Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094919 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7755 on: March 13, 2015, 02:55:00 am »

Hey Rumrusher.. I would love to see what your idea of a draltha looks like to you, I have my own personal idea of what they look like but I shouldnt say as to avoid me influencing in anyway.
Just a hint.
Im a big fan of your cartoon style.

As far as my adventures lately. I died trying to die of old age. Darn I was 32.
Adventuring is very high risk.
Just a humble minotaur wanting dinner and I got cocky and he locked my joints and smoked me like a cuban...
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: March 13, 2015, 06:04:13 am »

Got a friend I am trying to get to play df, got him reading fun stories like Vanod and such, bits of the Cheesemaker, talking about the crazy stuff that goes on, was explaining clown car/candy and such and mentioned that I wasn't sure what would happen if you tried to open up a clown car as an adventurer, though I have dug out and extracted and smelted and forged candy armor/weapons with advfort.

Found a fort that had a black spot in the reveal screen... it also had a weird rectangular hole going from the surface down to the tunnels... and uh... seemed to be flooding:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, I'll save beforehand anyways in case it crashes once I load up some clowns or something.

*finds a tube, digs down*

So I find the other and dig in, and no it didn't spawn any clowns, disappointed I headed back to the main fort to see if they had any interesting news about the elf army marching towards my home civ and such... but when I get there I notice the room has water here and there... weird, wonder if the next room is the same way...
"Uhhh, should I not have opened that door?"
"Perhaps you guys should consider putting up a sign, 'CAUTION: WATERY DEATH ROOM' or something?"
"You heard that you died, from who, me? Wait did he just say he found himself dead? What the hell? Also, how is having your fortress get flooded in any way inevita-... ok, stupid question."

I'm starting to think reuning families by bringing dorflets back to fortresses might not be a good idea, they'd probably be safer in hell.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: March 13, 2015, 12:12:04 pm »

I just climbed down a well in a hamlet and emptied a waterskin full of vampire blood at the bottom.

Let the night begin...
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: March 13, 2015, 12:19:52 pm »

Here, have some cuteness to cancel that out.

Yes unspoilered because dammit look at that.

Best part of 40.x NPC reactions, too bad all the other reactions in 40.x are only various level of "inevitable" depression or "terrifying" terror.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: March 13, 2015, 12:40:45 pm »

My travel companion know how to "say hello" to others.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: March 13, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »

I just climbed down a well in a hamlet and emptied a waterskin full of vampire blood at the bottom.

Let the night begin...
*comfort*

It won't work mate. God how I tried forever and ever to get this to work.

I actually tackled a vampire into a well, climbed down on top of them, hacked them up enough to bleed but not die, and built a grate above them... couldn't get others to drink from it while I was there, waited for days on end there with a macro that just spams period.

Re: Tilogur, he's just being friendly, that's how dorfs in the wild say hello, judging from all the experiences I have with dorflets and wildlife.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: March 13, 2015, 12:53:05 pm »

Let the night begin...
*comfort*

It won't work mate. God how I tried forever and ever to get this to work.

I actually tackled a vampire into a well, climbed down on top of them, hacked them up enough to bleed but not die, and built a grate above them... couldn't get others to drink from it while I was there, waited for days on end there with a macro that just spams period.

Re: Tilogur, he's just being friendly, that's how dorfs in the wild say hello, judging from all the experiences I have with dorflets and wildlife.

It WILL work when I build a fortress on top of that hamlet and empty out all the booze! Fear the night!

EDIT: I also just found out you can fast travel through Dark Pits if you press T at juuust the edge of it. But everyone probably knows that :p
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:54:43 pm by Magnus »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: March 13, 2015, 01:46:57 pm »

Wait what?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: March 13, 2015, 02:11:05 pm »

I've managed to web some cage traps, then move the GCS. Let's see if I can't catch that fire-breathing FB.

Also, the salt beast with rot dust died to a giant toad. Pitiful. I wanted to poison my hell spikes with that.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: March 13, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »

Wait what?
Go to the edge of a dark pit on the fast travel map, next to one of the # symbols. It'll say "You cannot travel through the Dark Pits".
Press d to stop, and walk just a few steps towards the pit. Then press T again, and it'll say "You must leave this site".
Then, walk a few steps back, and press T again. You should end up inside the # on the travel map, and now you can travel through the pit as you please.

It might take a few tries, sometimes it works on the first try, but I've reliably been able to do it with any pit in the world. I've yet to see if it works with dark fortresses or lairs.
You can use it to place yourself right in the middle of a tower if you want, for easy slaughtering.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:38:02 pm by Magnus »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: March 13, 2015, 02:25:48 pm »

Lolwut

I'm so going to use that.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: March 13, 2015, 02:54:23 pm »

Lolwut

I'm so going to use that.

Someone should really update the Wiki with "Stupid Adventurer Tricks" to make life easier for newbies :p

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: March 13, 2015, 03:54:39 pm »

That's a great trick to avoid the hard navigation in there due to how convulated the places are and how extremely laggy the game is in it !
Thanks for mentionning this.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: March 13, 2015, 04:04:31 pm »

I'm making a note here: Huge Success!

It's hard to overstate my satisf-oh crap I just deposited my parents on top of a dark fortress...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: March 13, 2015, 04:36:27 pm »

When you say a few steps you mean 3 tiles in and out or more?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1104