Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100132 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8175 on: April 22, 2015, 06:28:22 am »

You're basically a stuntman with no need for nomex then?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: April 22, 2015, 07:54:28 am »

It now takes 22 seconds to open the list of rumor topics. That's not once per conversation, that's once every time you want to share your accomplishments, that whole table has to reload and rebuilt. Add in the time it takes to hunt through the crap, and that's a lot wasted trying to get your legend told.

Conversely, the more you engrave, the faster you get at it. So eventually when I want to tell people about the 3 titans, 2 dragons, and FB I just killed, it'll be easier just to draw them a picture.

EDIT: I seem to do a lot of engravings of forgotten beasts, singular or plural, which is really convenient. No one knows what a forgotten beast looks like except the ones who have seen it, and they could look like anything. So anytime I fuck up an engraving, I could just say it's a forgotten beast, and people will go "Oh...it's amazing how you captured its horrifying likeness! What talent!"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:24:38 am by Uzu Bash »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: April 22, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »

"In midautumn of 50, Lesana struck down the hill titan Covema with a body part in The Gully of Beards." He took my foot, that was his undoing.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: April 22, 2015, 02:04:34 pm »

So I noticed you can cue a multiattack and designate a launch vector per attack, which initially led to stuff like this:

Then I found a dark fortress and had an idea... it took a bit to get it right, but I present for your amusement, Goblin Fireworks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8179 on: April 22, 2015, 02:29:20 pm »

Thats...absolutely glorious.
Someone should put that gif up against Ode to Joy or some other epic classical piece.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: April 22, 2015, 02:51:10 pm »

It's a bit cliche, but the cannons from Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture were going through my mind while I was making the gif.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: April 22, 2015, 04:38:55 pm »

By Armok, that is beautiful. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: April 22, 2015, 07:42:21 pm »

Took a while to get the hang of flinging them right, think those were gobsplosion.png 30 ~ 50 or so >.> lots of fun figuring it out though.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: April 23, 2015, 02:45:07 am »

Walked into a wall of dragonfire and got all the symptoms of being engulfed in flame without the bleeding and melting. Nothing in my inventory was affected, but anything in my hands was. Except for the lignite. I picked up a few pieces of leather and fiber clothing off the ground and they caught fire, but I took out a mug and it didn't. I dropped it on the ground and picked it up again, still didn't light. Were these trinkets just a waste of time? I found out you could use careful move to get around while on fire, but that's not as quick or as funny as jumping around.
Temperature disabled?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: April 23, 2015, 04:48:37 am »

Temperature disabled?
No, just melted fat. It's not even fully melted, I think I became fireproof after upper body became partially melted.

EDIT: ~14k ticks to get Engraving from Novice to Adequate, ~15k ticks to get to Competent. I don't know how far I want to commit to this skill if the exp cost keeps raising faster than the time cost lowers. It took over 40k ticks to make my adamantine backpack, but almost all of that was spent idling. Can't develop Engraving while afk because each job only takes ~215 ticks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:25:52 am by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: April 23, 2015, 10:40:36 am »

Hmmm, can you macro taking a step right > careful move north and set it up so you're along a long stretch of stone?

Also was testing a bit of climbing stuff for someone in the fortress boards:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parkour is so fun, I suspect Rumrusher is dead after forgetting to eat/drink/bathe/do anything besides fling folks around, we'll find out about it when the next of kin notices an open browser tab and updates us.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: April 23, 2015, 11:40:43 am »

I found the ruler of a dwarven civ sharing a ruined fortress with a hydra. For some reason. They have hillocks just to the north but she refused to leave. Anyone ever encounter this?

Sadly I could not convince her to leave, though I killed the hydra for her.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: April 23, 2015, 12:37:36 pm »

I found the ruler of a dwarven civ sharing a ruined fortress with a hydra. For some reason. They have hillocks just to the north but she refused to leave. Anyone ever encounter this?

well dwarf entrances are a separate site so that could be ruined and holding a hydra while the dwarf fort below that is perfectly fine.
edit: oh yeah 3 day leave came back to fight a familiar dwarf camp with biker ended up killing a dwarf wrestler but some how reanimated herself after I butchered her.
the bones, skin, and a weird one just label dwarf came back to strike but was quickly toss aside but god the Dwarf has no body.
but some how I'm fighting the dwarf's soul? how do you fight and throw something that has no body?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:13:15 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: April 23, 2015, 12:39:26 pm »

well dwarf entrances are a separate site so that could be ruined and holding a hydra while the dwarf fort below that is perfectly fine.
She was the only dwarf though. The legends and her both said it was the same site. And the fact that I cant retire there tells me that its not fine.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: April 23, 2015, 12:43:20 pm »

Hmmm, can you macro taking a step right > careful move north and set it up so you're along a long stretch of stone?
Most jobs ignore additional inputs during, so I'd have to set macros to delay until each is finished. But delay is set in microseconds, tick duration scales with framerate, and I'm not sure how many microseconds each takes at optimal or average. So it would a time-intensive grind to get this up to Master levels. I'm just going to engrave at random, like graffiti.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1104