Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100687 times)

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2010, 09:09:51 pm »

I can't get any beginner quests that don't involve "go kill a giant."
I'm a noob and can't kill a giant as a beginner.
This is problematic because I am an adventure mode noob and am not quite sure how to level up my skills/stats.

[edit] Just killed one, although he almost took my leg off in the process...

So long as you have a point or two in wrestling you should be fine, just drop whatever is in your right hand and grab it by the head before gouging its one eye out. That should solve the problem because cyclopses only have one eye, you see, and if you remove that eye they have no eyes, you see. This lets you fight a used-to-have-one-eye-cyclops and no eyed cyclopses can't see very well which means you can remove him from the state of 'alive'.

My epic story of my adventurerer dude is one filled with love, loss, tragidy, violence, long nights alone with other guys strength in the face of adversity and sadness.
This is the story of... Gulgad Strangertimes.
It was a long day for Gulgad, he had just brutally killed 3 elves, a druid and a random human spearmaster who refused to offer him a much needed quest. Gulgad Strangetimes was trecking the wilderness when he came across a DARK FORTRESS (Cue evil music), he quickly investigated to find it was inhabited by humans! Thinking that the humans must be possesed by giants he proceeded to cut and dice every single one of them. The Soldiers, the Women, the Children. He released them all from possesion. He quickly travelled to another DARK FORTRESS across the river when he found out that was inhabited by normal elves EVIL ZOMBIE NAZI ELVES! He bravely slew them all and only was hit by arrows a few times. He ripped them out LIKE A REAL MAN and travelled to a nearby elven city to let those pointy eared bastards know that their pointy eared bastard friends had been possesed and turned into NAZI'S. The elves got angry (Mostly due to the fact he *accidentally* killed the druid with a sword) and attacked, Gulgad slew them all and quickly fled to a nearby human town who, as he soon found out, wanted him dead for killing their spearmaster. He quickly killed most of them and fled only to get ambushed by A NAZI ZOMBIE SMOKEY THE BEAR FROM HELL! Gulgad Strangertimes was not to be dettered, he cut off the bastard paws of that damn fireproof bear and it started to run, Gulgad, slowed down by the plunders of the innocent, chased the bear only to be ambushed by AN EVIL SASQUATCH BIGFOOT WALMART EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH! The Sasquatch and the bear were quickly joined by OMEGA WOLVES and Gulgad couldn't handle it. He tried to run but had the bear latch onto his leg. The Sasquatch took advantage and grabbed him by the loincloth before throwing him into a tree, puncturing his lung and damaging his spleen. He got up and bravely charged the bear and killed it violently, but the damage was done, he was surrounded by an EVIL SASQUATCH BIGFOOT WALMART EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH and OMEGA WOLVES. He killed two of the OMEGA WOLVES but it wasn't  enough, the EVIL SASQUATCH BIGFOOT WALMART EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH grabbed his head and gouged out his left eye before an OMEGA WOLF tore off his leg. With a burst of stength he killed the other two OMEGA WOLVES and beat the EVIL SASQUATCH BIGFOOT WALMART EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH to death with the corpses of the OMEGA WOLVES. Gulgad, without his left eye and his right leg, crawled into a nearby cave for shelter. Too bad it was infested with giant cave spiders.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:04:10 am by Thedorfwhostoleyourcoffee »
Maybe a blunt question, but does she have any reason to not trust you?
Yes, I'm sort of a serial cheater.

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2010, 03:11:22 am »

Well, Rozmo, my little Hydra slayer, got lucky off of completely annihalating a Hydra after a few wildlife kills, and i kept one of it's fangs as a trophy, and i brung the body straight to the town that gave me the quest as proof. And i uh... tried to eat it, but it just kept making me lick it instead. In the end, he only played for an hour, and could own a hydra so easily! Man, Toady made adventurers so uber, nothing to beat em. Cept a dragon, and their overpowered fire.

And now i tried to take Rozmo, and jump into a volcano. I've yet to get to it, or find it.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2010, 07:31:00 am »

Now I must kill a giant cave spider and lick it's fangs to see if I am paralyzed, or whatever their bite does.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:30:26 pm by Melagius »

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:56 pm »

I've been sent by a demon to kill a bronze colossus  :D
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2010, 03:53:32 am »

Well, a new adventure, turned into an amazement.

