Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105434 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9450 on: December 15, 2015, 05:13:56 pm »

"You make a dog skull helm."

I've made a small breakthrough. It seems if I definite separate material and template templates for skulls, I can at least get a reaction that uses skulls to make skull items, and not "fatty" items like it normally would.

The issue is I can't get it to not forget the reaction_class. Even using Max's method to inject the reaction_class in a creature definition, it refuses to acknowledge the skull even HAS any reaction classes associated with it. So at this point the only way I can use it is if I add a reaction that allows body components but ignores reaction class.

The alternative of course is to just remove [TOTEMABLE] from the body part entry for skulls. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: December 15, 2015, 05:20:23 pm »

That one is outdated, sorry, gotta update it but I've been making all the new shit work.

https://github.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/tree/master/WanderLust-42.xx

Once I get all into it and see about removing the cleaned bones (have you tested that? do reactions use two or three bones from a stack properly yet? I keep forgetting) I'll look at the totemable stuff too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:25:09 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: December 15, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »

Ah. I'll look into how that version works. As for normal bones...last I checked, the stack bug with raw bones still persists. I've still yet to test if stacks act odd with tools.

EDIT: Results of mucking about will go here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:15:28 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: December 15, 2015, 06:10:48 pm »

Well thanks for the science, I'll see if there was a tag added to make it do that or something, and I guess we can update toady that it still happens.

Still, this works well:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_BONE_HELM_ADV]
[NAME:carve skull helm]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:carver:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:skull:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKULL]
[REAGENT:cleaned bones:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BONE_CLEAN:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:skull:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]
But you gotta use the cleaned bone items, which I guess are still a clever workaround.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: December 15, 2015, 06:15:42 pm »

Yeah. You can use multiple "cleaned bone" pseudotools to work around it, but there are MULTIPLE caveats.

EDIT: Was gonna slap this in via a post edit, but it took me so long to commit science and type that you'd replied. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: December 15, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

I just use them for "filler" material basically, one bone from a stack, and varied number of tools.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: December 15, 2015, 07:22:47 pm »

Hmm. Could work, though it does have some oddities.

The other reason I go with the "eat entire stacks" thing is it remains consistent with how hide is used. Additionally, since thread/cloth/sheets are problematic to work with in adventure mode (namely, not playing well with product dimensions), this results in the "crude thread/cloth/sheet" workarounds that are again consistent with the "one corpse, one item" logic.

I'm still utterly stumped why the hell skull usage without removing [TOTEMABLE] works for you but not me. I can only assume that it's some oddball OS difference, but fucked if I know how that would affect it. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: December 15, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »

Eh, I play a high power level game, and they're all super durable, I want to get my moneys worth for each carcass.

I find going with 100:1 instead of 100:15000 or whatever works with the dimensions now.

I think it's because I just added skulls in completely, note that they only work for creatures which I add the specific reaction class, so I can make yeti skull stuff since they use semimegabeast template, but I can't make polar bear skull stuff because they don't.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: December 15, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

Ah, right. True, though for now I'm sticking with consistency. ;w;

And...hmm. I did test out adding a separate material and tissue template for skulls, and ensuring in the body detail plans that skulls used them in full. But the only issue is I can't get that "give specific reaction class to a creature" thing to work.

However, providing the framework via skull templates, then removing that [TOTEMABLE] token, allows basically anything with a skull to drop a usable one on butchery. The catch is I need to provide an alternative way for totems to show up in worldgen, and be craftable in fortress mode.

And...hmm. Any luck getting thread/cloth to work sanely, though? Usually if I tell it to use exactly the amount of cloth that a unit of cloth should have, it'll be all "hey I need more cloth anyway" and not work right. -w-
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: December 15, 2015, 09:41:01 pm »

Oh yeah, they do that still. I just have to have one extra item and then it works but doesn't use the extra.

So I had to make two characters just to steal dance moves and write them down, dropping them off under a keep, but doing so let me make the only elf on this world a dancing outsider.

I then tried to boozebomb this dorf dancer but despite her chugging 20 something units of booze she's just "feeling great" and not barfing or anything.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: December 15, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »

Boo. ;w;

Totally should test dosing them with mugs of shoggoth slime. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: December 15, 2015, 10:03:26 pm »

She did wait a bit between each drink, but she chugged em happily.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:36 pm »

Huehuehue.

And...fuck. My workaround for fixing skulls leads to small creatures not dropping any. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: December 16, 2015, 09:36:58 am »

Gathered companions for a few days of were-hunting. One companion disappeared when I dropped in on a street with 2 werehyenas, a cowardly vampire, and wandering mercenaries who hadn't harassed me up to that point, but took the opportunity to attack. I thought I saw him run off toward the vampire. The other two got gnawed up pretty good over the remainder of the full moon, and I expected either of them to turn each time I took a 3-hour nap to ease the drowsiness.

Afterwards, we went to a tavern to relax, make merry, and tell tales of our exploits. While telling my companions stories, I saw that the missing one had been bitten and received a curse from one of the weres I had killed. That turned out to be my best story for the night, the one that paid the bill. He's still out there, so I may see him a later moon.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:14 am »

So, it took two other characters, a human and a dorf, both made to trek to the library and write down their dance moves, but I have an outsider elf--the only elf in the entire world--who has a wide range of sweet dance moves and musical styles and a few poems known as well.

So I danced some, then headed off to see about this Roc and Hydra and whatnot people kept talking about.

I was gonna make the loop of getting all buffed up and dancing, beat up some bandits, come home all tarted up in a dragonscale bodice, short hydra scale skirt, and a giant hide thong (yes I added bodices in just for this purpose) but plans have a way of changing on you. I mean, I'm dressed like a ho still, but I got sidetracked before finding a dragon and a giant/cyclops/ettin.

See, it started out when I noticed I had eaten whichever one of the balms makes me not_living so I could just chat with the necromancers.

Got them to dance with me, and even join my Necrodance troupe!

Brought them back with slabs and a bunch of books to the library, and then I wanted to see if the vampire who ambushed me early on (and who donated some blood for science) would enable me to make silly use of the "people drink what you give them" mechanic.

I figured I'd have to water down the blood with booze, and it looked like that was indeed the case here:

Then we started dancing and the other mugs I passed out showed up in the chat log so I scrolled up to check on them, and what do I find?

THEY STRAIGHT UP FUCKING DRANK THE BLOOD!
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1104