enemy, everyone listened.  I didn't make it far before a hail of crossbow bolts crippled me, then my former adventurer caught up and killed my current adventurer easily.

Kind of a neat feature, I didn't know that the game carried over alliances between adventurers and civilizations this way.  Now I need to figure out if I can manipulate this to get two civilizations to be at war with each other.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1104