Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100562 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »

I was wandering around the Keep in a human capital city, looking for a King.  I didn't find him, but I did get an assignment from a Warlord.  He said I need to kill an eyeless fiend in another city.  Now, I know what happens when you attack monsters that live in cities, so I decided to go talk to this fiend and see what he thought of the situation.
My companion and I showed up at the other city.  Just as we were about to leave the tavern, the Eyeless Fiend walked in.  Much to my surprise, he was a prisoner in this city.  Since I'm so generous, and since I've always wanted a giant poisonous cat for a bodyguard, I let him join me.
Now, my plan was something like this:  I show up at the city, confront the warlord with the fiend, murder him together, and go on a little rampage through the city.  It didn't quite work out.  Once I found the warlord and attacked him, I expected him to quickly get covered in Eyeless Fiend spittle.  Instead, my followers just stood there and watched me fight off a dozen or so humans. 

Some fiend he is....
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2010, 08:48:14 pm »

A Demon prisoner? Whoa, We need to know more about it....The whole How and why it became a town pet, and maybe some screenies?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2010, 01:50:03 am »

Alright, I'll work on it tomorrow.   ;D
I didn't know it could happen, either.  So far, he's been pretty useless.

EDIT:  Here's a little history!
Os Vicemenace was an Eyeless Fiend.  He was the only one of his kind.  An enormous eyeless cat twisted into humanoid form.  It undulates rhythmically.  Its lime hair is long and shaggy.  Beware its deadly spittle!  Os was associated with suicide, murder, and death.
Highlights:
In 1, Os escaped from the underworld.
In 2, Os settled in Rainypoisons.
In 2, Os became the law-giver of The Vigorous Midnight.
In 226, Os was imprisoned by The Prime Councils.
In 226, Os settled in Mobword.

I looked up the Vigorous Midnight.  I didn't see anything about the imprisonment, but I found that it was constantly at war with The Nation of Humidity (which includes The Prime Councils).  Rainypoisons, along with several other major cities, was conquered in 226.  In 227, the cardinal demon Lolathe Sweatsucked became the new Law-giver.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:43:17 am by BodyGripper »

Azgog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2010, 01:02:45 pm »

Vicemenace
That's probably the greatest title ever. I just wonder who he's substituting for, that guy must be bad-ass.
"I REQUIRE LUMBER"
"We have plenty of lumber"
".... BUT I WANT THIS KIND!"
"What kind?"
"THE KIND WHERE YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2010, 07:35:18 pm »

I looked up the Vigorous Midnight.  I didn't see anything about the imprisonment, but I found that it was constantly at war with The Nation of Humidity (which includes The Prime Councils).  Rainypoisons, along with several other major cities, was conquered in 226.  In 227, the cardinal demon Lolathe Sweatsucked became the new Law-giver.
Another Demon imprisoned it? See, that's an interesting tale. Heh, and no wonder it won't help you...it was an Eyeless Fiend!

*hears sounds of battle*
"What's happening? Who's there? Will anyone tell me what the hell is going on?"

It undulates rhythmically.
Your demon pet also seems to like to move and dance to non-existent music.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

8)  He just killed three ettins.   :D
For some reason, he only fights wild beasts.  Then again, all my other followers (except fellow dwarves) tend to be the same way.

I don't think the other demon was involved in the imprisonment - I think he just took kinda swooped in and took over.  In fact, I'm not sure how, since the civilization he's the law-giver of has been defeated and conquered. 
At the moment, I am exploring Rainypoisons, with Vicemenace by my side, and being attacked by humans (they're only attacking me, not the demon).  I walked into a little house and found Lolathe Sweatsucked asleep in bed.  I talked to him, and he said I should find Lolathe Sweatsucked.... so I left, and I can't find him now. 

Edit:  At some point shortly after I talked to him, Lolathe Sweatsucked started slaughtering humans.  Unfortunately, I didn't live long enough to see his fate.  :(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:31:57 pm by BodyGripper »

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2010, 05:25:06 pm »

I was doing the usual cave-wandering, and fighting some pond-grabbers in water. But then this happens:
The copper short sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
The pond grabber pulls out and releases the copper short sword.
The pond grabber has bled to death.

And then my copper short sword is totally gone. No trace of it anywhere. Stupid bug…  >:(

I could now try to steal my cave swallowman companion's spear, or head back to the surface.

Edit: Wait a minute, I still have the sword, it's just not showing up in my inventory. It might've been nice to find that out before I stabbed my faithful cave swallowman friend with it.

Edit2: Oh well, at least I now have a totally sweet name: "Nish Frenzyearthen the Wail of Ringing"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:32:26 pm by Hummingbird »
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2010, 05:29:51 pm »

I was doing the usual cave-wandering, and fighting some pond-grabbers in water. But then this happens:
The copper short sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
The pond grabber pulls out and releases the copper short sword.
The pond grabber has bled to death.

And then my copper short sword is totally gone. No trace of it anywhere. Stupid bug…  >:(

I could now try to steal my cave swallowman companion's spear, or head back to the surface.
1. Grab him by the throat
2. Apply choke hold.
3. Strangle.
4. Repeat step three as needed.
5. ???
6. Profit!

