Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094823 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7650 on: February 14, 2015, 12:47:26 pm »

Saving kids is my favorite thing. I usually gen young, small worlds for this so that the goblins don't get a chance to build up enormous populations.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: February 14, 2015, 01:14:26 pm »

Besides, there's no challenge, no fun in having something that powerful as support. Better to go it alone and have all the glory for yourself. And what's more, the more of those superkids I return to fort-mode playable civilizations, the more likely I'll have a few migrate to a fort.
Too bad the kid saving from goblin site isn't possible in 34.11 , with how much more of a challenging threat enemies are in comparison to the pushovers and ultra pacifists "enemies" of 40.x , it would be really great to have superpowered kids as a support.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: February 15, 2015, 12:13:58 am »

I finally got back to the great slaughtering campaign against humanity. After the usual killing I decided to get another companion, he died in the first fight he got into, then there was the second one, who disappeared, I assume he slipped on a corpse and died. Now there is the third one I got to join me, he hasn't died yet and he will probably last awhile due to my companion mafol and I being death machines.

I'm kind of scared of mafol, she kills just about everything and everyone in one hit. If she got lucky she could probably kill me. That would be pretty amusing. I turn her into a monster and I get killed by her. I hope that happens, but it won't. heh.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:32 pm »

I arrive at a elven hillocks, I assume was won in some war over the mistreatment of flora.
Walked around, being invincible, just running some tests and I decide to test the drink mound.
I walked into the smoke filled room and try to find somebody with a drunk title except they are all elven herbalists....
Nope no drunks here, just a bunch of elven herbalists in a smokey room...
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: February 15, 2015, 07:33:29 pm »

Well, I think I broke the universe with my hydrazombie... a tree collapsed while I was incinerating elves pruning branches, and after the dust cleared... uh:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It started freezing there so I hopped back on Nil to find a successor, planning to grab a kid to carry on her legacy, since after getting up to nearly 1300 kills she was a bit ridiculous, I found a tower that should have had access to hell earlier in my rampage but was glitched, this time it wasn't so I went downstairs to play.

What's worse, a psychotic blood-drinking dorfchick with guts in her teeth, or demons:
Pah, demons don't even count as a notable kill?

Fine... and there weren't any kids there, guess I'll check the nearby hillocks for-*ambush*
...nobody told alligators they can't climb trees, I was able to travel away immediately even.

Gotta get screenies from Libash, but so far she has a beard, is incredibly muscular, and found the guy I had holding a barrel of master vampire blood for Nil in a nearby hillock. I traded him a flower for a big jug of blood, did some skills training and vamped her, then thought to check her kills list for her age... she's 2!?!?!

Talk about the "Terrible Two's" huh?

Update:
Oh dear, that's awful.

Libash Gearbusts the Bloodiness Machine? THAT'S AMAZING!

D'awwww, isn't she cute:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:03:03 pm by Max™ »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: February 16, 2015, 07:29:08 am »

While wandering around in a dwarven tunnel system, I ran into a gremlin. Being a respectable adventurer, I charged the beast for experience points and glory, but after I had embedded my axe in its chest I realized that it was screaming in a language I understood. I removed the axe and asked the gremlin to yield, which she gladly did. I then asked her to join me on my adventures, and she accepted! I named her Chuckles and gave her my large copper knife, and the two of us went to the surface in search of danger and loot. While leaving via a dwarven fortress, we passed by a depot. All of the dwarves trading there immediately stopped what they were doing, let loose battle cries and cries of fear alike, and charged after my new green friend. Fortunately Chuckles and I were able to lose the mob of intolerant dwarves, but if we hadn't I would have gladly turned traitor and slain my own kin in defence of Chuckles. After wandering the world for a long while, me vomiting all the while (I was a deep dwarf), I came across a human wrestler -- a wrestler who could channel the spirit of the Hulkster himself. He relieved me of consciousness and expertly exploded my head into gore using his twenty-four-inch pythons, with Chuckles watching all the while, screaming in terror. After I was dead, he and Chuckles just hung out. I felt betrayed, but at least I know she's still alive somewhere out there.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: February 16, 2015, 10:32:10 am »

Gremlin companions are a heck of a thing.

