Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096425 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8955 on: November 17, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »

Perhaps it's a rock concert there?
One wheel short of a wagon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: November 18, 2015, 06:24:17 am »

There's supposed to be a cave somewhere behind those legions of amphibian men. I tried to move, but the game took forever to process that mass of a:s.

I modded an amphibian man civilization to the game. They build villages but also like to hang out in caves. Apparently a bit too much of the latter..

Hot damn, that map tile is entirely composed of amphibian.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: November 18, 2015, 10:26:08 am »

I think I had that happen with a random kobold camp once. The good news is it was during one of my "testing out playing a lesser dragon" games so it ended in plenty of fire and free snacks. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: November 18, 2015, 10:57:56 am »

I just started on a world where there seems to be a lot of war. Humans are confined to a small peninsula, and goblins are regularly invading their hamlets. They have already destroyed their only major city, and occupied it for some time.

Speaking of which though, do Goblins build towers and trenches in sites that they capture? Many invaded hamlets now have trenches all over their farmlands that I did not remember seeing before.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: November 18, 2015, 11:35:55 am »

The trenches are likely from goblins, yeah. Can't recall ever seeing towers in those conquered areas though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8960 on: November 18, 2015, 12:20:40 pm »

IIRC they do build towers in conquered cities. I recall seeing a few of them in goblin-occupied hamlets.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: November 18, 2015, 12:48:40 pm »

One of my more recent forts was a reclaim world-gen fort that had five of the little goblin minitowers around the fortbox on the surface.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: November 18, 2015, 02:03:37 pm »

Man, world-activation is even cooler than I thought it was when it comes to invading armies. I had no idea Goblins actually built these things.

This world is pretty sweet though. All the human settlements seem to be fighting amongst each other, so the Goblins are winning all their territory.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: November 19, 2015, 12:48:28 am »

Well, I just started a new adventurer. Moved about four tiles from where I spawned on top of the cave's dome. Caught in a burst of shale, probably a cave-in, instantly thrown into a pit and killed on impact with the floor. Probably one of my shortest adventures ever.

Cause of death: lower body impacting the ground and splitting into gore.

edit:
Tried another adventurer. Started in a hamlet this time, walked outside the building I started in. There are wild boars on the roof of a nearby building:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is going to be an interesting world...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:12:32 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8964 on: November 19, 2015, 05:43:02 am »

Caught in a burst of shale, probably a cave-in, instantly thrown into a pit and killed on impact with the floor.

God, I've only had that happen in forest retreats, never lethally though.

My current adventurer, Telsta Shovespices the Excavated Jaw, is pretty badass. First 2 kills were vampires - a human and a centaur. Drank their blood and made himself a vampire from the start.

Over the course of his career he managed to rack up nearly 200 notable kills and 70 non-notable ones. Though some of his victims would probably have been better off dead - a centaur had his guts spilled, eyes gouged out, the nose, arms, legs, ears cut off and teeth knocked out, yet still alive.
Another human had his hands cut off, eyes gouged and the rest of his facial features cut off. Said person actually migrated to a fort I made later on after they retiring Telsta as a lord.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: November 19, 2015, 03:07:24 pm »

Yeah, it's an (or several) old, old issue(s) with the generator not always checking if a tile is supported when generated, and then deciding to check after you start playing. I never actually saw it happen with trees, but I have witnessed it happen with frozen-over ocean tiles. There was a big issue a while back, before the new site maps were made, where the ground would have huge vertical chasms all throughout, with many sections that werent supported. Players would spawn in, the game would realize the village theyre in or adjacent to had no supporting structure, lag the fuck out trying to process all those cave-ins at once, and you'd immediately afterwards fall to your death in the caverns below.

I'm guessing the entire world didn't collapse from underneath me. I was still on the surface, ish, more of a single-tile pit as cave entrances will often have a few of, trees and the dome itself still present. I just fell and did the splits way too hard.

Today, I played around some more and stumbled across a group of undead alligator snapping turtle corpse bandits and their human hammerman caretaker. They're all fairly cool. Snapping turtles, not snapping turtle men, it should be noted. All they equipment they would have had was in a bunch of piles nearby.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aaaand after giving some of the turtles' equipment to my elf companion and then trying to give his wood shield back, he refuses it, because it is a rude bauble fit only for my kind.

You were just fucking holding the thing five seconds ago you fuck
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:11:10 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: November 20, 2015, 09:46:28 am »

Kill an elf princess with the corpse of the queen, give both to the druid, he'll accept them happily and even try to attack you with them.

Trade them to an elf soldier and he'll accept them too, but try to give his shield back? Nope.

This is why I do the things I do to elves.

Those are his body parts btw, I pegged him with them after traveling away and back so he wouldn't bleed out too fast.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: November 21, 2015, 12:51:40 am »

My swordsdwarf is jumping around a dark tower killing trolls. The reason he is jumping is that this is the fastest way to move through the massive fps lag. The reason he is killing trolls is to hopefully reduce said lag.
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: November 21, 2015, 02:53:40 am »

My swordsdwarf is jumping around a dark tower killing trolls. The reason he is jumping is that this is the fastest way to move through the massive fps lag. The reason he is killing trolls is to hopefully reduce said lag.
they respawn. if anything your kinda filling the area with bodies of trolls which would uhh bloat the save.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: November 21, 2015, 05:15:09 am »

they respawn. if anything your kinda filling the area with bodies of trolls which would uhh bloat the save.
Oh, I see. I'll stop doing that then.
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1104