Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094992 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8580 on: July 08, 2015, 11:13:58 pm »

Charged into battle wielding my -steel battle axe- I got from a hillock, cutting down dozens of bandits in this 70 man strong bandit camp. They threw themselves pointlessly at me and my companions. Nothing could stop me, I had just just down their great swordsman master! Nothing could oppo- I fell? What? What do you mean, exploded on impact?!? Dammit...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: July 09, 2015, 07:18:09 am »

Triple-knife wielding peasant, low stats at first, so I chose a bow as my secondary weapon. Considered using training macros of some kind, as knives are so much better than range, it seems.

Anyway, just came to the tent of an elven princess camping outside some elven cities empty save for homicidal sasquatches, which me and my companion have been cleaning up. She's still asleep, but with long hair, pritruding aquamarine eyes, dark peach skin and saffron hair... wow. Not sure how I feel about the deeply recessed chin or incredible skinniness, but this is taking on a slightly Disney quality for me: peasant becomes mighty warrior, wanders elven cities, fighting off mighty beasts, then finding a sleeping princess in a tent...

Meh. TBH, in real life I'd be much more interested in my human companion, Alu Staffdrooped the Strapping Dimples, though I'd hope the last part of the name applies more than the first, heh. She wears goblin bone earings and armour with weregila monsters on it too, and fashion sense is important, when one considers these things.
One wheel short of a wagon

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: July 09, 2015, 08:57:39 am »

Triple-knife wielding peasant, low stats at first, so I chose a bow as my secondary weapon. Considered using training macros of some kind, as knives are so much better than range, it seems.

Anyway, just came to the tent of an elven princess camping outside some elven cities empty save for homicidal sasquatches, which me and my companion have been cleaning up. She's still asleep, but with long hair, pritruding aquamarine eyes, dark peach skin and saffron hair... wow. Not sure how I feel about the deeply recessed chin or incredible skinniness, but this is taking on a slightly Disney quality for me: peasant becomes mighty warrior, wanders elven cities, fighting off mighty beasts, then finding a sleeping princess in a tent...

Meh. TBH, in real life I'd be much more interested in my human companion, Alu Staffdrooped the Strapping Dimples, though I'd hope the last part of the name applies more than the first, heh. She wears goblin bone earings and armour with weregila monsters on it too, and fashion sense is important, when one considers these things.

Step 1: Wake elven princess.
Step 2: Brag about your past violent acts.
Step 3: "It was inevitable."
Step 4: Sulk in a corner saying that elves don't know a dead roc from a dead rat.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: July 09, 2015, 09:21:28 am »

According to legends mode, she used to be an adminastrator of the "Society Of Virginity", before becoming princess of the Harmonius Pregnancy, after being attacked by two dwarves, a goblin and a sasquatch, and surviving unscathed. She had no family, being of unknown parentage. Currently, I've jumped over her, run into her, grabbed and shaken her, and even bruised her once by jumping into her, as well as thrown water then peat at her, and she hasn't woken up. And whenever I wait for a bit, then turn to her and try and speak to her, she's awake, haveing shifted position, but lies down without saying anything and goes back to sleep at once. Just f*cking weird, RNG.

Anyway, you guys remember Nako Towerwraith the Harvested Bow of Quandaries, the goblin I met who wouldn't talk to me, and who wore nothing, in the middle of the forest, after following me about, and whose reply I said for him whenever I asked him anything? Anyway, turns out he was a werepanda. Werecreatures seem to feature a lot in this world, as my civ's symbol is weregila monsters. anyway, he has 8 notable and 64 other kills, and is an enemy of at least 15 entities. He originally intened to hunt great beasts, but instead was attacked by cunning sasquatches whom he could not best, then a werepanda dwarf. He fled, massacred and ate the livestock and dwarves of many civilisations, then retired for 14 years into the wilds, where I attacked him as a goblin, letting my companion finish him off, as he strove to conceal the fact that he had been stalking me in his unholy form.

I love this game.

Noblaum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: July 12, 2015, 04:40:43 pm »

Decided to attack the world's only Dark Fortress with the goal to kill either the elven lady of the Fortress or the demon in charge.

First character was a human outcast. No human civs ever popped up in worldgen so getting clothes is impossible. Have to hold raw fox meat in one hand and a dagger in the other. Spotted by a goblin after finding the Dark Fortress. Not wanting her to alert anyone else to my presence, I used the first throwing weapon that came to mind. It wasn't the dagger.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not as impressive as a fluffy wambler decapitating a bronze colossus, but the idea of a naked knife-wielding maniac cracking people's ribs by throwing meat at them is hilarious to me.
One floor up and three slit throats later I found a brainwashed elf. She managed to bruise my lung with one punch, causing over-exertion and an inability to stand, and was immune to my meat-flinging abilities. I broke her arm and stabbed her in the throat and she bled out a few turns later. One turn after that I suffocated from the punched lung.

Second attack was with a goblin of the dark fortress' civ modded to be playable. As a goblin of the civ, other goblins react as if they know her, but as an adventurer they still go straight to murder. This means that at one point someone said "Hey, good to see you!" while charging with her knife drawn.

