Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096565 times)

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8880 on: October 20, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »

One of two of the dwarven civilisations in my world has been utterly destroyed, aside for one camp where the king used to reside, so I decided to take him on an adventure, train him up a bit, then make a fortress and resurrect the civilisation if I can.

Watch the king-errant of all dwarfdom get killed by berserker-charging some kobold bandits, thus dooming the dwarves to a slow nationwide tantrum spiral. >.>
He's one of two guys left in the entire civ IIRC.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: October 21, 2015, 12:49:58 am »

I'm a tiny halfling girl and I'm rescuing my huge half-orc companion from being ripped apart by dingos. He's on the ground, completely surrounded, probably screaming like a babby, and I'm running around swinging my dagger at dogs.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: October 21, 2015, 08:23:08 am »

A thing of interest found while testing out modded-in gnolls. It may have been mentioned before, if so, apologies for the redundancy.

Outsiders initially cannot claim sites, since they are listed as unknown civs(?) or have some sort of tag that renders them incapable. Once they retire somewhere, they gain a civ/are assigned to a civ and then can make a claim.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: October 21, 2015, 06:25:01 pm »

Yup, that's been mentioned before. An outsider can instead become a hearthperson/lieutenant to claim sites.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:54 am »

Well shit, that explains why intermittent failures to conquer the world.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: October 23, 2015, 04:31:51 am »

Aaaand I want to play Adv mode again.

Mad explosives scientist build, this time? Hell yeah.

I would honestly very much like to have access to explosives in adventure mode. Not sure how to do it though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8886 on: October 23, 2015, 07:27:10 am »

Wow, what the hell.

I just got to a town as a vampire with a blessing of strength (personal mod). Drained someone of blood, then I got 3 drunks to join me, and then I convince the lady of the town to join me on an insurrection...against her.

I conclude it by exiting the keep and entering it again. Then I find out my group isn't in control anymore because that lady is still alive. So I get her to join me on an insurrection again...

I take her out near the river, tell my drunks to stay somewhere where they cant see me mauling her (so as to not soil my reputation of legendary hero for killing a griffon), then punch her into the river, a few z-levels down. I realize "oh wait, she's a naga, she can't drown", so I jump in after her and finish her off, then triumphantly climb back out and get my drunks to follow me again.

What even.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:50 am »

Aaaand I want to play Adv mode again.

Mad explosives scientist build, this time? Hell yeah.

I would honestly very much like to have access to explosives in adventure mode. Not sure how to do it though.
I have no time or constructive energy atm, but plan to use the infinite liquid glitch on alcohol and scatter it around and set fires. Might work.
One wheel short of a wagon

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: October 24, 2015, 03:18:27 pm »

That definitely needs testing. I'll do that at some point.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: October 24, 2015, 11:29:27 pm »

That definitely needs testing. I'll do that at some point.
Wonder how hard it is to drown all your dwarves in beer
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NonverbalShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Material name: Leather
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: October 26, 2015, 02:25:39 am »

