Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095451 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9390 on: December 14, 2015, 02:30:42 pm »

I've went to two different temples already and toppled random statues in them. I never get cursed. How do I find a good, curse-worthy statue?

One of my recent adventurers toppled statues in one temple and escaped cursing, but got cursed in the other temple in the same town. I can't recall if anyone was in the first temple, so its possible that defunct temples aren't able to deliver curses.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: December 14, 2015, 02:40:30 pm »

So rolled a dwarf with one of those forts that doesn't have a fortress entrance and now stuck wandering a tunnel with no fast travel.
all the walking has led to me realizing I should have modded in crafting Minecarts so I can skate around in the tunnels.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:13 pm »

Rolled up an orc hero, started in a human town. I worship a human god of nightmares, so that's cool.

I went down into the dungeon under the keep of the town. Immediately found an orc "boss" running around. He was nonhostile to me but immediately spat at me when I tried talking to him. So I went and toppled a big heavy statue, snuck up to him, and beat him with it until his neck was collapsed into an unrecognizeable mass and paralyzed him, then beat him with the statue until I crushed his upper body and killed him.

Feel like a bit of a jerk after crushing that guy's chest cavity with a statue. Also, a statue is not nearly as good of a weapon as I though it would be. It's really heavy but I guess it has low contact area. Currently wandering around town looking for a shop to sell the (now bloody) statue at.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: December 14, 2015, 03:53:32 pm »

I just lashed off the head of the bronze colossus and I'm using it as a weapon. I also brought along its remains.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: December 14, 2015, 03:56:20 pm »

I just lashed off the head of the bronze colossus and I'm using it as a weapon. I also brought along its remains.

I kept hoping I could manage to lop off a bronze colossus head back in my last Monster Island adventure. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: December 14, 2015, 04:17:21 pm »

Took my orc to the town's local tavern and tried to drink myself to death. Got to ~10 mugs of river spirits before giving up and retiring him instead. It seems all excessive drinking does is make you puke, which I presume empties you of any excess alcohol before you poison yourself.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: December 14, 2015, 04:31:32 pm »

Yeah, though I've yet to test whether waiting an hour (which resets the fullness counter) resets the drunkness effect. >w<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: December 14, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

Trying out new version. Rolled up a hyena man poet/wrestler demigod.

Spawn in nice human hamlet. The first person I speak to has an odd career: "Sacred lobster". Others in the building are more or less as weird. There is a lord, who won't consider me for a personal poet until i really wow him, I spend a day writing various poems and performing them. The sacred lobster seems to like it, but the lord is intractable.

He also won't let me sleep inside, pointing out the tavern outside the gate. I go to the tavern, but on the way see a goblin master. A tad surprised at a second leader in the same area I start conversation.

He spits at me.

He says he hates me, because he hears that I am a good poet.

I am vaguely flattered, so I try to perform a dance. He corners me and won't let me dance.

I sneak after him.

He descends into a catacomb. I follow. The new sneaking interface gives me a scare as I almost violently assault a wondering kitten because it spots me.

I find the goblin again after the kitten incident, but he is injured. i greet him, when a huge dwarf woman with a two-handed sword cuts off his legs. She chats with me briefly and leaves. I loot all his crap (which includes a masterwork halberg, so I am officially a gnoll from Baldur's gate now) and a lot of stuff in bags and chests in the tomb and return to the surface to try to get something to drink and eat.

I somehow steal an entire barrel worth of beer carrying it away in my hands. I find a cave inhabited by two naked humans, they are just called "human". I assume them to werebeasts and break the wrist of one. The other knocks he out with a haymaker to the head and I wake up an hours later with a bleeding cut on my head but alive. I guess they are nice werebeasts. I can always check back later to see if the wrist regenerated.

I meet two hostile goblins while hunting outside the city, break the spearmans wrist with a hold and panic the crossbowgoblin into running away.  I choreograph a dance to celebrate. I fast travel and end up spawning up a tall tree and have to climb down.

This is the best version of adventurer mode yet, adventure mode is sooo deep now!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:51:16 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: December 14, 2015, 04:47:28 pm »

Started a dwarf peasant with skills in reading, writing, and high creativity but low strength and agility. Basically a scholarly bookworm peasant. I intended to travel from the hillocks I started in to a dwarf fortress with a library where I could live a peaceful and scholarly life. Found that the closest fortress, right next to the hamlet, had no clear aboveground entrance, requiring me to take a longer and circuitous journey along the mountain's edge to the next closest dwarf fortress.

Along the way I found a lair, and snuck in and stole a silver coin from the goblin peasant in there.