The troll mentioned above is dead. I guess he must have been important because now the trolls periodically host massed revolutions, half the time the fortress looks like a civil war (though in hindsight that might've had something to do with my dubious status as a member of that civilization). I once opened a door and a goblin flew right by my face, thrown by its little toe, skidded along the floor and an arm popped off. So it's either dodging the swords of guards while trying to strangle them or it's dodging goblins being used as projectile weapons. There's blood and corpses everywhere. I once entered a room and all that was in it was a troll and a corpse and all the corpse's teeth.

Made it to the top where I'm currently trying to assassinate the demon of the tower; I go up, try and kill him, go a floor down and sleep in a corner until my wounds are healed, repeat. I've yet to actually hit the bastard, but the moose keeps hitting me in the head with hair rings (he has a ton of clothes and accessories he uses as melee weapons, it seems he wrestled them from the various corpses and never put them down; some of those hair rings must be ancient). His attacks keep getting deflected by my iron mask. I don't know how effective my weapons are because I keep missing. He keeps trying to kill the trolls in his room but the clothes he's using as weapons aren't strong enough; at night they just ignore him and go to sleep while he attempts to beat them to death with a hat. Also there's so many goblin corpses that I'm using their masks as throwing weapons. I'm thinking I'll just try and find the elf, she's probably a lot more mortal than the demon. Maybe if I can get to an actual talk menu like with that crazy knife lady I can claim the site before killing her and see how that works out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: July 12, 2015, 05:14:31 pm »

I'm sorry, but are you sure you couldn't be a little more Tolkein-Kafkaesque there?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:18 am »

I picked up an artifact candy serrated disk, it's probably the best throwing weapon ever. Cut a human right in half.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: July 14, 2015, 10:53:12 pm »

"I don't think scare tactics work on ogres." And ogre ran away from me after I bragged about my previous violent acts... I thought they were NO_FEAR?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: July 14, 2015, 11:08:17 pm »

After a long, agonizing, slow and terrifying trip over a frozen ocean, I got back to the land I used to be on...I found a human baby...I've never seen a baby in adventure mode before...

I'm officially a baby killer.
I regret nothing.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: July 14, 2015, 11:10:57 pm »

Dayum, lucky. I've only ever gotten kids, though I did get a prince or something one time.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:18 am »

After a long, agonizing, slow and terrifying trip over a frozen ocean, I got back to the land I used to be on...I found a human baby...I've never seen a baby in adventure mode before...

I regret nothing.
probably for the better since you are traveling over a frozen ocean. that's like crossing the warp in Dwarf fortress, that baby might been a were-Whale.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: July 15, 2015, 11:21:13 am »

I regret nothing.

Better to serve the child a quick death than have him suffer the pain of starvation, malnutrition, and an eventual and painful death.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: July 15, 2015, 04:37:49 pm »

I regret nothing.

Better to serve the child a quick death than have him suffer the pain of starvation, malnutrition, and an eventual and painful death.
hmm I haven't seen a npc die from starvation in adventure mode... or had seem them eat so chances are they won't deal with the first 2 bits.
the child would been fine.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: July 15, 2015, 10:27:41 pm »

On the other hand I have seen a human die of old age, I think while they were leading a necromancer army attack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8594 on: July 17, 2015, 02:43:47 am »

The only baby I come across was elven. It promptly got kicked by me and stabbed by my companions. Buuuut it was an elf, so, whatever...
Never seen anyone die of old age in-game myself. Kinda makes me jealous of people who have bandit leaders charge them only to die of age. I would suffocate laughing if that happened to me.

I also had a badass story I remembered from an earlier version of 0.40, don't remember which one exactly, but anyway. I was a dwarf axedwarf travelling with a macedwarf and marksdwarf and gained infamy for killing bandits and stealing things from merchants.
Eventually this caught up with me and I was ambushed by a group of atleast 15 dwarven recruits, 2 marksdwarves and also 2 human crossbowmen, all in a box formation around me and my 2 companions. This happened around noon in-game, so you can imagine that the atmosphere was kind of awesome in a wild-west showdown sorta way.
I started by going after the crossbowmen due to previous experiences. What I didn't notice is the recruits swarming my macedwarf friend and holding him down and beating and stabbing him to death; there was literally 9 recruits on top of him in a square. The marksdwarf ran away during the fight, so he actually survived as I found out in legends.
After going on a rampage of revenge I killed nearly every recruit and every crossbowman, which made the rest collectively crap themselves and try to run away. I noticed one of them was hit by a crossbow bolt, so I thought my marksdwarf friend returned, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
Apparently, a goblin army was marching right where I was having this battle, and they started killing off the survivors. My leg's muscles were torn during the fight with the goblins, so I thought I might as well go out like a warrior instead of trying to crawl away. I noticed the goblin lady, a pikewoman, along with her lasher bodyguard, standing some distance away from the battle.
I crawled up to them and tried to kill them. It didn't work out. The lasher broke my other leg, sending me into unconsciousness, and the lady finished me off with a stab to the head.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 1104