Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100605 times)

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2010, 08:13:23 am »

Well, my most recent adventurer I'm getting bored with.  I can't find any monsters in the cave system (beyond the entrance ettins).  He's legendary in swords, shield and armor use, fighting, striking, throwing, archery, wrestling, and maybe some other stuff.  He's Adept at lashing things.  Basically, I can't find anything that can kill me.  I fought a dragon, stabbing him in the foot with my 2h exceptional bronze sword.  The dragon passed out from the pain...

I got legendary shield user by lying down in a pack of wolves....

I had one funny instance where I lodged an Elf Queen in an elf archer's gut wound.  Also, groundhogs don't last long when they're being pinched...

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:27 pm »

Mafol Hammerwaves has now effectively sent the elves into extinction. There are still a few around who were abducted by goblins, then escaped into the wilderness never to be heard from again, one of which has been gone for about 1050 years. I could probably search for about that long and never find them.

His last grand assault on elves was against the last goblin fortress of the west-most "goblin" civilisation. I say "goblin" because all it was was a firebreathing demon served by elves. The goblins in that civilisation all died at some point and their elven slaves carried on the good work until Mafol came along and engaged in a battle with the entire fortresses population rushing at him that went from sunset to shortly before sunrise. The demonic leader of these leves made an appearance not long before dawn. It announced it's presence with a traditional boast, and a not so traditional volley of fireballs that Mafol caught on his bronze shield. During the battle, Mafol was beset by elven reinforcements, who were swiftly put down with quick and brutal efficiency, but allowed the demon to unleash more fireballs at him. The demon backed Mafol up against the outer walls of the dark fortress and charged, only for Mafol to neatly sidestep him to watch the demon smack itself into the wall and knock itself over. Then Mafol acted, striking it's head from it's shoulders.

All that remained was a single elven child. A weak, scrawny little thing that was, to his dwarven eyes, exceptionally weak. Not weak was the little Elfs determination, surviving nine swings from his mighty axe before falling to the tenth. An achievement matched only by the colossal demon. Of all the opponents there that day, only this young elf did not deserve to be left for the crows. Mafol picked up his corpse, wrapped it, and placed it in his quantum backpack, alongside the only other to ever earn that honour, the other being an Elf Princess he enountered after killing nearly four hundred elves, who with the first blow had her right arm torn to shreds (Bones compound fractured, skin cut open, muscle cut open, ligaments mangled, etc) and was bowled over, next blow did the same to her left arm, third shot carved open her chest mangling a lung, and the fourth shattered her skull, the axe getting stuck in her head. And then she got back up and attacked Mafol before she was killed.

Since killing huge numbers of elves was my objective with the character, and I really hadn't expected to live long enough to run out of them, I had Mafol swim off across the ocean to an island to die gloriously in battle with whatever megabeast lived in the local cave. Such a battle it would be! Dwarf pitting himself against one of the worlds strongest beasts! It would be gloriou-... bugger. Mafol killed it in four swings (Stupid Hydras). Double bugger. Mafol had to swim back again.

After this he went south to human lands and got a quest to kill a Dragon. Another of the great flame breathing lizards! A great challenge! Mafol set off at once to the target cave, and after a bit of effort found his way inside. Encountering the Dragon in an enclosed space, Mafol charged it through it's flaming breath and killed it in a half dozen swings.

By this stage, Mafol was Legendary +9 axe dwarf, Legendary +30 shield user, Legendary +7 armour user, and Legendary +50 fighter. Getting there he has earned two broken nails, a cut ear, and a split lip. It becomes obvious that for Mafol, glorious death in battle is not going to come in single combat.

So Mafol attacked a human capital city. A glorious frantic battle it was, with exceptional bronze and steel bolts flying in volleys at Mafol while he dueled with as many as twenty soldiers and townsfolk at once. They came and they died on his Steel Battle Axe, and all too quickly Mafol found himself surrounded not by opponents, but cooling corpses. Going door to door seeking opponents, he found many, but they proved far too easy to dispatch alone. The cities General was the last man standing, facing mafol alone in the keep. The battle was short, brutal, and hideously one sided. Mafol severed his spine cleanly with his first swing, then killed him with the next.

Since attacking human towns isn't cutting it, any suggestions on encounters that I can have him killed in combat? He deserves a glorious death. Marching him into clown-world is a pretty time consuming task that I'm keeping as a last resort, since getting there is such an enormous pain.

Current kills: 1256 notable, 135 not.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Present skills:

Also, the Axe remains nameless.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »

Since attacking human towns isn't cutting it, any suggestions on encounters that I can have him killed in combat? He deserves a glorious death. Marching him into clown-world is a pretty time consuming task that I'm keeping as a last resort, since getting there is such an enormous pain.

Current kills: 1256 notable, 135 not.

Present skills:

Also, the Axe remains nameless.
Cool story, by the way how do you get to clown world? Open it up using a fortress?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »

You could probably retire Mafol, start a fortress in the tile next to the town where he retired, and dig down to the fun stuff there (shouldn't take too long to make a straight stairway down). Once it's released, reactivate Mafol and have him march down to it.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »

UPDATE: Dead. Cause of death-Full body necrosis. His equipment including the masterwork adamantine 2 handed sword have been scattered among the cave he died in.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2010, 05:12:45 pm »

made a tigerman civ and started a tigerwoman from their play now option. I then burned a human alive and stole his clothes (I created a new tigerman race so i don't have to worry about errors from using the creature version)
Almost bled to death.
Then i bought some weapons and was turned down trying to obtain a shield.
Just now, I rescued 7 children from the goblins and will begin using them as meat shields while slaying monsters.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2010, 07:21:04 pm »

A goblin dark fortress was apperantly attacked and  destroyed right before the end of worldgen.

