Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104456 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9990 on: December 31, 2015, 08:26:24 am »

so snake lady Thob Imagearches has made 2 friends in the fort, one who kinda didn't think of her as a friend and one that does.
she has a room all to her self and currently getting drunk on maize liquor.
I have 2 goals for thob if she completes it, one is get married, bonus objective of having some horrible half dwarf half snake offspring.
two if one doesn't work crop a separate save to see if ghost adventurers exist if you retire a fort if an adventurer isn't buried.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: December 31, 2015, 12:34:49 pm »

I can carry over 600T of coins and gear and still move at full speed.
I've secreted away an estimated 1,200,000☼ in various currencies all over the northern continent.
I have over a thousand kills.
I am legendary in three weapon skills.
I know a demon's true name.
I've slain three megabeasts.
I worship the god of murder.
I've destroyed five goblin-occupied fortresses.
There's a sword through my lung. It's from a vault.
I can dance and play the gudid like a master, despite being only dabbling.
I just killed six bogeymen with a wooden keyboard thing.

I think it's almost time to retire.

Also, after sword, mace, and misc. object, what weapon skill should I master next?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: December 31, 2015, 12:36:36 pm »

^Master your fists.

I worry that dance recruiting is actually a bug and will be toned down.

Normally you walk up to one of your former adventurers, with their hordes of dead beasts and slain armies, wide-eyed and eager to go beat stuff up you ask them to come adventure with you... pshaw they say.

You bust out some sweet dance moves with them though? They'll march across the world with you, punching the guts out of stuff.

King (Etar) Shatterfist the Peaceful Reign of Violence my dragon-boned bearded elf, and Queen (Odgas) Steeltalons the Black Wings of Violence my twinked-with-buff-items-from-Etar's-kills great horned owl woman are dancing and slaughtering their way across the world on their quest to learn all the dance moves worth learning.

Bonus: Etar is a legendary dance partner, and I get to tell stories about his deeds since I know him now.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: December 31, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »

Master your fists.
I already have been. I'm a Master Striker. And Legendary Wrestler, thanks to a luckless vampire I strangled for several hours. I quite enjoyed throwing goblins down the main shaft when I was liberating those fortresses.

How do you write down the secrets to life and death?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: December 31, 2015, 01:36:12 pm »

I haven't been able to do so myself, but one of my penultimate buff items makes me supernatural so I rarely become a necro anymore, might have to be one?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: December 31, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

Well, yeah, but I wanted to know what I should write to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

In other news, I am now legendary in striker, observer, and dodger. That makes 11 legendary skills. I might train up crutch walker and ambusher if I can get a long road and my grinding egg. It's a heavy magnetite egg that I put on a key to keep it pressed.

I only have 5 skills that aren't either dabbling or legendary.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:00:03 pm by TheFlame52 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9996 on: December 31, 2015, 02:31:31 pm »

I dunno if this is related to civ values or modding or whatever, but...has anyone had criminals actually get so bold as to stage an insurrection in a town and take it over for themselves?

I'm currently a black bear man trying to lead a counter-insurrection against the vrykul warlord in the town keep. I've never seen this happen before, literally when I looked at legends after retiring my treasure hunter adventurer I found out about the insurrection in town, when I went there as another adventurer I got slaughtered by the vrykul in the keep. The lady of the town herself had survived and is hiding in some shack with a few other people.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: December 31, 2015, 03:08:38 pm »

Crime bosses spend a lot of time in the keep, and people don't like it when you attack them to death. Makes me wonder about the criminal connections to the court. I'd like to find him outside of the keep, but tailing him would require more time than I want to spend on it. If the people of the city are comfortable with their organized crime as a political player, then I don't need to upset the applecart. If he wants to kick off an insurrection, I'll intervene as soon as someone aims a weapon at me, otherwise it's not my problem.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: December 31, 2015, 03:09:57 pm »

I dunno if this is related to civ values or modding or whatever, but...has anyone had criminals actually get so bold as to stage an insurrection in a town and take it over for themselves?

Yesterday I stumbled on a group of goblins attacking/occupying a city keep. There were at least ten total, at least three had already died before I got stuck in and offed seven more, but the noise and npc pathing suggested there were more offscreen that got themselves killed somehow.
The universally poor skill and lack of armor makes me think they were generic bandits, but the 100% troll fur clothing and the fact they were No Quarter with a dwarf from another continent makes me think they were from the dark pits across the river.

Overall it was entertaining, but I was left shaking my head as the only survivors were too messed up to explain what just happened. The were a human High Seasons who was unconscious, pale, and in otherwise poor health, who was watched over a hammerless elven hammerman who was too shaken up about all the death she had just seen to give any information. What happened to her hammer is a mystery unto itself.

At the end of it I have no idea if I thwarted an local insurrection or a mini-siege, I just know an acceptable number of goblins are dead. Good enough for me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:13:36 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: December 31, 2015, 03:21:37 pm »

When I was staying in one of the buildings with lords in them outside hamlets (I have no idea hwat they're called), I once had a raid of 20+ goblins attack, and i was pretty close to Dark Pits so it might've been them. Might also just have been bandits.
A child killed like 2 of them while I was biting 5 or so of the to death. So not that much of a challenge.
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: December 31, 2015, 03:47:42 pm »

Tomb raiding again. Found a lot of traps, but I didn't find the courtesy to tell my companion about them. How many hearthfolk can this little hamlet afford to lose? I wish they'd iive long enough to eat a curse like they're supposed to.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: December 31, 2015, 03:54:59 pm »

...not that much of a challenge.
It's the lack of armor in my experience. These days it's rare to see even professional soldiers wearing respectable kit. The best I see are elves with wooden mail shirts (I don't even wanna know) and the best that does for them is earn them an A for effort(and for axe). Bandits get a pass because in reality metal armor would be hard to acquire and make you easier to identify among civilians, but it wouldn't kill them to get some leather armor. Quite the opposite, actually.
Soldiers on the other hand are starting to annoy me. Cleaving through naked wrestlers while raiding dark towers gets real old real fast. Then you open a cell door to find a fully armed soldier from another civilization who is hostile and more of a challenge then his captors, and that's just insulting. I'm starting to miss the days when goblin soldiers wore three leather hoods under their copper helmets. And wore copper helmets instead of leather caps.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10002 on: December 31, 2015, 03:58:14 pm »

Hmm, it's weird because this wasn't a raid or anything; there were a bunch of vrykul in the town keep and they slaughtered literally everyone else there - being half the size of a giant and having natural weapon skills helps in that regard; think I'm going through my 10th adventurer now trying to get rid of them.

There aren't any dark pits around either...it's strange.
Another absolutely bizarre thing is that now I notice animal recruits popping up around town (and one horse maceman).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: December 31, 2015, 04:20:32 pm »

I like to climb the pillars in shrines and make the titans follow and then drop them.

Also, I've conquered a second shrine and taken a wavy twisting metal spear. I'm now training with it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: December 31, 2015, 04:34:10 pm »

I'll see ya in hell, Rummydearest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1104