Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100087 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8130 on: April 20, 2015, 06:58:17 am »

I was going to say that that would be pointless becasue there was nothing up there.....

Then I realized this was bay12 and we would do it anyways
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: April 20, 2015, 09:53:18 am »

Heh, it's like dragonfall without the running or jumping:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Did you just try to hit me with that? *grab* You're in time out now, mister! Go play in the corner, hey, I saw you laughing there you smelly treehugger, get your ass into time out too!"

I was trying to avoid getting a title from crappy goblin kills by just launching them into walls, noticed one goblin turn into chunks with no body, hit reveal and found the rest of him on the far side of a slade wall. >.>
So yeah, you could say the velocities possible are uh... impressive:
Didn't work btw, apparently I held on to one too long or something and got credit for them bashing into the walls of the throne room upstairs, but it worked out well because it made me "Shin Throatstab the Tenderness of Attack", fitting since I just spam wrestle > grab with upper arm > grab upper body > fling... "c'mere buddy, gimme a hug, how you been, oh gotta go so soon, no prob, catch ya later!"

...oh, had this happen too, a magma flow with no magma on it is pretty harmless, only reason they died is because they were bouncing off the walls as they fell like 60 z or so:

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: April 20, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »

Hit 3 titans spaced out over a couple weeks worth of savage lands filled with empty. No civ, few lairs, and the only ones I have directions to are the titans. After I circle around the whole mountain range, I'll come to a necromancer's tower, on the edge of an evil marsh. Is it possible to fight through a horde of undead who won't stay unundead?  If nothing else, it should train my hammer skill, which I probably should have practice before going there.

Marsh titan, hairy winged theropod, beware its deadly spittle! It kept missing me, so I can't tell whether a shield will block it. I probably could have been more patient in holding off the kill to test it, but I think it hits as accurately as human spit. Got more titan meat; I shall prepare it with the respect it deserves. It's summer, so I have a wider variety of ingredients to cook it with.

Hill titan, three-eyed pterosaur with mandibles, beware its fire! This had both fire balls and fire breath and used them both one after the other. The fireball hit me, but didn't immobilize me; could that be because I was covered with water because of the rain? I doubt that works against webs, but it's worth a try. The smoke obscured his view, so when I ducked around a pillar, he was unable to locate me, and I had a second chance to sneak up on him. I'll have to try out smokescreen tactics in the future. This guy was pretty small for a titan; meat and bones together weighed only ~2000.

Forest titan, giant beetle composed of steam, beware its sting! Down in one shot, and the next tick I was engulfed in steam, which dissipated a few ticks later with no effect. I think that was its blood. Since this is in evil lands, at least I have an opportunity to try out weapons on undead. Maybe I'll find some terrifying weather, too.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: April 20, 2015, 12:43:27 pm »

Cooking? In andventure mode?

Masterwork, I assume?
One wheel short of a wagon

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: April 20, 2015, 12:51:48 pm »

Masterwork, I assume?

Dfhack.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: April 20, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »

Oho. Thankyou. I shall look into this.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:30 pm »

Or a WF derivative. One of these days I should post the derivative I made. >w>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: April 20, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »

No mod, just advfort. All it does is make the same jobs dwarves do available to adventurers. To cook, I have to build a kitchen, usually out of wood I chop down, sometimes rock that I mine out. For the time and effort spent, all cooking does is compress food items in inventory into descriptive stacks. I haven't found lavish meals to have any gameplay consequence; I still get hungry at the same rate, and I don't appear to be gaining fat from them. They may do something to my adventurer's mood, but afaik that only effects AI.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: April 20, 2015, 01:26:39 pm »

But surely YOU feel better having eaten them, no?

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: April 20, 2015, 01:28:50 pm »

I bashed a goblins neck with my shield until it exploded into gore. The thing survived. I stole his masterwork socks.
"This is a masterful troll fur sock created by an unknown artisan. It is encircled with bands of rectangular hematite cabochons. It is made from troll fur cloth." His cloak had native gold on it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:36:44 pm by skyte100 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: April 20, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »

No mod, just advfort. All it does is make the same jobs dwarves do available to adventurers. To cook, I have to build a kitchen, usually out of wood I chop down, sometimes rock that I mine out. For the time and effort spent, all cooking does is compress food items in inventory into descriptive stacks. I haven't found lavish meals to have any gameplay consequence; I still get hungry at the same rate, and I don't appear to be gaining fat from them. They may do something to my adventurer's mood, but afaik that only effects AI.

Sweet zombie Jesus what. I would've loved tro have heard of this lunacy.

I added tree and plant growths to allow harvesting scrap wood and plant items from useful plants, but this sounds delicious. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: April 20, 2015, 01:51:34 pm »

But surely YOU feel better having eaten them, no?
Yes, especially if they're masterworked. Let it go down in legend that I crafted this prepared roc heart roast for The Righteous Act, and ate it!

advfort also makes it possible to deconstruct walls in buggy vaults. It seems like less of a cheat if you have to dedicate 500 ticks to it.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: April 20, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »

I added tree and plant growths to allow harvesting scrap wood and plant items from useful plants, but this sounds delicious. owo

But be sure that dfhack/advfort doesn't allow to gather plants - therefore you will need your mod.
Some jobs are broken (i.e. encrusting) but in majority this feature allows you to do nearly as many things as in Fortress Mode.
Just don't start as an outsider...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: April 20, 2015, 01:53:05 pm »

You so can gather SOME plants, with DFhack, or even nothing at all... berries at least! Capers! Artichoke hearts!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:14 pm »

You so can gather SOME plants, with DFhack, or even nothing at all... berries at least! Capers! Artichoke hearts!
I've never gotten Gather Plants to work, so I can only pick what's in season, or what's in stock in warehouses and depots. It may be because I'm playing an outsider, which is also the reason I can't brew any booze or make any weapons or armor. The best I've crafted is a masterwork bloodthorn crutch and a masterwork featherwood bed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:03:48 pm by Uzu Bash »
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1104