Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100253 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8235 on: April 27, 2015, 04:06:00 pm »

Priest names are dodgily similar to vaultbeast names.
One wheel short of a wagon

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: April 27, 2015, 04:24:24 pm »

Yeah, priests have odd names. Once had a 'high puddle' and a 'high autumn' begin fighting randomly. Religious war? I don't know.
thincake

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: April 27, 2015, 04:47:28 pm »

Exalted Brain once turned up in legends. Spent 10 weird minutes on google before I realised the whole religion thing... still don't understand what a "force" as elves worship has to do with anything....
One wheel short of a wagon

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: April 28, 2015, 01:46:52 pm »

There is just no efficient way to kill zombie hordes, it's always a long and grueling process. Repeatedly kiting out small groups, and every time I try to take on larger just to speed things up, one of them gets a hit on my flank. Pike and spear staves don't seem any better or worse than hammers or maces. Their tips may pierce a skull, but they just as often get stuck, and they're not useful against the ones who don't need skulls. Axe is most versatile because the flat of the blade is about as effective as any blunt weapon, and the edge is handy against the ones that have to be dismembered. This is now the fourth tower I've cleared, and previously I had destroyed the slabs, but I left this one on the roof just to leave the option there, if not for this character, a later character.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: April 28, 2015, 03:59:29 pm »

Target zombie with multiattack > look mode > aim cursor > launch

Also, am I the only one who read Exalted Brian?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: April 28, 2015, 05:07:48 pm »

Target zombie with multiattack > look mode > aim cursor > launch
Yeah, but what's the closest comparable tactic without running an OP script to do things the game very obviously wasn't intended to do? If I wanted to cheat, I could just teleport them to max z-level.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: April 28, 2015, 06:40:35 pm »

Because this is more fun than teleporting them!

More to the point, hacking through them isn't fun or rewarding, nobody cares if you fighting off a horde of zombies unless you're saving a town under attack by zombies.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: April 28, 2015, 08:42:55 pm »

At this point in my adventure, I'm way past telling anyone anything about what I'm doing. It takes half a minute to load the rumors topic, and I really don't need the glory that badly. I'm just gonna be the mysterious stranger, leaving behind a trail of engravings across the land.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: April 28, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »

Because this is more fun than teleporting them!

More to the point, hacking through them isn't fun or rewarding, nobody cares if you fighting off a horde of zombies unless you're saving a town under attack by zombies.
well there's a 50 /50 percent chance of you fucking up and launching yourself, and the whole you need to hit them to throw them and if you miss you don't get the connection needed to throw,
on top of that there's the whole zombies are durable as hell and don't stunned easily and if there's a necromancer nearby their coming back from their horrible dead.
like the whole throw a zombie several miles is so you can Run the opposite way and hope you never see that still living thing again.
and I can't even Invoke banish zombies with out having one close in on me and rip the jaw off on my adventurer.
dwarf fortress : yes even if you hack we will find ways to make you lose.
also a good discription of what the script does is being hit by an invisible bronze colossus,
but other than that there's way you can kill zombies easily with advfort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
yeah this isn't going to save you if said zombie close by, and takes awhile for set up and zombies could punch you out of it or move away...
now thinking of this whole op script I kinda been writing script after script of ways to Overkill someone
what next? trade a guy something on fire miles away? once you know how to crack a man's skull with a punch, the only path that leads is manly tears and one upping yourself until you accidentally made the biggest OP Mofo the game can handle from modding and scripts and you having to fight that.
but besides that point, uh hmm zombies uhh I dunno lure a dragon near them and have both duke it out, I'm sure zombies can't handle fire.
or a giant cave spider
or a bronze colossus?

edit: like seriously I thrown a zombie across the game map, and in 3 turns it's right back in my face.  I kinda live in a world of OP fast strong zombies... and it's my own fault for trying to make dwarves op. oh well atleast I didn't go and give bogeymen firebreathing, necromantic properties.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:43:43 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:33 pm »

I once decided to attack someone with pouch,it was really effective,then i found out that pouch uses random skill(even if it's not related to weapons),then i decided to destroy entire village by only using pouch,it was really funny,can i learn to lie by killing random things with pouches?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:09:41 pm by cdru »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: April 29, 2015, 01:23:54 am »

If you designate a multi-attack but don't let it connect then you don't run the risk of launching yourself.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: April 29, 2015, 09:38:12 am »

I started with Below Average Creativity, and between cooking and engraving it's up to High, but it doesn't seem to help my artwork. I'm still creating things like a flax plant, two jute plants, a human, two humans, three humans, humans, and a kakapo in a pear tree. An image of a circle -- how long did it take me to come up with that one. An image of frilly socks -- that's probably pretty exotic to people in this world.

Now that I'm up to Adequate I'm creating more detailed scenes, in which you can actually identify the humans. Sometimes it depicts me being elevated to the position of lord among humans who weren't actually there because I killed them all. Sometimes it depicts me being deposed, probably in absentia. When I do remember to carve one at a megabeast lair, it usually depicts the megabeast with one of their victims. I wish it happened more often, but only once I engraved a couple tiles from a dragon's lair and got an image of me striking down that dragon.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: April 29, 2015, 10:37:54 am »

An image of frilly socks -- that's probably pretty exotic to people in this world.

Seems the Guardians of Extra Fun Stuff are especially fancy in your world. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: April 29, 2015, 12:07:43 pm »

I shouldn't be surprised that drinking vampire blood from my weapon would turn me into a vampire, except that it hadn't worked every time I tried it before! I had licked weapons, drank from pools on the ground, guzzled Urists of it from waterskins and lignite mugs. I thought the same bug someone mentioned in an earlier post had afflicted my character, so I drank it just to top up nutrition every once in awhile.

But after maxxing my spear skill on a vampire, I cleaned up my weapon before putting it away. The river was only ~8 tiles away, but I can't be expect to walk a step further than I have to with a substandard weapon. So I drank the blood off, swapped it for an axe, then went in search of that cooked flesh odor I'd been smelling. When living beings began to appear as red stars in the local area, I thought it was because I just maxxed intuition. I didn't realize until after I collected a dusk man's heart and brain that I wouldn't need to eat it.

Now I have all these sumptuous meals I can't appreciate because I'm a vampire! I can't just throw them away, that's my mortal blood, sweat, tears, my expression of love in every morsel of slaughtered enemy! Can I ever enjoy the simple pleasure of grinding their flesh in my teeth again?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: April 29, 2015, 12:41:00 pm »

You can eat, but you don't have to.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1104