So far my adventure has been like this:
   I began in a small elven village and realized immediately that I hate these elves for living in trees that I need to climb every time I want to deal with them, so I set off on a journey to a nearby dwarven city.
   When I finally reached this dwarven city I found it very quiet so I decided to explore, but I found no trace of any dwarves living there and it was a bit ominous which is why I chose to turn back rather than tempt fate. So I set off on another journey to a nearby mountainhome and on my way I saw a cave which I decided to enter, thinking I would just find a vampire or a werebeast. I found a cyclops instead. The cyclops charged me and attempted to knock me over when I narrowly dodged to his side where I chopped at his arm and seriously wounded him, but not enough to defeat him. This creature then began a precise punch at my head and I knew that Kisat Dur was my only hope of not becoming some snack in a cave, so I caught his hand and then hacked at it with my blade which fractured bone and caused the beast to faint. I plunged my blade deep into it's skull and searched the cave for treasure to no avail.
   I returned to my quest for a city worth protecting and found Hammerpeaks, a dwarven town which was not cold and desolate, but grim. Everyone I found in the town was panicking over an elven army marching there so when I told of my feat of valor no-one cared. I saw that the town was in dire need of help so I offered to defend the city as a hearthperson, but on account of my elven features they denied me. I then asked if I could prove myself in any way and they mentioned numerous monsters but none knew their location and so I asked if there was someone who could tell me where to look and they said many times: Fikod Brassshins is well traveled, he knows where these beasts are.
   I decided to find Fikod Brassshins and searched the entire city but I found that there was no Fikod Brassshins and those foul dwarves may just as well sent me out to find duck teeth. I confronted the captain of the guard and he laughed and said "Nobody needs you damn elves, you started this in the first place" and the citizens all chuckled. I felt a rage brewing inside me and knew I would need to take revenge.
   I left and trained for 5 days when I found an elven scouting party around the city who assumed I was another scout, so I talked to them and told them of the fort's layout and weaknesses and they realized for one that I wasn't a scout, but two that I could certainly be trusted, and three that all the guards were at the perimeter and that a small team could sneak in and destroy everything and so we sneaked by one of the drunker patrols and sacked the city after a small fight with the captain and a crossbowman.
   The scouts bid me goodbye and left the city when I attempted to still seem like the hero and rescue a few men whom I told that the elves had raided the town which they did. The names of my companions were Sol, Gabat, and Zuglar and so we set off on a great journey for home.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:50:21 pm by NonverbalShoe »
I wonder why I'm not getting any migrants at "Anusrape the Pain of Strangers"

NonverbalShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Material name: Leather
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: October 26, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »

With my companions I set off on another journey to a dwarven fortress far to the east where I saw it was abandoned and fairly eerie and it occurred to me that I should leave, after all the dwarves were notorious for digging in places they shouldn't be exploring.
   I continued my adventure to a structure I saw in the distance to the north. When I drew closer to this monument I realized it was a group of tall pillars that stretched out into the sky. I was curious and wanted to investigate when I realized it was a shrine and no later did a massive three eyed kinglet with mandibles and a stinger rise from it's slumber and charged my companions and I. I was at the head of the adventuring party and so it charged me with it's great maw for a heavy bite at my torso when I drew up my shield and it bit steel.  I hacked at its neck as Gabat and Sol fired upon the deformed monster and Zuglar charged to my aid to strike its foot. The beast was annoyed at our assault and swatted Zuglar to the ground and sat on him in an attempt to suffocate the dwarf. I struck the beast in the neck with my blade again and it turned toward me in its anger to kick at me but I deftly avoided its wild strike as it was struck by another hail of bolts. Seeing it was off balance, I put all my strength into a chop at its neck and decapitated the beast.
   I dug Zuglar out from the mountain of flesh smothering him and helped him to his feet. There was nothing in the shrine but skeletons of dead warriors and peasants and so I left with my group to the east.
   On my journey the crossbowmen I brought lagged behind at an inopportune moment and were ambushed by a herd of territorial yaks, I rushed to their aid but I was too late and Sol and Gabat died, I grieved my loss and avenged them by slaying the yak which murdered them. After the mourning Zuglar began to think about how the adventure started and realized I was to blame. I told him the death of his friends was getting to him but he said that he saw blood on my sword that day and it didn't smell like elf blood. Zuglar spat at me and said "no-one needs you elves" when I heard this I remembered the captain of the guard and the anger I felt that day came rushing back in full. I stabbed Zuglar in the throat and left him bleeding on the ground for the worms. How dare he speak to me that way!
   I returned to my journey alone and spotted a goblin metropolis in the distance. I headed there and had no problem with the wildlife as unlike many others I didn't step on every rattlesnake and annoy every elephant I saw like that idiot Zuglar.
   When I arrived in the Dark Fortress I felt sluggish and time seemed to pass slower and slower the closer I was to the tower and I decided to head back rather than risk time stopping completely and being left frozen. I do not to this day know what foul sorcery the goblins have discovered but I will one day return and stop their nefarious spell when I obtain climbing equipment because I was unable to reach the roof of any buildings.
   I found a human hamlet to the east where a band of robbers were stealing from townsfolk. One of the villagers tried to attack the robbers but I restrained him from making a deadly mistake. The peasant was not thankful however and thought I was helping the robbers so he hacked at my gut with a cleaver. That peasant was about to cut my throat when I grabbed his wrist and snapped it, which caused him to faint. I checked my wound and saw I was bleeding but not badly, however I doubted it would heal without a scar. I was traveling to the town center when I overheard talk of a city to the north and asked this person where it was and it was fairly close so I decided to travel there and protect it instead of a futile attempt at protecting a frontier town from bandits and goblins at the border.
   When I arrived at the city which was well defended by three large military outposts surrounding the walls, I saw that it was very peaceful and when I reached the keep I saw that the Lady of the town was actually a goblin, I regret not being able to ask of her story but I heard noises from the catacombs below and decided to investigate.
   I found three goblins, two were crossbowmen and the other was a spearmaster. I slit the crossbowmen's throats in the shadows and then proceeded to attack the spearmaster when a goblin chief saw me and tried to join the fight, I knew Kisat Dur would be necessary at this time and so I ran and leaped into him which gave me enough time to kill the spearmaster. After my technique was seen I doubted it could be used again so I dodged his strike and countered by chopping his hand off with my sword. The goblin was angered by this and hacked at my leg resulting in much bleeding but fortunately no nerve damage as my chainmail leggings protected me. I then finished off the chief with a slash to the neck which severed his head.
   I climbed out of the catacombs and back into the light where I went to the local tavern to heal which is where I am now.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:50:08 pm by NonverbalShoe »
I wonder why I'm not getting any migrants at "Anusrape the Pain of Strangers"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: October 27, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