Inspired by my brief experience with the newly-turned kid vamp (who unfortunately found herself in a world with Nil Bunnysmash, and thus with very little interesting stuff left alive) I decided to set up and gear a kid from the start. Forced some artifact armor and a pick+shield, grabbed them with an adventurer dorf, tracked a master vamp to a nearby town only to find they had moved to a nearby hamlet.

Get to the hamlet, they're in a different one further west.

Get there and find they are in a hillock at the very north edge of the map... well shit, fine. So I trek out there, checking towns on the way to make sure they still point towards the same hillock, get there and trade my socks for their spear+shield, hack an arm off and grab a flask full of blood after turning myself, then begins stage two.

After checking several hillocks I finally find one with a bearded dorf girl who isn't a hideous little monster comprised of protruding eyes, crowded gapped teeth, and a big fat head, strip off my gear, drop it, drop the flask, and dfusion -> change adventurer to her.I grab the gear, wrestle some cats, dig some soil, and once her stats are up nice enough I chug some vampjuice and start my journey properly. I roam around and clear out a dragon and FB from a couple nearby forts, take out a colossus which had a shrine in the middle of several hillocks which was enough to give me legendary fame by itself apparently... then the map reveals a peak to the west.

I head over there, passing a weird cluster of four titan shrines (ice humanoid, water cicada, mud quadruped, and a big eyeless sheep...) and get to the mountains. I head in and find a sheer cliff face, np I think, I already trained up skills in a nice little montage, so I grab a handful of rock face and start on up.

...way up.

Way, way up.

Like holy god, this is a long freaking climb... oh hey a ledge, I wonder what my climb is at.

*checks, discovers I was just clambering around 20+z up a sheer cliff face with dabbling climbing skill because I forgot to do my jump+fail to grab the wall training...*

*clings to the ledges much more closely afterwards, finally reaching the summit of the Horns of Legend*

Not bad... oh, and there's a nice slope down the other side... probably should have gone up that way first huh?

Still, 3 years old, multiple megabeasts slain, vampirized, scaled a mountain, and there's still a chunk of map with goblin towers to go explore... *rubs my cute little dorflet hands together gleefully*

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: February 16, 2015, 02:11:08 pm »

After my last adventurer met with disaster involving a weapon trap just as I began finding decent gear, I rolled an elf for something different.

Since the wooden weapons are pretty worthless for starting with, and elves are a bit fragile, I leveled up Throwing to be pretty dangerous, as well as dodging.

While fast-traveling I was ambushed by a Sasquatch. I danced around, getting far enough away to throw my dagger, charge into his upper / lower body with a heavy attack to bruise his lungs and wind him, dodge back to my dagger, throw, repeat. Unfortunately he caught me and bruised my lungs and started some bleeding, so I ended up staggering away trying not to die, throwing my wooden sword at him to slow him down.

I managed to escape to a nearby hamlet where I stole (by real life standards, anyway, not by Dorf Fort standards) some asparagus and continued on to someplace where I hope I can find a weapon or two to snitch.

Lunch hours are barely enough to get anything done when you're just starting out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:24:25 pm by NeatHedgehog »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:32 pm »

Oh god I don't even know where to begin, but bear with me for a second.

Ok, I wake up the gf this morning laughing, she asks why and I explain that it is hard to say. Apparently I had been trying to explain another dream to her and was laughing in that dream which woke me up.

The one I had been trying to explain involved me discussing some of the effects of dorf fortress on my brain with--I shit you not--Zach Galifinakis, for some reason. So I'm telling him how I get the urge to tackle a pig and just start eating the guts out of it sometimes.

So then I walk over to the missus who is sitting on the floor clipping her toenails, inexplicably in a full-body foam rubber Hulk costume, and I ask her if she ever gets the urge to knock over a hippopotamus and start eating it.

She tries to turn and look at me and for some reason the lower jaw of the costume was attached to the body while the upper jaw was linked to the skull so she kinda makes a really super derpy :/ face.

