Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094850 times)

piffleton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7185 on: November 14, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

Long-time reader of these wonderful forums. Getting back into Adventure Mode after too much time away playing mere games. I am moved to post for the first time after my adventurer earned what I consider a brilliant - yet also thoroughly wrong - title. She is now Ramstom Goldenspattered the Pink Hawk of Moistening.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: November 14, 2014, 06:42:37 pm »

Yeah, those random names being wierd and nonsensical is standard.

Anyhow, attempted to attack that vault with the fire angels with zombies. The zombies initially didn't want to attack the fire guardian angel and the fire-based guardian didn't want to attack either, so it took some coaxing, and despite me diving to the side and dodging the fire, I still got caught on fire anyway. Damn fireballs.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: November 15, 2014, 06:20:51 pm »

My new swordsdwarf went in search of a dragon, after fighting a minotaur, goblin and a giant at other locations. Once I noticed the dragon's field of vision was facing away from my swordsdwarf, I duplicated the save a few times just to be able to fight the fight a few times.

1st time around, approached it from behind with proficient ambush and waited 1 tick/instant "," before checking the attack menu until I got a green headshot. This took 5 minutes of madness. Then swordsdwarf used heavy attack from behind to the head with barely adequate sword skill. This was the optimal choice. 2nd time around same process, but chose heavy attack from behind to the body. Struck the heart and opened a major artery and then the fight began. He outlasted the dragon with what was pure luck (this would be made clear much later), as the dragon bled to death. The next three fights were losses. Fighting it without the setup attack, with a short sword just didn't get enough blood flowing. The short sword didn't have the penetration depth (which the spear has) to make to most of the few body stabs that were made.

Time to pick up a spear or if that doesn't feel right, time to regen a world.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: November 15, 2014, 07:51:52 pm »

Oh, artifact steel scourge, you are amazing. Not only did you hack up dozens of goblins in fortress mode, but you just cut a giant down to size.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: November 16, 2014, 12:01:59 am »

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: November 16, 2014, 12:22:56 am »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: November 16, 2014, 11:29:23 am »

I have found a town that is so infested with moving army symbols at night (a kobold swordsman that kept tailing me for one, a troll, several night trolls, and whatever the rest were) that I had to get out of the town to even get a nights sleep.

And then got interrupted by dingos, to which my adventurer gave them the stinkeye and went back to sleep.

The town btw is a thriving town, it's not like 90-99% abandoned or anything.

And then got killed by a zombie grizzly that was living in that town, lol......
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:35:29 am by smjjames »

Methadone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: November 16, 2014, 06:42:01 pm »

Was watching Smackdown while I ran into these bandits:

Did I wrestle all of them? YOU KNOW IT, BROTHER.

edit: Although in hindsight, I really should have grabbed that cage. HE'S GOT THE ZINC CAGE!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: November 16, 2014, 06:46:29 pm »

Just had a riveting conversation with a bat man. He talked about fish. That's all he'll talk about. Wow.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: November 16, 2014, 08:41:59 pm »

Decided to gen the new world for a speardwarf with something along the lines of mega 66/semi 545/titan 44/demon 55/night trolls 484/vampire 111/werebeast 258. He started at a hillock beneath the gold mountain range in northwest corner of the map. First encounter had a nice Kill Bill quality.

Afterwards I spammed beast queries at various hillocks/hamlets and found quite a few titans were one days travel north.

Had both companions stay put then ventured in. In the first encounter there was Titan P, made from diamond. Later it was discovered that Titan P had struck down titan Q for unknown reasons. Ventured west and found titan S who was just a some sort of damage sponge.
Skipped the relatively harmless titan I to sneak around and collect armor, which is what it seems shrines exist for. There were four dangerous titans that were avoided. Two with web and two with fire.

So the haul was 3 dead titans, and full armor albeit of hodgepodge metals, and armor skill up from skilled to proficient, spear from novice to competent. I don't see much of a reason to clear out all the killable titans as I'll likely have a few other adventurers venture up to this armor depot.

ToXey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:58 am »

I modded the RAWs. I'm currently figuring out how to escape a house as a muskox, without any grasp or door opening ability.
*edit* found the travel screen, now it is fixed
*edit* I made a campfire with my bare hooves.
*edit* and jumping works
*edit* starve or jump, that is the question
*edit* I couldn't enter the tower so I jumped from a small ledge in the terrain instead. Done it five times at least. Still not dead.
*edit* finally, and legends said he was a Muskox born of destiny

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:41:45 am by ToXey »
-I slew Zolak! -It was inevitable.
-Any troubles? -Bandit Zolak is harassing our hamlet!
-Tell me about Zolak. -Zolak is dead.
-What do you think about me? -You are killer. You are also unhinged. You have perpetrated a violent attack upon Zolak.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:37 pm »

Turns out the demon in the goblin capital that I'm ransacking is a fire breather, nope, not dealing with that. I wonder if I kill enough goblin guards and stuff, they'll vacate?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: November 17, 2014, 03:27:12 pm »

Is it possible for me to entirely exterminate a race? I'd do it early in the game while pops are low, but I'd really like to see what a world with no meaningful human presence. Normally I'd just mod them out, but I want to try something different this time.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: November 17, 2014, 03:51:33 pm »

Is it possible for me to entirely exterminate a race? I'd do it early in the game while pops are low, but I'd really like to see what a world with no meaningful human presence. Normally I'd just mod them out, but I want to try something different this time.
Theoretically you could wipe out every human civ in existence, but I don't think that'd kill them all. I once had a world in which all Dwarf and Elf civilizations had been killed, but many lived as Goblin prisoners. The humans were alive but confined to only a single town on the edge of a Goblin empire. Regrettably, I lost that save from corruption. Anyway, I could have easily wiped out that town. If they've spread out, it'll probably be harder. Good luck with your genocide!
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: November 18, 2014, 12:50:56 am »

My God, I've really crossed the moral event horizon here, haven't I?

An XML dump showed that there are about 500 humans in the world. Still about double the number of dwarves, and roughly on par with the elves. Goblins outnumber everyone else combined. But anyway, these 500 humans were spread out in 5 hamlets surrounding a single market town. These hamlets were my first targets. The first, Angellances, had only 20 residents. The next, Coldhammers, had nearly 80. The third was Waterhearth, with 50 residents. Fourth is Shellabbey, with about 60. The fifth, called Peakslipped, is 90 strong. The rest live in the market town.

I gathered a group of dwarven soldiers, and set off to do our work. Angellances and Waterhearth were first, and I managed to destroy both villages in a single day. The next morning, we attacked Coldhammers. I logged in the middle of the fighting there. The peasants are actually really tough, and are able to use their various knives to deadly effect. The preponderance of woodcutters is slowing our advance as well. I've lost 7 of my 12 followers already (albeit they were the worst armored of the bunch.)

Anyway, all told we're about a quarter of the way there. I expect serious resistance when we reach the market town, but until then I don't expect any problems. If we keep up our momentum, the hamlets will be cleared in 3 days. The entire campaign will probably take 4 or 5. From then I can hunt down any stragglers, and the three or four army groups that are out and about. I imagine they'll return when their homes are threatened.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 1104