Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096753 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8820 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:07 pm »

.–.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: September 21, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »

It was inevitable.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: September 21, 2015, 10:00:16 pm »

*lands eye-first in the mud while trying to put out the fires on my gear*

*asshole ghost who set me on fire with his mind is able to tell later on that it was my left eye that made the impression*

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: September 21, 2015, 11:54:06 pm »

I was wondering about that. I mean, one wouldn't think that an impression in mud, especially of the eye alone, would be very detailed.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: September 29, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »

I continued the killing with my main adventurer, I eventually came across a mayor who decided she wasn't going to just stand there and just let me kill everyone. Unfortunately for her she wasn't anywhere near good enough of a fighter to take me on, I grab her hand mid-swing and break her wrist, I then immediately go and slaughter everyone in the room, I decided to play more with her and began breaking are her joints, I accidentally pinched left right hand off though.

I went outside to pass some time so she wouldn't bleed out, I got back in and she just charges at me, she still wants to fight me! I then cut both of her arms off and knock her out, I wait an hour, she still wants to fight! I knock her out and cut her legs off, wait another hour, still she wishes to fight! I then remove everything I can ears, teeth, nose and tongue, pinch everything I can except for one eye. So here she is, limbless, toothless, no ears, no tongue no nose, and only one functioning eye, does she try to run? NO, she still wants to fight. I was considering letting her live, Truly she is a warrior at heart! Sadly I accidentally broke her spine while trying to stick bolts in her, that seemed to be too much for her as she tried to retreat mere moments before suffocating. :c

edit: Well I got myself a new companion, a peasant who has grown bored of normal life, I armored him up and gave him a sword,  I trained him up a bit by cutting the legs off a bunch of people and letting him finish them off, I decided I wanted to kill off the inhabitants of the fortress I got him from.  I decided it was best to leave him outside though, I doubt he would like it if I killed everyone he knows in front of him.

This fortress is FULL of nobles! I found a room with 6 nobles in it! Then I found 4 different rooms all with 4 nobles in them, and the king to, rip king, I'm pretty sure there were even more nobles that I killed before I noticed them. Its for the best that everyone here dies, its some kind of nest of nobles! I killed over 2 nobles, I've never seen so many nobles in one place, it is terrifying.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:22:59 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8825 on: September 30, 2015, 07:41:01 am »

I've never seen so many nobles in one place, it is terrifying
It's disconcerting how DF creeps into people's vocabularies.

Oh well. It was inevitable.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: September 30, 2015, 10:36:29 am »

It must be stopped by any means at our disposal. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8827 on: September 30, 2015, 12:19:30 pm »

It is sad, but not unexpected.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: September 30, 2015, 06:57:58 pm »

It's disconcerting how DF creeps into people's vocabularies.
It's for the best.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: October 02, 2015, 02:53:07 am »

Playing my Halo mod as a Kig Yar Ibie'shan. They're like big lizards.
Anyways, ran into a San Shyuum (Prophet) who somehow became one of the co-leaders of a Jiralhanae (Brute) civ, and who immediately hated me. In a clothes shop. Just standing over a couple Kig Yar who decided that was a nice place to be, glaring across the room. On my way out a merchant engaged in small talk, too, which was weird. By small talk I mean, we mentioned the weather and our thoughts on it, and then he said goodbye. No random beasts like I expected.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: October 02, 2015, 11:18:40 am »

Playing an older version.

My human hammerer had been tasked with taking out a bandit commander. After finding a couple pikemen eager for glory, we set out and approached their camp from the south.

The commander's henchmen were easily cut down, but the commander herself was very skilled. Every swing of my hammer met nothing but air. Then she thrust her silver pike forward, and it pierced leg muscle and nerves, and I found myself in the very unenviable position of lying under a pissed off commander.

Fortunately one of my pikemen buddies engaged her, and I was able to crawl away. I reached their camp and began digging through their bags in the hopes of finding something, anything useful. I pulled out an iron short sword and looked over at the duel, dismayed to see the commander in good health while my friend was getting overwhelmed from blow after blow. I crawled over to try and help, but I was too slow. The commander cut down the pikeman and ended them with a pike to the head when I was about 20 feet away.

My only remaining ally finished their fight and rushed towards the commander, but they wouldn't get there in time. She had already turned her attention to me and began to confidently advance. I only had one chance. I had never thrown a sword before, but in desperation I hurled it at her as hard as I could.

All the gods must have smiled on me at that moment. An eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, leg for leg. The spinning sword struck her in the leg and carved through nerves and muscle. As she collapsed, my pikeman and I moved in together. On the ground, she was unable to hold us both at bay and I smashed her head in. After ransacking their camp, we made our way back to the castle.

The men were saddened by the loss of their comrade, but satisfied that justice was dealt and that the lands were a bit safer. Unfortunately the nerve damage permanently ended my ability to stand, so my adventure came to a quick end, but as far as adventures go, it was a pretty good one.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:21:39 am by Echostatic »

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: October 02, 2015, 07:08:03 pm »

my centaur adventurer found the heaven 8)

there are like 20 items in each tile!
AND THEY'RE FREE!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:10:45 pm by Anonymax »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: October 03, 2015, 01:49:20 am »

Retiring hyperspeed buffed adventurers to use them as your entire military.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: October 03, 2015, 03:03:54 pm »

We traveled about doing the usual stuff, killing people and butchering the corpses so I have something to eat, normal stuff, but I wanted something different, so I used dfhack and had a baby.

Just look at my beautiful baby! Newly born and already incredibly muscular. Also I noticed everyone from the civilization she's from has dark tan skin and ecru hair, this is not surprising, but what I find weird is that my adventurer has white hair, she's always had white hair, her skin is dark tan like the others but, she has white hair, I know when one gets old their hair can turn grey/white but she's 48 years old and she's a dwarf, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

What is important is glorious adventures, at some point I found and killed my first forgotten beast, it shall feed me for many weeks. After traveling site to site killing everyone like normal we eventually traveled around some mountains going up north and east, after a short trip across a frozen ocean we reached our destination, an entire large landmass untouched by me or my companions, in this time I got up to sixteen thousand notable kills. But not all is good, despite having much experience in the use of the sword my young elf companion did not get much experience in the art of dodging due to the fact that the people I had him attack not being able to fight back. In the end he was slain by a random human hammerman. It was inevitable, Not really surprising since he was weak and was quite small, he never got to go home and see his family, its for the best, his parents are died years ago, rip Vicira I will carry your skull with me forever, might even kill some people with it.

Also I've seen so many babies at least 2 or 3 dozen since the first baby kill incident, I guess since a year has passed new babies are being born. Heh.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: October 03, 2015, 05:08:02 pm »

Testing a draconian (Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup)

IT WORKS!

LET THE FUN BEGIN!
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1104