Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105098 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9630 on: December 20, 2015, 05:41:37 pm »

Made Tony the Tigerman axeman, was just fast travelling to another town when I got the biggest anti-climax I ever had in DF.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: December 20, 2015, 05:48:17 pm »

Made Tony the Tigerman axeman, was just fast travelling to another town when I got the biggest anti-climax I ever had in DF.

You've never tried to fight a mi-go, I bet. I've had to buff them repeatedly to avoid them getting brained 100% of the time by the first strike aimed at the head.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: December 20, 2015, 06:29:53 pm »

Heading toward what I thought was the capital, but now it's the second place to go from metropolis to shambles when I got within 2 region tiles of it. In other news, I finally found a quire, and can now practice writing squirrel girl love letters. Not that she'll like them, regardless the quality demons just hate everything. I may as well lead with this salutation, "Say, bitch!"

EDIT: I thought a vampire henchman companion would survive longer, but I ran into more than he was ready for. I mistakenly believed he was dwarven, so not only did I pass up great armor that would've protected him, I traded my small liquid darkness clothes for his clothes, not thinking for a second "His clothes aren't small." I gave him a masterwork iron longsword and exceptional iron shield, though.

I ran into another huge platoon of 'raiders'. Even if I went for a tree, I didn't expect the vampire to, so I had to face them. I managed 21 kills, my companion only got credit for causing the collision death of their leader, who I had jumped into. After the rest had fled too far to kill any more of them, I fast traveled back in to find them in formation again, 23 of them. I told them my story and recruited 14 of them as hearthpeople before they told me there wasn't room for any more.

Then I ran into another huge platoon while crossing the wild, all of them surrounding me again, but this time I was drowsy. I waited for them to approach, but instead of closing in, they kept marching the same direction they had been going. Apparently they really were on a mission, from some ringleader, probably to go harass another village.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:35:26 pm by Uzu Bash »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: December 21, 2015, 01:04:13 am »

so playing a human outsider for the first time, I walk into a bar told a story and notice the axe brown recluse spiderwoman just sprayed everyone with lignite webbing(left over mod attempt to get a spider spray).
now I'm wondering ... where can I find a match to light the bar up.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: December 21, 2015, 02:31:31 am »

So after not touching Dorf !!Fun!!tress for about a year or more, I remembered it existed and went to download the newest version.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: December 21, 2015, 03:07:21 am »

I recall starting a thread quite some time ago that demonstrated that yes, whips suck against zombies. Best to use...I think it was the flail and mace, turned out to be the best overall. Mauls were a sorta close second, being highly unpredictable as to whether they'll one-shot a zed or take a dozen hits.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: December 21, 2015, 04:23:06 am »

so just finished modding the game to include outsiders,
then I found where the elementalman of fire and magma are and gave them magma/fire webbing.
so this going to be FUN.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: December 21, 2015, 10:05:57 am »

Finally found a library. There weren't as many bodies around the city when I first arrived, and the great majority of those were beast folk. Bodies did start piling up afterward. Academia is deadly serious business in this city. When I finish a performance and see everyone bolt for the door, I know there'll be more bodies in the street. The Pythagorean gang rides again!

Lots of books. I haven't found one about the Dewey Decimal System yet. Most of it is written for scientific/medical/engineering disciplines; interesting, but I'm looking for one with new dance forms. I still only have one.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:28 am »

Never found a book with dance forms in it besides one I wrote, they're pretty rare. I did find a poetry one once.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: December 21, 2015, 11:10:36 am »

I did find one on a musical form, but I didn't learn from it. Might be a clue that it's learnable around town, at least if the author wrote it there.

All of my writing is forceful and compassionate. Squirrel girl should hate that. Prose ranges from passable to splendid. Being "Focused!" always gets better results.

EDIT: Just wrote a masterful play right after a passable biography of someone I don't even know.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:14:41 am by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: December 21, 2015, 11:15:20 am »

The framework in place makes me think that you could at some point end up able to choose which historical figures/groups/events a story is written about... so you could make your own group of dancerthugs, go up to someone, and tell them a story about a group known as [YOUR_GROUP] and how in [THIS_SITE] on [THIS_DATE] they decided they were going to take [SOMETHING] from [HISTFIG_LISTENER]... *pause* ..."YOU MUST YIELD!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: December 21, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »

A biography should be about someone I can at least tell stories about verbally. I did this book and still know nothing about the person (unless I check Legends.)  There are plenty of characters I tell stories of that are worthy of writing down. Like my companion who slayed the first dragon I faced.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: December 21, 2015, 01:07:22 pm »

so made a dragon, retired it at a site, kinda hope it's megabeast instincts leads it to lay ruin to the area as I try to build a good spider shop/inn/tavern this time I made sure to make tools for the spiders to use called a Spide and Spidex.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: December 21, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »

Well, I became a fey elf I modded in, fumbled with a few crash-inducing attempts to make an interaction that would KO a target on command (because herpderp I'm too small to even choke out a child), then raised a few villagers as revenants.

At which point I discovered that zombies, even without having CAN_SPEAK removed, are unable to accept delicious mugs.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1104