Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093870 times)

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6615 on: August 28, 2014, 01:00:12 pm »

I finally decided to start a new character. I'm going to save as much as possible on this one so I lose minimal progress when it inevitably crashes. I decided to ask the lord of this human hamlet (who is a goblin but nobody seems to mind) about all the troubles they've been having. He listed some "criminals" several days of travel away (I assume they were just other towns he didn't like) and lots of beasts, which were anything from dragons and hydras with thousands of kills to a leopard that annoyed someone and never harmed anyone. I realized that the goblin wasn't paying full attention to me. He was having conversations with his guards in between sentences. I guess I'm not as important as I thought.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: August 28, 2014, 04:48:21 pm »

Just lost HOURS of adv mode gameplay due to the game freezing in a dark towers area and right when all of the goblins at the top try to dive for the exit.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: August 28, 2014, 04:54:59 pm »

Started a new adventure with a dwarf character, something I've never done before. It took me about 2 real life hours to find a way out of the sprawling fortress that he spawned in. To adventure!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: August 28, 2014, 09:42:23 pm »

asdfghjk

A demon lord knocked me unconscoious from pain and now I have to wait through the lag until I get out from the pain. Meanwhile, the demon lord is being an utter fail by repeatedly striking me in the head with his human tooth ring, but it keeps getting deflected by my iron helm.....

Due to lag, this is going to take a VERY long time.............................

EDIT: ARG! GET FREAKING DISTRACTED BY TROLLS OR GET BORED OR SOMETHING DANGIT DEMON! $&%^(*^&
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:47:50 pm by smjjames »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: August 29, 2014, 01:51:47 am »

If you hear about an enemy army on the march to a fortress, don't spend the night in that fortress. I was awoken right when the enemy army began its invasion and I died rather quickly.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: August 29, 2014, 06:31:38 pm »

Started an dwarven adventurer, and had the usual difficulty of escaping the mountain halls. Though it's quite a bit easier now that I can use DFHack's reveal script.

I asked about any troubles in the area, but was only told of a jabberer that lives in a lair across the ocean. So I went to a nearby Dark Pit and started slaughtering everyone there instead, as genocide took much less effort.

I killed quite a few of the goblins, with some fleeing and others charging me. The only notable goblin among them was the lady of the pits. The only other creatures were the tons of trolls and ogres in a shearing pit, meandering amongst quite a few goblin corpses. Presumably the corpses were there to be tossed into the garbage pits leading down into the caverns. Sadly, the trolls and ogres didn't really do anything unless attacked. Some panicked, while most just stood and watched as I killed others around them, though those I directly attacked would attempt to fight back. I didn't get them all, as it was lagging a bit too much for me, so I travelled South.

I visited only one hamlet, and it was completely empty from what I could see. Every house was marked as abandoned, and there was no-one within the mead-hall. Not a particularly decent hall either, as it was only two rooms, and the only loot was a single bronze shield within an unremarkable bag. But I kept going South, towards my goal: a necromancer's tower.

The zombies turned on their masters, as usual. I actually had to use DFHack's exterminate script to get them all. I killed only three or four, but that was still a pain to accomplish. There were almost one-hundred and fifty undead within the tower. One of the necros had some bone jewellery on him though, made of leopard, jaguar, and elf bones/teeth. I became a necromancer myself, and attempted to claim the site as my own. It seemed to work, though there was no pop-up or announcement or anything. I was capable of retiring at the tower, and Legends Mode makes reference to my lordship.

The world will remember Kogan Goldbear the Glad Distraction of Violence, I guess. He's no Goden. Not yet, anyways. I wonder what the AI will make him do.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: August 29, 2014, 11:34:12 pm »

The aftermath of a brutal dark gnome-goblin tribe war. Only few of our numbers remain. Please !!sponsor!! a starving gnome by calling:
1300-ARMOK.

(P.S: Not sure if this's the right place to post it in, but I played as one or two of 'em so close enough I guess.)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »

On our travel toward a lair that is home to some evil version of a dingo, my character and his 3 companions were attacked during out sleep by a night creature named " The Bleak Freak Bride Pikeman "

After a very bad start in which i started to think this was going to be the end of my character after the horrible thing grabbed me and threw me at several tiles of distance, keeping my quiver full of my bolts in the hand.

Notice how my pointy ears friend canibalism skills comes in handy.

Fortunately we managed to kill that thing.

Then after finishing the sleep, on the morning i hear a dialogue between my 3 allies

"servant of disease"
Hmm, i'm starting to get suspicious of that Hammerman.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:10:41 pm by Robsoie »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: August 31, 2014, 04:31:48 pm »

For the first time ever I successfully made an adventurer, went on a few quests, lived longer than a month, and retired safe and happy.