My adventurer enters it, looks around for loot, finds nothing, and then wanders off to find some loot filled cave.  A while later I notice a migrant group on the map, a small one.  I enter the zone, and find nothing, and then ignore them.  A short time later I see that the ruined dark tower no longer has a ruin icon and now has a regular dark tower icon.

I am on my way to investigate and commit mass genocide now.  We get to see who wins. Big mean looking humanoid winged lizard in full high quality mithril plate and chain with a really big sword vs a small number of small green skinned twerps sewing home sweet home quilts in their new houses.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2010, 12:31:52 am »

You could probably retire Mafol, start a fortress in the tile next to the town where he retired, and dig down to the fun stuff there (shouldn't take too long to make a straight stairway down). Once it's released, reactivate Mafol and have him march down to it.
I'd probably start a fortress and go looking for the structure instead, digging downm to that,. and letting him go down that way. I've had some bugs with passability of stairs when going down the tubes after clown release. But that's a last resort only. I'll consider it when Mafol has five thousand kills :p

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2010, 02:50:41 am »

Eh, I murdered some glacier creatures (a yeti, a polar bear and about eight or so wolves). Got bored trying to kill a blizzard man who I couldn't kill, then went to a town and retired.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2010, 09:08:43 am »

I'm attempting to cross a large body of water to get to the island where I have some adamantine weapons, but the game keeps freezing.  I may have to give up on that.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:52 am »

meanwhile in my Bronze journey he lost the goblin archer to dodging into a muddy pool. After paying respects looting his stuff like he's William Overbeck,  I got his iconic copper crossbow and use it as a hammer. One long stupid trek to an abandon human town I stumble across a band of elves. we had a nice chat and decided to followed them to their destination. To see if I can get some quests from them and see if I can move up the royal ladder of power. What I got was something startling, my hydra killing goblin hammerer flip out and killed 3 elf children just no question no prepare to die just walk over and smash them. I try to talk to one but they where to busy sucking the dried hydra blood on the sliver hammer the childsmasher had. shock by this I ended up recruiting a jeweler dwarf who just happen to be in the area? still I don't know if this goblin hates kids for their innocence or if he was in war with elves? if they were in war he would have off the princess when we first met her or does the code allow children killing.

I should be more confuse by how no one seem worry about a goblin Killing kids in their area or to like rush over to stop him but if this keeps me from getting pelted with arrows and becoming an enemy of a elven civ find by me my fps is already going 15 no need to drop it to 0.

edit: I got some goblin version of HAT. after finding the princess I met earlier he walks right behind her to kill another kid. also I for got to say he does this willingly. oh my, I read users doing this but when a npc does it in cold blood it's almost scary/cool/disturbing/weird. I ask him his family and he said he got married in 1(year is 53)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:43:11 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2010, 01:39:06 pm »

Mafol Hammerwaves has made considerable progress on his genocidal rampage.

Another Dragon has fallen to his blade, along with three Hydras and a Bronze Colossus (I had to turn it to organic bronze to put it out of it's misery after Mafol cut off it's arms, knocked it off a cliff, cut off it's feet, and reduced it to a ruined pile of scrap metal. It left a really nice Tiger Man statue).

Mafol has also turned five more thriving Human cities into corpse strewn ghost towns.

Most notable engagement: During a battle inside a towns keep, facing a dozen townsfolk several soldiers and ten archers, Mafol calmly and methodically dealt with all the villagers and soldiers amid a hail of arrows and bolts, then after hacking down the final villager he decided to stand around dodging and blocking arrows until all the archers ran out of ammo and attacked him in melee, at which point he gave one a vicious gut wound and chased the newly christened "vomit man" around the town until it stopped being funny.

Kills: 1809

Skills:

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2010, 02:19:42 am »

Burning a named giant corpse to get its skull.After that im going to find an elven town and....MASSACRE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2010, 06:54:46 pm »

found out that I enter the age of the mountain titan and the bronze colossus after the killing of the hydra.
seeing how the bronze in question is mine I see no different features than the master-crafted clothes.
I check the legend and saw the reason dwarfs and humans are in elven retreats was from the uncapping of hell in the middle of their fort and humans being attack by semibeasts.

edit: I seem I was wrong about the baby killing going unnoticed because now after I return to the strange multi race civ i got jumped by elves. sadly I was armless so I can't count attack their hits but in a good news with being a member of a goblin and dwarven civ not to mention human one this cause every non elf to fight the elves leading to what one may call a  anti-elf war. which ended with 'ugly' the princess being slain by my elfbaby killer.
[re-retire my bronze in the very same place it got 'her' clothes from.]
[started up a dodgy axe-dwarf visit the sites from before]
 so far most of the survivors of the battle move to the ruins of an human town making it the second time I seen a human dwarf and elf live together... sadly the elves have been picking off the other 2 races in the town. who said your action doesn't effect the world... I would also take note that I still have not killed an elf through out the playthrough.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:15:21 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »

My heroic Dwarven adventurer, Thagtos Axesteel is locked in mortal combat against a Giant Desert Scorpion. Somehow, the Scorpion grabbed the axe with it's pincer, took it from my grasp, and fucking hacked me in the leg with it. I can't walk, and I'm not strong enough to get my axe back. Since the axe isn't even embedded in the scorpion, the scorpion is WIELDING it, I can't grab it and twist either. Who will come out on top in this battle? Only time will tell.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1104