He'll pass out almost immediately after you have the choke hold on him.
Assuming you have a higher strength and size to a swallowman...
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »

Was given a quest to kill a bronze colossus.
I though "hell, I'm a hella-good axeman and have a couple good buddies with me, one being a Olm Woman master spearman, Rhea, and the other an Olm Man Elite Wrestler, Tom.
Things were going well, until Rhea died. I've only managed to do a couple red level wounds, and nothing less than red, t it's leg and lower body. The wrestler is unconscious now, being strangled by the colossus. I just can't get it off him. Makes me wish I'd multi-classed for hammering/misc. object using, I can't think of anything else to do but pray for bisection. I feel so helpless.. so worthless...

Be lucky if I don't get splattered against a palm in a few rounds when he suffocates and the colossus turns on me. Time to open up the literal facepalm thread.

He's dead now, thin I'll just run along and pray my agility is higher than the statue's.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:48:55 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2010, 09:50:35 pm »

Run.  Run as fast as you can and don't look back.

Unless of course you come across some fluffy wamblers.  They can bend physics when thrown and you might get a lucky headshot.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2010, 09:53:40 pm »

That would have been awesome, but instead I did a loopdy-loop, picked up Tom' and Rhea's corpses and Traveled back to the site I got them from to burn them over the rock nuts in the caves.

Time to recruit a couple more of them.

If fluffy wamblers are seriously some sort of super weapon, I'll remember that and collect some the next time I'm in a good-aligned forest (the other side of the known world.)

It's a humorous world really. I just set their fire and began the lie-down/stand-up routine to speed it up, when the alcohol I had confiscated from some giants earlier (strictly as evidence) exploded and is causing my fats to melt off. I really hope this doesn't escalate. There's a couple gibbons and a band of gorillas here, not even doing anything, it's like they're standing there laughing their furry little butts off. The melting has stopped now.
Still no idea why the monkeys aren't attacking me, I've only slaughtered dozens of them over the past month. The funeral is over, anyhow.
Maybe one of them was angry at me/an asshole and felt the need to torment me. That would be an awesome addition to the game actually.

Another note, to top off a massive rant about my hilarious adventure; why is the sun setting in the East? Is this intentional?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:18:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37:51 pm »

Fluffy wamblers exist outside of the fabric of dwarf fortress, stumble bumbling not only throughh the x,y, and z levels. but through the w and r levels as well. Their pudge represents only a tiny node of a beast of incalculable extra dimensional proportions that even the faintest scrutiny of their fluffy forms could send a dwarf spiraling into madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2010, 12:02:12 am »

I had suspected this when my cat bled to death one time near a group of fluffy wamblers, and nothing else.

Recently, I've run into a group of rutherers in the 2nd cavern level. They're happily ignoring me despite my rubbing up against them in what is usually a rather uncomfortable manner for the wildlife. Why isn't anything attacking? I could have walked past hundreds of creatures unnoticed and not received the proper experience from their horrible deaths! I'm a human, humans don't benefit from the animals-not-murdering-you effect elves have.
This does however explain why the caverns seem so empty, since I would be running on luck to bump into anything if they're not attacking me.

Conclusion: Animal AI is broken for some reason.

I guess it's beneficial since they are massive and pretty deadly, so attacking a pack of them at point-blank would be a very bad idea indeed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:04:56 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2010, 02:11:12 am »

LE SNIP

YOU ARE A DAMN STINKING ELF!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2010, 11:36:49 am »

I have not removed anything except the part about not getting messages of things walking into webs, which i did immediately after saying that.

In the meantime, I murdered 9 rutherers without any of them fighting back. Worst fight ever.

Also, just ran into a manera, stopped to murder it and realized I had the option to kill a pair of python demons, so I did.
It appears the teleport bug still exists in at least one form as I can reach into the depths of Armok's gut and slice up his breakfast. I killed both of them, no dodging or charging occurred so i dunno if i could have been teleported into hell. In the meantime the manera bled to death. So now I have two python demons and a manera on my list of things that are going to torture me in the afterlife, being 116 long.
Until a crundle stumble-bumbled up to me and i hacked it apart without realizing what was going on. I was freaking out, thought I had just witnessed a GCS eviscerate the thing in front of me sending limbs flying everywhere since it was walking through GCS webs. So that's 117, with the latest being unintentional.

After escaping the caverns (in an alternate reality of an alternate reality due to keeping multiple saves, one for each decision i make to go along one path or another) I have proceeded to bother the elves some more. An acolyte told me to murder the queen, so i set her and ~75% of the town's populace on fire one by one, including the acolyte who gave me nothing for killing the queen. I've carried this trend into the other towns, killing everyone. I've spoken to a few, while they burned, and have learned that many are relatives of people I've already torched. A little girl told me her cousin and older brother both burned to death in glitteredripe, along with some other elf's paternal grandfather. I almost felt bad for them, almost, but I realize that they're computer simulations that don't seem to be at all bothered by the fact they're burning to death. I can put together this woman's entire family tree back to the beginning of the world (it's only spring of 47), and half of them I've burned, without restraint even. Life must REALLY suck.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:26:32 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1104