3 times i reset to save to allow me to keep everything, and so far, i've died these ways, all in order from first to last:

Took 10 minutes to beat a Bronze Colossus, and he got in a lucky hit from my infinite dodging, and ultimately, it took him 7 unconciousnesses for him to finally bring me down. (just wow... they were right about them being invincible in V30.. i mean jeez, i couldn't damage him, and i probably couldn't even with a mace. Well, it looks like i'll just wait till Toady decided to lower on it all and balance em out. At least have a way to work your way to beat em, than be uber on any version and able to kill megabeasts at start)
Got encased in ice. (stupid me)
Lost to goblins that took over my previous fortress. (by god, he got lucky when he finally hit me with a mortal wound)

And so far, i've killed every goblin in my fortress, then took down the nearest goblin fortress, especially a demon as their leader.

Man, thats where it got amazing. The demon survived a major amount of wounds, and i fought past more than 40+ goblins through the tower to get to him, and it was a 15 minute long fight until he finally died. I took no damage, and i ended up with yet another win.

So theres 3 things to be proud about. I killed a dragon, annihalated an ettin (easy), and beat a demon, all with no scars or damage. Cept the... *cough* dragonfire that i survived somehow.

Kind of amazing if you ask me, i mean, all that, and nothing to show it for... not even a trophy. Last adventurer, i took out a hydra tooth. I wish i could butcher em to pieces, than i'd take a trophy.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »

This is the story of... Gulgad Strangertimes.

I love that name.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 02:09:21 am »

I started a Dwarven adventurer with one goal in mind. At the moment I've retired it to get a look at the legends.

In legends:
Mafol Niluker Ebalingish (Mafol Hammerwaves the Revered Bodice)

1025 notable kills. These consist of 1024 Elves, and a single Dragon.

I wiped out all the elven civilisations, and had to enter the goblin fortresses to kill the prisoners and converts to do it.

What irritates me is that all these kills save one were done with a Steel Battle Axe that he hasn't decided to name.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 02:33:57 am »

I started a Dwarven adventurer with one goal in mind. At the moment I've retired it to get a look at the legends.

In legends:
Mafol Niluker Ebalingish (Mafol Hammerwaves the Revered Bodice)

1025 notable kills. These consist of 1024 Elves, and a single Dragon.

I wiped out all the elven civilisations, and had to enter the goblin fortresses to kill the prisoners and converts to do it.

What irritates me is that all these kills save one were done with a Steel Battle Axe that he hasn't decided to name.
Nah, that's pretty badass. He's not pretentious and naming his weapon and shit.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 02:38:32 am »

no man, the battleaxe was named.
it was just called "steel battle axe"
No one ever knew it was nicknamed that, everyone thought he was just being weird
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:27 am »

i just found out that steam creatures can not handle a punch to the face.
the problem is that landing one is a pain.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 05:34:27 am »

people seem to have trouble killing dragons......i killed one without even taking a hit and im not legendary in anything.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 05:38:20 am »

same, twas epic...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 06:56:48 am »

no man, the battleaxe was named.
it was just called "steel battle axe"
No one ever knew it was nicknamed that, everyone thought he was just being weird
Actually, that kind of gives me an idea for a story. The axe has a name, it just won't tell my dwarf what it is because it believes him to be unworthy.

As for dragons, they are easy, yes. Just need to avoid the fire breath it uses first thing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:06 am »

some how my legendary fighting bronze can't grapple (red shoulder and red left elbow) and had his kill stolen watch two goblins with =silver= equipment (bow/arrows and a war hammer) take down an hydra. the bronze only weapon was blood from the creature cover in blood of the creature and tick brute extract from the creature's 3rd head and a loam.

the embarrassing thing is that this hydra was THE hydra of the land so people are going to talk about how 2 legendary goblins had kill the great beast of power and in the footnotes of the epic book would have they also brought a bronze colossus but it did dilly squat.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 1104