Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096482 times)

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8925 on: November 07, 2015, 05:37:26 pm »

I stole an idea from the forums and became Jackie Chan in my Halo install. Learned that having a stupidly high striking skill allows for exploding hands.
A few minutes in I decided "Hey, everybody in this town is a criminal". So I went on a murder rampage, as ya do, and fought my way to the Keep. There I demanded that the lord yield, moved forward one tile and then was filled with lead from a nearby marksman. It was fun.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: November 07, 2015, 07:50:29 pm »

He was attacked by a lion, he barely survived and still doesn't want to yield, he's even trying to kill me right now.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: November 07, 2015, 10:27:25 pm »

How to ghost urself?
Crap I forget where the ghostly script came from. It just toggles the flags directly, you can do it with gm-editor or something similar under flags1 I think?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: November 08, 2015, 04:45:53 am »

How to ghost urself?
Crap I forget where the ghostly script came from. It just toggles the flags directly, you can do it with gm-editor or something similar under flags1 I think?
Ghostly is one of IndigoFenix's (see here).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8929 on: November 08, 2015, 06:18:07 am »

He was attacked by a lion, he barely survived and still doesn't want to yield, he's even trying to kill me right now.
Christ, I had people like that in-game who get horribly maimed and mangled and still try to kill you. Though I admit I'm usually one of them.

Also, I just encountered my first actual evil weather, kinda disappointed though that it was just orc blood that reanimates corpses instead of one that creates thralls/husks. Only realized the latter property when I severed a gnoll's head and it reanimated.

I'm thinking of doing some cave exploring. Killed 20 or so gnolls camped out at a cave, soaked in orc blood, both of my companions ran off during the fighting and got far enough to not be on the companion list anymore.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: November 08, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »

How to ghost urself?
yeah it's a unit flag thing that in 31 was basically godmode. now it's kinda godmode but with little to no options of flying around unless you gave yourself flight to begin with then everything is normal.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: November 09, 2015, 07:04:58 am »

That's what it was!

I was trying to pick what to rescale next, and I knew one of you used Simple Mood, but couldn't remember which one cause I'm not used to the set as much.

For you, Rum-inator, a pixel perfect rescale of Simple Mood at 32x32 (there's a 32x48 one in my nonsquare thread too):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: November 09, 2015, 08:23:55 am »

so uhh I had one of my great tame bear companions rip the head of a shadow swordman, with their head still in their mouths.
starting to like companion on companion violence more. hopefully this leads to a group of battle harden veterans made up of people who all slowly shifty eyed at the newcomer.
also I think the chief medical wizard is an enchantress like my adventurer, also the hunter is also wizard.
I  think I have 3 tame bears I picked up at the start one of them is a panda, ones a grizzly, and one a black I think?
one cheetah and now that only dingoman.
also the lizardman keeps spitting on the elves.
edit:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:07:12 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: November 09, 2015, 11:16:18 pm »

I can see why you love this tileset.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: November 10, 2015, 07:10:42 am »

oh uhh I don't like any tileset and more often try to get the original ascii build.
but most of the mods tend to slap all kinds of tilesets on and I just lazily play them hoping they don't mess with Dfhack.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: November 10, 2015, 09:50:31 am »

My experience with tilesets in DF tend to be mostly just discovering the occasional turn of Drunk Fortress has the walls screaming at me. ;A;

Weird that on some roguelikes I do tiles, on others I don't.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: November 10, 2015, 11:01:34 am »

I have horrible bouts of pausing to check if that's a creature when it's just sandy red clay poking out of the grassy hill.

thank you toady for adding vision cones to creatures.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: November 10, 2015, 02:39:39 pm »

oh uhh I don't like any tileset and more often try to get the original ascii build.
but most of the mods tend to slap all kinds of tilesets on and I just lazily play them hoping they don't mess with Dfhack.

How would a tileset mess with dfhack? Not graphics sets, and I only do ascii style layouts, I even convert them back if I can.

Either way, Simple Mood (and SquareMood/HugeMood) looks great.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: November 10, 2015, 05:24:03 pm »

That time when your nearly-unarmored character and hammerman buddy stumble into a Marsh Titan's shrine...and you manage to cut its throat out, killing it.

But you are halfway between two towns...halfway through the day...and it's a day and a half's travel to either town...and your buddy was killed by the Titan...

And you realize that, far from gaining much notoriety and fame...you just ensured yourself a one-way ticket to your own funeral...Complete with dingoes, worms, and many, many, many bogeyman.

Dangit. Earlier, I lost a character to a Flail Lord or some such goblin after clearing an entire camp (At the expense of my crossbow-woman backup) of goblins, including the Mace Lord goblin leader. Yeah...never be just walk in DF mode. I was holding down the walk button, and two auto-attacks later, the Flailgoblin had killed me...
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: November 10, 2015, 07:58:54 pm »

That's what it was!

I was trying to pick what to rescale next, and I knew one of you used Simple Mood, but couldn't remember which one cause I'm not used to the set as much.

For you, Rum-inator, a pixel perfect rescale of Simple Mood at 32x32 (there's a 32x48 one in my nonsquare thread too):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like the helmet face. im assuming that's military units?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1104