I wake up out of that dream and start explaining it to her, trying to get her to make the face and laughing every time, which wakes me up for real, at which point I start sharing this with her...

"...so then Zach Galifinakis is there... wait, it gets worse"
*she's chuckling*
"...you were in a foam rubber Hulk costume... wait, it gets worse"
*she's laughing*
"...you were clipping your toenails... wait, it gets worse"
*she's full on crying*
"...you tried to turn and look at me and made this face" *demonstrates*
*we're both utter messes by now*

...then it hits me that my subconscious made a joke which I didn't even get.

See, my pet name for the missus is 'Bunny', and she was in a Hulk costume...

"BUNNY SMASH PUNY TOENAILS!"

Bunnysmash...

Nil Bunnysmash.
*BWONNNGGGGG*
Dorfception

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: February 16, 2015, 10:28:01 pm »

Ahh, now this is Dwarf Fortress adventure, the way it's meant to be.

I recruited a swordsdwarf and a pikeman to accompany me on my journey to glory. We went to talk to the master in a town, and found ourselves right into the middle of a fight between the human swordsmen and a vampire dwarf and his vampire goblins! The vampire struck down an unfortunate dwarf guard before my pikeman and my large supply of throwing bolts took him down.

At this point, I greedily consumed piles of the fallen vampire's blood. Suddenly, I could sprint everywhere without any restrictions due to the weight I was carrying. Perfect. I chased down a fleeing vampire goblin and knocked him down with my thrown bolts.

I wandered around until we found the master and got a quest. On the way out of the hold, I ran into another vampire who was still running amok. On a whim, I decided to try sucking his blood. Oops... my pikeman saw me. I sort of lost track of swordsdwarf, so he never saw it. So the pikeman attacked me, but I knocked him down and killed him with bolts. Since I was at it, I killed the passed out dwarf who had woken up long enough to witness me killing the pikeman.

I headed to a tavern only to realize the occupants (a prisoner, some important guy, two swordsmen, and a pikeman) somehow knew of my murders and found my leg hacked open the moment I opened the door. I deftly rolled and dodged every punch, stab, and slash as I rolled around the floor, my leg too destroyed for me to stand. As the attackers closed in, I slung more silver bolts to keep them at bay. One by one, they fell before they could reach me, the bolts stuck in their guts, knees, and heads as I continued dodging the two that were close to me. Finally, they were all down with chips to their various bones.

A crossbowman walked in while I was killing whoever that important guy was. uh-oh, I was all out of bolts. In desperation, I slung a silver coin at him which shot through his guts and shattered his spine, paralyzing him and causing him to drop his bow. No more trouble there. One by one I crawled over to each downed warrior and stabbed, hacked, and bit them to death. Somehow, one of them managed to bite my cheek off, for which I promptly strangled him.

I fast traveled for a bit until my leg got better. Once I could stand again, I bought a pretty nice sword from the market, sorted and equipped all the iron and leather armor I had picked up that fit me. I went back to explore the place where I had found the Master. He spat at me and tried to kill me, accusing me of murder. My trusty swordsdwarf, who had returned at some point, was having none of it, however, and cut off his head.

I think I'll claim this place. Seems to be going my way pretty well so far.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: February 16, 2015, 10:29:12 pm »

Oh god I don't even know where to begin, but bear with me for a second.

Ok, I wake up the gf this morning laughing, she asks why and I explain that it is hard to say. Apparently I had been trying to explain another dream to her and was laughing in that dream which woke me up.

The one I had been trying to explain involved me discussing some of the effects of dorf fortress on my brain with--I shit you not--Zach Galifinakis, for some reason. So I'm telling him how I get the urge to tackle a pig and just start eating the guts out of it sometimes.

So then I walk over to the missus who is sitting on the floor clipping her toenails, inexplicably in a full-body foam rubber Hulk costume, and I ask her if she ever gets the urge to knock over a hippopotamus and start eating it.

She tries to turn and look at me and for some reason the lower jaw of the costume was attached to the body while the upper jaw was linked to the skull so she kinda makes a really super derpy :/ face.