Enter is your friend. I can't read a wall of text like that without some paragraphs.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: October 28, 2015, 05:43:01 pm »

A crutch-using cripple is the first of my current line of adventurers to successfully clear a bandit camp, and the first to be granted a title from combat.

I'm currently playing a succession of adventurers with no companions and almost no skills (Hero-level stats, with not more than Peasant-level skills). Now, I could do things the paranoid way, by looting a friendly lord's storeroom and then training until I'm extremely skilled. Or, I could get myself just a little bit of Dodger and Shield User against some animals, craft some basic leather armor using Deon's Wanderer mod, and then see if I can stab my way towards some decent metal gear. I've chosen the latter.

With my current adventurer, Rilstud Trimsevere, I stumbled upon a goblin who was about to ford a river. A swordsgoblin, even! That should provide a nice weapon! Or... maybe just a silver scimitar. Oh well, it's still good experience.

So, I dutifully engage the goblinoid filth, and it slashes my foot. It's a large but superficial wound. Excellent, that will leave a fine battlescar! Meanwhile, I've disabled the goblin's leg, and am just about to attack its sword arm. Naturally, this is the point at which the goblin manages to sever my motor nerve. Great, I can't stand any more.

So, I slay the goblin, getting a silver scimitar for my troubles - an annoyingly blunt sword, but at least it's a sword. I also butcher the goblin, Imaza Skulltrailed, and fashion a crutch with its bones. The skull I keep as a memento, maybe I can put that on a pike at some point.

Well, poor Rilstud isn't dead yet, so I trek off towards the nearby bandit camp, slowly gaining Crutch-walker experience as I do. When I arrive, I see a goblin leader wielding a crossbow, and two wrestlers. I sneak up on the leader, quickly stabbing its arms and one leg, so that the crossbow is no longer a threat. We have a mighty battle, what with me being inexperienced with my spear still, but eventually I slay the goblin. The two wrestlers are easy foes in comparison, and... it appears that my cripple has actually cleared a bandit camp. With less than 0.375 movement speed the entire time, and a crutch under my shield arm. With my heart pounding from my victory, I loot what few pieces of metal armor I can find, and go in search of a larger bandit camp.

I am now Rilstud Trimsevere the Exalted Insanities, and my next foe is an axegoblin. Again, my foe is wielding silver. We'll see how that goes, and we'll see how soon I can loot this larger camp.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8894 on: October 29, 2015, 05:41:48 am »

"The Exalted Insanities"
That's an appropriate title for practically any adventurer, honestly.
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1104