Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099976 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8070 on: April 13, 2015, 08:17:03 pm »

Oh god, I saved and was intending to die exit before actually dying and went down to play on the magma flow where the bandit captain had been hanging out earlier, I wasn't sure when I had last saved before then though because I had a crash and lost some time so I checked the announcements log, found this:

She's sitting on a magma flow while saying this, for context.

Here's me sitting on one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's me testing to see if the flow will still destroy things by dropping one of the dragon bone figurines I had in my backpack:

It disappeared instantly, as expected, most of my armor and clothing was made out of dragon scale or bones so it was fine, my cheek and I think one of my hands was starting to melt a bit because the waterfall kept pushing me out into the deeper magma a little so I had to move back repeatedly.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: April 14, 2015, 08:41:20 am »

Giant lion recruit.

First I lost my weapon arm. Then I Lost one of my legs...... Then if I remember correctly I lost.....did he bite my head off? Idk. This was a few days ago.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: April 14, 2015, 01:08:25 pm »

Lions are HORRIBLE.

I had one catch my punch, put it in a joint lock and then broke my wrist (and then of course ate me while I blacked out from pain).

Like some sorta lion blackbelt ninja.
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: April 14, 2015, 01:24:11 pm »

If a turkey hen picks you in your throat and you can't breathe anymore, well, I would say, death by a lion is faster and much more gracious.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: April 14, 2015, 02:14:41 pm »

Came to another slade fortress and decided to go straight to the bottom before going up. And in the chamber deep at the bottom of the magma sea, was nothing. Sorry Mon, your portal to hell is in another castle! Then I remembered the demon who made this fortress was already struck down. His whole empire had been taken by elves, including this fortress. No wonder why they weren't instantly hostile. So I went up to see the occupier.

When I reached the throne room, the administrator was there with the master, who was hostile to both of us, and an insurrection began. Neither of them were armed, so their fight consisted of the elf weakly pummeling the goblin while he ran until exhausted, then bled to death. I decided I wasn't satisfied with leaving the place to the elf, so I bashed his head in with my shield -- only 470 more kills like that to reach L+5 Misc Obj! The fortress became a ruin, and I wasn't able to claim it by demand alone. I'm not about to try to recruit supporters; there are only 13 goblins here, and they're spread out all over the pits.

The next Demon Master is a long way away, but at least he's alive, and his slab was the first I'd found. His empire is also one of the most successful, and the capital is home to 11139 goblins. It's the only goblin settlement I've seen with more gobs than trolls.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »

Testing out an adventurer compatible version of Roses' propel.lua that Rummydoll was working on and let me fiddle with, I've got it working but I'm still trying to work out the best way to balance the speed and such.

Mamgozumid is fun as hell across the ground... I don't know what the hell you would call this though, Mamgozvuthil perhaps:

The neat part is that since I'm using a script to launch myself you can jump after initiating a grapple, so you can grab two elves and do this:

Then I found an elf above and to the side of me with a clear path to another section of forest a long ways off so I went for it, in this first screenshot he's 2 z above me after I grabbed a tree-top to stop myself:

He landed at the bottom of this shot, we jumped from just below the branches visible at the top:

Trying to do an even more extreme jump wasn't the best idea:

We exploded. T.T

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: April 14, 2015, 09:24:08 pm »

yeah jumping script is great. now I'm working on a making a script that allows you to multi attack the same move over again.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: April 15, 2015, 01:03:14 am »

Oh lord, well, as long as you don't give it to cats we should be fine.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:40:11 am by Max™ »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: April 15, 2015, 02:34:51 am »

I was testing out modded-in tower shields and I decided to hit an enemy with one (Great Misc.Object User skill). Due to being essentially hit by a relatively light iron wall, on the first hit, I merely bruised his upper body and a lung. On the second hit I made his entire upper torso explode into gore. I think I should make the shields heavier.
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: April 15, 2015, 02:41:06 am »

Bashing someone with a slade shield is hilarious, a slade maul all the more so, assuming you've gotten strong enough to do this somehow.

"Hmmm, oh snap, that's my jam, must be a crazy party going on upstairs! Maybe they won't notice I wasn't invited if I sneak in? ...how to do that."

"Wait, I've got an idea! BEARDED ELF LEG MUSCLE POWERS ACTIVATE!"

"Man this party is great, you guys all having fun too, god I'm already so drunk this is-"

"Oh... is the party moving downstairs?"

"What the hell... buncha jerks... I'll show them..."

"I'll show them all."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: April 15, 2015, 02:43:17 am »

I did mod in osmium, which is slightly more viable than slade. Unfortunately the civilisations seem to keep forgetting osmium is not for armour, meaning there's quite a few towns where the guards are practically pinned to the floor.
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: April 15, 2015, 02:51:12 am »

That's actually hilarious.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: April 15, 2015, 02:59:06 am »

I suppose it'd be helpful as a means of inhibiting your military's natural vicious urges.
I did actually get into a fight with one of these guards and I hit him about 12 times before he finally took a swing at me... which I dodged. He was pretty durable though.
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: April 15, 2015, 04:00:11 am »

Yeah, the McLegendary family in my avatar were started with a glitchy armoks_blessing activated migrant I first adventured with, later found a backup and did it anew with all the knowledge I have now. Since then I found out Urist has a wife so I used dfusion to spit out a kid and began adventuring with her dragging mom and dad around killing stuff. At some point while playing with her I learned how to do some mods that inspired me to go all ridiculous with them so they were running around with ungodly strength/agility/toughness and 9.9 speed so on a lark I changed their weapons to slade and they didn't bat an eye. it gets gruesome when mom and dad go to town on stuff since they don't like to smash heads as quickly as I do.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: April 15, 2015, 04:05:16 am »

Went full north to visit a tundra titan. It's the only one of its kind, so I thought I should see one before it goes extinct, which should coincide closely with my visit. Snowstorm cut visibility tighter than underground, so I tried to stay close to pillars to navigate. It turned out to be a bug type, poison bite, and my first edible titan! I shall immortalize him in cuisine! Maybe in some temple I'll find an engraving of my masterwork prepared titan heart roast, but they won't get the ingredients right.

That's it for the cold, I'm getting south in time for summer, and sticking to warmer climates for the rest of the decade. By winter, I'll be in the tropics!

EDIT: Fun fact: if you assassinate occupying administrators while sleeping in their camps with their entourage, you'll be the only witness. Of course this makes sense, but you can't ever be sure with DF.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:43:50 am by Uzu Bash »
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1104