I wake up out of that dream and start explaining it to her, trying to get her to make the face and laughing every time, which wakes me up for real, at which point I start sharing this with her...

"...so then Zach Galifinakis is there... wait, it gets worse"
*she's chuckling*
"...you were in a foam rubber Hulk costume... wait, it gets worse"
*she's laughing*
"...you were clipping your toenails... wait, it gets worse"
*she's full on crying*
"...you tried to turn and look at me and made this face" *demonstrates*
*we're both utter messes by now*

...then it hits me that my subconscious made a joke which I didn't even get.

See, my pet name for the missus is 'Bunny', and she was in a Hulk costume...

"BUNNY SMASH PUNY TOENAILS!"

Bunnysmash...

Nil Bunnysmash.
*BWONNNGGGGG*
Dorfception

That is AEWSOME on so many levels o.0
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: February 18, 2015, 02:11:27 am »

Minotaur outsider, starts off near a forest retreat.
Scared a few elves got bored of them running and decided to 'adventure' I travelled north as the crow flys... until I had to turn off path after seeing a shrine for a forest titan spirit. It was a quadraped composed of snow and had a regal bearing, shortly after sighting it I was spotted. The silly snow spirit didnt know its strength, with a quick dodge and a slash to the neck with my 'rusty copper dagger and the head goes flying princess monokoke styles. So I grabbed the head and walked west quickly stumbled upon a lair. "Sweet I will show them my great spirit head I found"
you lick the spirit head
To my suprise its a Roc, I sneak on and get a stab to the head making the beatific bird pass out. "You Idiot" he was killed with a second blow, somehow I manage to carry him away in one hand...
I continue on my journey to the west, "oh a labrinth, yay friends".
I dropped my head and roc then I prepare for a fight by doing minotaur pushups, Inside I was greeted by a peasant that was screaming "I WANT YOUR BONES FOR MY BONEMILL" "I'LL GRIND YOU INTO PORRIDGE" the classic minotaur greeting. Finaly after a screaming match I greeted the minotaur cow and we had a little chat about life and maze designs as we pondered the ineffable subtleties of the 5th dimesion hypercube I began to fall in love, she invited me deeper inside for dinner and we ate a romantic dwarven steak over the bonemill, after a nice night and a ringing ear from the screaming I told her I had to go.
I travelled north and found a dark fortress. While walking through the pits (I hate the pits more than a water level) I found two gob towers and greeted them all like any respectable minotaur would, by breaking bones and screaming death.
I clear the first tower, the second however proved tougher, a miner chopped my leg and brused me a few times, the goblins had surrounded me in an act of supidity and impatience I leapt off the edge.
Falling at speed towards the earth his life flashed behind his eyes meat cameras. And smack.
He was dead for a minute and he wakes up in a maze of confusion a split open hand and a thumping headache.
He decided to retire with the minotaur cow, raise some calves, graze on elves. You know, the simple life.

So next time a minotaur screams at you, just remember that they are loving creatures and just want to eat dinner. So bring a meal!
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: February 21, 2015, 07:14:04 am »

Extremely relevant to the last post:

Made a monster island to run around on with an avatar of armok, bumped into a labyrinth and then this happened when I said hello.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: February 21, 2015, 07:41:43 am »

After getting into modding, i made most the big monsters playable.
I find it extremly racist when I play as a giant and they say exactly that.
"Your a pleasure to speak with. You are a dangerous animal... this now stands between us, yargh"! peasant hick fearfuly draws his toothpick
I often yeild and try butter them up.... wow that seems to have a different meaning as a giant.
Just imagined a giant frying pan and buttering up people for frying.
Shit. They were right. I am a dangerous hungry animal.

Its sad. I just wanted friends to eat with.

Ive been meaning to play as the avatar of armok.
Does he shatter easily or lose limbs easily like gabbro men?
What about fall damage? How resistant is it

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: February 21, 2015, 06:39:49 pm »

I survived riding a minecart off a mountain peak with some bruised and bashed up limbs.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1104