While passing close to a goblin dark pits I got ambushed. I try to climb a tree to get away. I climb too slowly and take a bolt from a goblin crossbow through my chest, piercing my right lung. A goblin pikeman catches up and stabs me from underneath, injuring my legs and causing me to pass out from pain and fall from the tree. A goblin axeman then decapitated me.

Well that was a brief adventure. Such is the life of a peasant.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: December 14, 2015, 05:22:06 pm »

I really should make a full-on elfy, nerfy bard character. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: December 14, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »

Made a dwarf maceman, Solon Dreammountain, wandered through the starting fortress, watched a couple fights break out -a goblin got strangled to death by the human baron in one fight - bought some iron armor at the trad depot. I'm looking through the library and tavern, getting ready to leave for an adventure, when I notice something.

I am the chief medical dwarf of the fortress. Whaaaaaaaaaat. I don't know when that happened.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9401 on: December 14, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »

Trying out new version. Rolled up a hyena man poet/wrestler demigod.

Spawn in nice human hamlet. The first person I speak to has an odd career: "Sacred lobster". Others in the building are more or less as weird. There is a lord, who won't consider me for a personal poet until i really wow him, I spend a day writing various poems and performing them. The sacred lobster seems to like it, but the lord is intractable.

He also won't let me sleep inside, pointing out the tavern outside the gate. I go to the tavern, but on the way see a goblin master. A tad surprised at a second leader in the same area I start conversation.

He spits at me.

He says he hates me, because he hears that I am a good poet.

I am vaguely flattered, so I try to perform a dance. He corners me and won't let me dance.

I sneak after him.

He descends into a catacomb. I follow. The new sneaking interface gives me a scare as I almost violently assault a wondering kitten because it spots me.

I find the goblin again after the kitten incident, but he is injured. i greet him, when a huge dwarf woman with a two-handed sword cuts off his legs. She chats with me briefly and leaves. I loot all his crap (which includes a masterwork halberg, so I am officially a gnoll from Baldur's gate now) and a lot of stuff in bags and chests in the tomb and return to the surface to try to get something to drink and eat.

I somehow steal an entire barrel worth of beer carrying it away in my hands. I find a cave inhabited by two naked humans, they are just called "human". I assume them to werebeasts and break the wrist of one. The other knocks he out with a haymaker to the head and I wake up an hours later with a bleeding cut on my head but alive. I guess they are nice werebeasts. I can always check back later to see if the wrist regenerated.

I meet two hostile goblins while hunting outside the city, break the spearmans wrist with a hold and panic the crossbowgoblin into running away.  I choreograph a dance to celebrate. I fast travel and end up spawning up a tall tree and have to climb down.

This is the best version of adventurer mode yet, adventure mode is sooo deep now!

If only some lpers would take it up.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:44 pm »

New world with same seed, but it turned out with some differences. Not all the islands are connected by land, and there's a north and south pole. Now I've a narrower zone of comfortable climate, and I'll have to cross glaciers to explore the whole thing. And I can't trust these rivers, so I've got to do all my swimming and bathing underground.

But like the last worlds, the vampires have taken over and the cities are in chaos. The first keep I walked into, there was already so much fighting and blood in the court I hardly knew where to jump it. Getting attacked at random clarified things, as did checking for sapient bone jewelry. When I first asked about the ruler it was some vampire serpent man who wasn't present, but after a couple courtly assassinations and fighting on the ramparts, it was someone completely different. In all this carnage finding his body is like a needle in a haystack, but his name isn't on any of my weapons, so I can't get credit for the kill.

I figured it would take at least a day for the new ruler to arrive, so it was pointless to try a coup. Instead I set about cleaning up the town and trying to find a library. I found plenty of taverns, and stopped to tell a story and have a drink at each one. In one, there was a lady telling a story when I entered, not bad. I shared a story that impressed her, but I couldn't find a tavern keeper to collect my drink. I started asking about herself, the area, the tavern itself, and the new ruler, and realized this was the lady; the new ruler of the city. And she wasn't just hanging out at the bar, she was the tavern keeper up until her appointment. Also, she was the rightful heir; her husband had been ruler until slain by the first in a long line of vampire usurpers.

After I clean out the last of the bloodsuckers, I think I can leave this city in good hands. Hope to find a library.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: December 14, 2015, 07:04:59 pm »

so got bored modded in minecarts took them for a spin in the dwarf tunnels, then found a mother of all hills to ramp off, only to gloriously splat on the stalactite  and watch my body drop from the ceiling.
other than that there was basically no escape.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: December 14, 2015, 07:11:48 pm »

Hey Rummydear, I one-upped your bogeyman dance party.

Find a friendly dragon lady in a dark fort and she's chill as fuck and when she lands I'm able to dance with her!

She's kind of a catty bitch though.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1104