Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095804 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9210 on: December 08, 2015, 07:00:55 pm »

Wait, people in adventure mode will bust out claims to nobility while you're adventuring with them?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: December 08, 2015, 07:29:26 pm »

Kinda surprised me, too.

I asked about ownership and leadership of the site, and the person seemed fairly disinterested in talking about it.  Didn't announce themself as a leader.

I formed a group, claimed the site, and invited them to join.. but they declined to be a hearthperson.  Probably because they were already a noble, maybe they would have if I had asked before they ascended...

Anyway, they didnt think much of my claim, still didnt offer any opinions on local politics.  Kept following me around in my adventuring party. 

She was a little slow due to the absence of one hand and one foot, but I was slow due to being a 1.5 metric ton seal with only flippers to locomote with, so it worked out.  Between the two of us, chasing gobbos was pretty hilarious.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9212 on: December 08, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »

Just imagine it's the same general shape but made wholly out of a metal.
Sort of like a miniature Kanabō then?  Except with blades instead of spikes?
If you have access to metallurgy, the weapons made in that formfactor are usually swords or maces.  But hey, its fantasy.  why not.
Its kind of difficult to fit that into the game, since currently you can't get stuff other than rock weapons made out of multiple materials. On the other hand that weapon is too amazingly brutal-looking and too fitting for DF that I'm willing to have this weird conundrum in terms of how it's actually supposed to be made.

Also it's not supposed to be miniature anything; I based it off of Kotal Kahn's own macuahuitl from Mortal Kombat X - so it's very large and meant to be used two-handed. I use it as a two-handed sword equivalent for less civilized races (kobolds, underground animal people and some of my own modded civs). I might post the raws later on when I'm done with making unique weapons for each modded race I currently have.

Wait, people in adventure mode will bust out claims to nobility while you're adventuring with them?
That happened in the previous version as well, though. One of my adventurers killed a mayor of a hillock and replaced them some time after that - all in the same session. Unfortunately he died later so I couldn't find out if he'd do something at a later point.

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: December 08, 2015, 08:15:48 pm »

Quite strange that in almost all my worlds, kobold camps are generated in frozen areas. I received a quest to kill some kobold-bastards that were annoying the people from a nearby human town, the camp was situated in a very frozen region in the southernmost place in the map. When I arrived with my buddies, the kobolds were running around, afraid of a bunch of Polar Bears. My army killed the kobolds but I was attacked by three Polar Bears. I made a decent damage in one of the Polar Bears but my right hand was seriously damaged and I lost the hability to hold my sword. The only thing I could do was run. I managed to escape with a big mortal wound in the upper body, but after a while running, I passed out from exhaustion and I bled to death, alone in the snow...

I certainly paid a high price for my sins...
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: December 08, 2015, 08:17:38 pm »

Hmmm, the instrument framework means technically the necessary parts to have a wooden weapon with obsidian blades embedded in it exists.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: December 08, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »

Hmmm, the instrument framework means technically the necessary parts to have a wooden weapon with obsidian blades embedded in it exists.

Oooh, shit. That might be interesting to see.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: December 08, 2015, 09:08:38 pm »

Though I think you would need it to be an obsidian maca with wooden decoration since it uses the edge properties of the main material right now.

This is why the dorf stringed instruments tend to be good weapons, copper or silver with cloth strings and bone hammers, but it just counts the copper when bashing.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: December 08, 2015, 09:15:32 pm »

So basically make the working section the main piece, and the handle an addition. Hmm.

Also...I need parchment. Fucking bronze colossi shrine spawned next to a maze, so I had to leave behind a treasure trove of usable corpses. ;w;

Additionally, shrines are now a massive gamble. Irt could be a titan, some mi-gos, or colossi.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: December 08, 2015, 10:04:58 pm »

I added dragons/hydras/steel colossi to shrines, dragons also take over hamlets/fortresses, colossi were but they kept getting killed instantly for some reason in world-gen.

Megabeasts in litttle hideyholes underground is not fitting.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: December 08, 2015, 10:07:53 pm »

Interesting. How'd you make dragons able to take over towns? owo

Also, dragons in caves makes sense, it's just that lairs are kinda tiny.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: December 08, 2015, 10:30:32 pm »

So, I recently met my end at the hands of a Cyclops. However, there's one thing that I find strange. I was using Sneak, which means the game was showing me their eyesight arc. However, before the Cyclops murdered me, I managed to hit it in the eye with my sword, getting "The severed part sails off in an arc". But the eyesight didn't disappear, the Cyclops could still see. That's when he killed me.

I did test with other creatures (regular animals) before, and removing their eyes did work. It only failed with the Cyclops.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: December 08, 2015, 10:33:52 pm »

Did it maybe say you hit something else, like the nose or ears? Attacks aimed at the face frequently hit other parts of it instead.

Especially since, as far as I've found, eyes shouldn't be getting lopped off. You can gouse and pinch them until they gib, but you can't yet rip eyes out, far as I can tell.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: December 08, 2015, 10:56:23 pm »

Did it maybe say you hit something else, like the nose or ears? Attacks aimed at the face frequently hit other parts of it instead.

Especially since, as far as I've found, eyes shouldn't be getting lopped off. You can gouse and pinch them until they gib, but you can't yet rip eyes out, far as I can tell.

Ah, I didn't think of that. I might have read the message wrong. I also thought it was weird that the part got lopped off, but didn't think much of it.

Megabeasts in litttle hideyholes underground is not fitting.
That is so true. I want epic battles with wide open spaces, not me and a bunch of party members crawling on top of each other while poking the beasts with assorted sticks.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: December 08, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »

After a goblin bandit leader caused crippling  nerve damage to both arms of my Wild Boar Man axe lord, he became quite the kickboxer.

Traveling the land like a floppy limp armed Van Damme, he eventually met his end at the hands of some giant one-eyed night trolls, or something.

He had taken on some solitary ones, and also some whic traveled with packs of lesser creatures.  Biteing out eyes usually made them combat ineffective, though I never checked the vision arcs.

This world was rotten with the things though, and eventually a pack of four of the monocular bastards brought down my boar man...

Should have tried for defiling a temple.. ah well.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: December 08, 2015, 11:53:10 pm »

Interesting. How'd you make dragons able to take over towns? owo

Also, dragons in caves makes sense, it's just that lairs are kinda tiny.
Give them [POWER] and [CAN_SPEAK] at a minimum, I gave them [CAN_LEARN] too so I gotta use the interaction to remove it.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1104