Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100722 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8505 on: June 21, 2015, 08:38:29 am »

I have successfully become a werebeast, which is very good since my hand had an infection so my time was limited. After traveling into town I immediately turned into a wereantelope and began biting everyone I could infecting over 100 people, I travel around a bit and then I infect the lady of the town and then travel away and come back, I then had fight with her for awhile for control of the town, after winning I continued to infect even more people and got into the occasional fight with other wereantelope.

After turning back into a human I decided I needed a new companion, I journeyed to the closest fortress and recruited a swordsdwarf I was able to acquire a steel short sword for me and my companion as well. I eventually found and slayed a dragon and went off to kill the 2 rocs that were within a reasonable distance of my location, I decided to rest in the nearby hillocks before attacking the first roc and sadly my companion was attacked by a giant desert scorpion, she survived the attack but she was injected with poison. She eventually died of suffocation. It was inevitable.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: June 21, 2015, 08:46:26 am »

Just came onto what I think is a clash between armies. Quite a few asteriks lined up around each other. When I tried going to the center, it told me it was a camp. So I stopped and traveled by foot. Immediately, I met a goblin lasher fighting a human recruit. I helped the recruit, then continued towards the middle of the camp. I killed a few more goblins, and, suddenly, a demon was coming at me. An skinless ass with a deadly spit, shaped into the form of a man. Sounds like my english teacher. I barely survived fighting it, and that was only because the entire camp and my 12 companions were with me. Once I left the site and fast traveled, there were asteriks going the opposite direction all across the map, and when I chased one down, it was a goblin. Did I just kill a siege on a camp?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: June 21, 2015, 09:01:55 am »

Just came onto what I think is a clash between armies. Quite a few asteriks lined up around each other. When I tried going to the center, it told me it was a camp. So I stopped and traveled by foot. Immediately, I met a goblin lasher fighting a human recruit. I helped the recruit, then continued towards the middle of the camp. I killed a few more goblins, and, suddenly, a demon was coming at me. An skinless ass with a deadly spit, shaped into the form of a man. Sounds like my english teacher. I barely survived fighting it, and that was only because the entire camp and my 12 companions were with me. Once I left the site and fast traveled, there were asteriks going the opposite direction all across the map, and when I chased one down, it was a goblin. Did I just kill a siege on a camp?
The best thing is that you killed a demon.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: June 21, 2015, 09:05:09 am »

I got a lucky headshot with my burning steel axe when it was busy dodging a crossbow bolt and several weapons. It was kind of like peasants swarming a knight.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: June 21, 2015, 09:11:38 am »

So,when i visiting a village i was ambushed by spearman.Turns out he was spawned in mid-air with llama.Llama survived,spearman not.

I also got a message "you hear a metal cling" in cyan color while travelling near a river.I searched the forums but i found nothing.What does this message mean?It's kind of spooky.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:30:18 am by cdru »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: June 21, 2015, 11:27:22 am »

It's a kea. Keas make that noise. Don't worry about it.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: June 21, 2015, 11:37:31 am »

I kept getting that noise too, got really paranoid. Thought someone was stalking me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: June 21, 2015, 01:08:40 pm »

It's really atmospheric, birdsong, in DF, IMHO.

I love the "you hear a gentle boom" one.
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: June 21, 2015, 01:21:25 pm »

I think once I heard a crashing sound.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: June 21, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »

Keas again, and I think capybaras.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: June 21, 2015, 02:58:29 pm »

My current adventurer, Ak Faithdrummed the Lance of Lilacs, dualwields a whip and a silver war hammer. He is currently going on a beast slaying spree with literally the best companion ever: Coņu Practiceslaughter, Axeman. In one of our first battles together(A plains titan), he lost his foot. He has been crawling with me since. Since then, he has killed a marsh titan(that breathed fire, no less) and helped me kill a lot more.

Most recently, my group was attacked by a pack of giant dingos. Everyone in my group except Ak and Coņu were slaughtered. My perfectly healthy companions couldn't handle giant dingos, but the one missing his foot and an ear managed to win. 3badass5me.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: June 21, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »

With the trading system, you can give him a crutch!

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: June 21, 2015, 04:05:26 pm »

Alas, Coņu was killed today, by a group of goblin bandits.

I decided to kill all the members of the group, and so I slaughtered the goblin overload. They didn't see it coming.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: June 21, 2015, 04:12:55 pm »

My adventurer got 2581 notable kills,i'm going for 9001 notable kills and nothing can stop him,not even weight (his vampire curse seems to give him way too much strength)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: June 21, 2015, 04:24:19 pm »

Wow. I've always considered an adventure finished at ~300. Guess I don't generally bother with killing sprees, unless it's goblins, and go for the big kills.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1104