Usually they die horribly within a week.

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: August 31, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »

I made a lasher, and recruited some one for the first time. I'm looking for this bandit camp, when he(a crossbowman) drowns in the first river we get to.
I then proceed to a fortress, find a bunch of dwarves and humans at a trade depot, and throw a prepared lung at one of them. I forgot that I had my weapons drawn, and immediately entered lethal combat with all of them.
Then I died.
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: August 31, 2014, 06:32:53 pm »

Right now I'm on a continent that consists of several (almost 10!) necromancer kingdoms - necromancer towers that have taken control of all the surrounding towns and have been slowly driving humans towards local extinction. Of the remaining humans, most are part of the local goblin superpower or trading empires by the coast. The remaining free towns in the inland that have somehow escaped the necromancers all do most of their business in Spiderround, a goblin fortress that is one of the largest population centers in the world.

I have made it my mission to liberate all the necromancer held towns via conquering them into my group, the Angelic Band. Following this, I will conquer all the towers, and become a necromancer myself. Maybe after that I'll attempt a vault or retired to rule my new empire forever, idk.

Anyway, after conquering my first town, I have managed to wind up being chased around the map by giant lynch mobs of soldiers. I have no idea why this is, but it was probably inevitable. I got kind of wounded before I made it back to my lair and retired. I'll heal up, resupply and hopefully begin the next round of conquest in 2 weeks time after recruiting a large army from the remaining human civs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: August 31, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

My party decided to set one of the human town's castle as my base due to it being really small, i had already hunted many creature and moved the meats into the small castle there, kept to the vigilant eye of the Lady, the Law-Giver and the General. So i'll have food easy to find after each of my long expedition.

My current expedition was to a lair away in the east, followed by my 3 companions i entered in the dark corridor and was surprised to find not a night creature in there but a Cyclops :

I decided to train my marksdwarf skill on it

He avoided the 1st bolt, rotated but for reason i don't know decided to stay where he was, while my long lived character that explored most of the world with stealth on had by then "Great" ambusher, my NPC allies were very close to me, and as far as i know allies do not use stealth.
So i wonder if we get another reaction bug there, hopefully it will be fixed by the morale/courage fix that will be in the incoming 0.40.11.
But i shot the bugger again and again (missed many times, good i had refilled my quiver in a castle).

Then another shot managed to hit and the Cyclop fell

He lost consciousness temporarly after, and we all rushed for the kill.

After travelling for several days since the battle, he still have some broken toes (they were due to the fight with the night creature from my previous post), fortunately it does not prevent him to get a good fight.

edit : another lair was nearby, i decided to move there and encountered "The Wife of the Narrow Freak" !

She was very polite, trying to kill us , but politely.

Then after we spent a long time hammering the creature (night creatures do not feel pain from what i remember) , she decided to display her wrestling skills

That was really painful, to my surprise i was still alive when i went back to consciousness, i was in terrible pain (there was the "pain" status on my character) but next to me was the mangled corpse of the creature.
Strangely the log didn't catched it but one of my allies managed to kill the thing (unless it bled to death, can't say).

After travelling the long way back to the castle, i was healed fortunately (but still with a toe broken), i guess it was a good idea to have recuperation rather high
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:38:05 pm by Robsoie »

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: September 01, 2014, 10:00:01 am »

The wagon loses hold of the small mountain goat leather shoe.
      The wagon loses hold of the small llama wool sock.
The wagon loses hold of the small mountain goat leather shoe.
      The wagon loses hold of the small llama wool sock.
The flying bronze bolt strikes The wagon in the back and the severed part sails off in an arc!

(back, right rear wheel, left rear wheel are now missing.  The adamantine axe does nothing, alas, and I'm running out of bolts...)

Yup... it's official.  Even wagons wear socks!

What surprises me is that they wear _small_ socks.  There are dorf merchants, elf merchants, I think even human merchants running around this "suspended" reclaim fort, so I don't know if human wagons wear large socks.

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:40 am »

Oh, and here's the DWARF way to shoot a wagon to death:

The spinning bronze bow strikes The wagon in the front and the injured part is crushed!
                             The wagon has been shot and killed.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: September 01, 2014, 11:08:59 am »

I think the wagon's size is about 10,000 cm3, about 1/6 of an average dwarf's size.
So yeah, they'll most likely wear small socks. They shouldn't, though.
As for the size... I guess they're large platforms with wheels?
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1104