Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094070 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6510 on: August 02, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »

Does anybody know how to get rid of refugees who you've rescued from a town that's being attacked?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: August 02, 2014, 09:25:47 pm »

Does anybody know how to get rid of refugees who you've rescued from a town that's being attacked?

Magma.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: August 02, 2014, 09:31:18 pm »

How do you do that? I haven't managed to do that kind of thing yet.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: August 02, 2014, 10:36:26 pm »

Cranked up banditry on all the races so I could run into more types than just kobolds, goblins, and humans. Only to 10% each, but this appears to be enough to end the world.

Entire civs get taken over by bandits. They are friendly enough, at least. But they know absolutely nothing about the world, and everyone I ask says that they know of no-one who can direct me to locations or monsters.

So I killed them and took over their sites.

E: New adventure, new world. Went to a forest retreat. So many shaping trees. Nothing but shaping trees, and one single home tree.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least it looks like shaping trees are no longer filled with gems. Instead they have clothes. Some of which are referred to as 'grown'.

For some reason this includes 'grown' leather. A strange side-effect of allowing the elves to make more leather goods, I suppose.

E2: An elf just fell out of the top of the home tree and basically exploded. Said home tree is a massive palm tree that does not quite resemble a palm tree. I'll just chalk that up to 'elf magic'.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:55:12 am by BlackFlyme »

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: August 03, 2014, 02:06:10 am »

Cranked up banditry on all the races so I could run into more types than just kobolds, goblins, and humans. Only to 10% each, but this appears to be enough to end the world.

Entire civs get taken over by bandits. They are friendly enough, at least. But they know absolutely nothing about the world, and everyone I ask says that they know of no-one who can direct me to locations or monsters.

So I killed them and took over their sites.

E: New adventure, new world. Went to a forest retreat. So many shaping trees. Nothing but shaping trees, and one single home tree.

At least it looks like shaping trees are no longer filled with gems. Instead they have clothes. Some of which are referred to as 'grown'.

For some reason this includes 'grown' leather. A strange side-effect of allowing the elves to make more leather goods, I suppose.

E2: An elf just fell out of the top of the home tree and basically exploded. Said home tree is a massive palm tree that does not quite resemble a palm tree. I'll just chalk that up to 'elf magic'.

exploding elves: praise armok!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: August 03, 2014, 04:47:31 pm »

A mountain titan just shot a spray of webs at my adventurer who got caught...then the titan kicked me which sent my upper body flying off in an arc, was considered dead before my body landed.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Urist McMontesOca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: August 03, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »

All the dwarves at the hillocks keep talking me about Powerlashed, a fortress that people from various sites used to trade. So I decided to check it out. When I got there with Fast Travel the game stopped respoding.

Upon further investigation I discovered this from world_sites_and_pop.txt (exported from Legends Mode):

No wonder my computer stopped working.

Anyway, this world was generated in version 0.40.04, and I think I read about a bug like this being mentioned before, so hopefully this bug is now fixed... :S

Until then, I think I'm going to avoid that fortress like the plague.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: August 03, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »

All the dwarves at the hillocks keep talking me about Powerlashed, a fortress that people from various sites used to trade. So I decided to check it out. When I got there with Fast Travel the game stopped respoding.

Upon further investigation I discovered this from world_sites_and_pop.txt (exported from Legends Mode):

No wonder my computer stopped working.

Anyway, this world was generated in version 0.40.04, and I think I read about a bug like this being mentioned before, so hopefully this bug is now fixed... :S

Until then, I think I'm going to avoid that fortress like the plague.

and you thought catsplosions were bad

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: August 03, 2014, 07:42:02 pm »

Whoa, I just witnessed some kind of murder, possibly an insurrection.

When I had gone into the keep, I saw a corpse (which I assumed to be a vampire or something), very soon after when I started talking to the lord there, this ensued.

You: Greetings.  My name is Kamloc Wadeclaw.
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Ah, hello.  I'm Smoma Wiltedflung.  This servant of dreams greets you.
You: How's life here?
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Well, let's see...  we've got the army on the march, beasts, criminals, bandits and bone-chilling horror.
You: Tell me about the army on the march.
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: The army of Sino Soakedthinned is marching on Larkhelped!
You: Can you tell me the way to Larkhelped?
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Larkhelped is far to the north.  [You receive a detailed description.]  In the early spring of 237, the elf Rayali Dreambirds was struck down by the gloom hag Obi Twilightdusks the Sable Shade in Larkhelped.
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Well, let's see...  we've got beasts, criminals, bandits and bone-chilling horror.
You: Tell me about the beasts.
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Our people have been tormented by a fearsome foe.  Dungpuzzles is in The Prairie of Stroking.  Seek this place if you hunt Purog Muckthunders the Confusing Mysteries the minotaur.  This vile fiend has killed four in his lust for murder!
You: Can you tell me the way to Dungpuzzles?
first seer (to exalted wheel): Greetings Jathbi.
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Dungpuzzles is nearly a day's travel to the east.  [You receive a detailed description.]
first seer (to exalted wheel): Particular outlaws have been causing us much hardship.  They have a hamlet called Ancientseared somewhere in The Allied Hills.
The sacred bridge draws the iron slicing knife with her Left hand.
(This got my attention and I was like 'what did I do??', I didn't have weapons drawn either
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: Well, let's see...  we've got beasts, criminals, bandits and bone-chilling horror.
sacred bridge (to first twilight): Hello.  It is good to see you.  Praise be to Doto.
The sacred bridge slashes The first twilight in the left foot with her iron slicing knife, tearing apart the muscle through the sheep wool sandal!
CHILLING!
An artery has been opened by the attack and many nerves have been severed!
The iron slicing knife has lodged firmly in the wound!
The first twilight draws the copper boning knife with his Left hand.
You: Tell me about the beasts.
The sacred bridge pulls on the embedded iron slicing knife.
sacred bridge: I cannot just stand by.  There is no need to feel vengeful.
The sacred bridge slashes The first twilight in the right upper arm with her iron slicing knife, bruising the muscle through the sheep leather cloak!
Smoma Nathobasna, lord is no longer enraged.
The lord has become enraged!
Smoma Nathobasna, lord: A creature of the night has our people cowering in fear.  Fatedgraves the Urns of Dust is in The Prairie of Stroking.  Seek this place if you hunt Ngotol Murkgrave the Shady Umbra of Skulls the creature of shadow.  This vile fiend has killed five in his lust for murder!
(at this point, I'm realizing what's going on and I slowly back away)
The sacred bridge strikes at The first twilight but the shot is narrowly deflected by the copper boning knife!
sacred bridge (to first twilight): It is terrifying.
The sacred bridge strikes at The first twilight but the shot is deflected by the copper boning knife!
sacred bridge: In the midst of conflict...  I laugh in the face of death!
The sacred bridge stabs The first twilight in the upper body from behind with her iron slicing knife, bruising the muscle, fracturing the left false ribs and bruising the liver through the sheep leather cloak!
The first twilight gives in to pain.
The sacred bridge slashes The first twilight in the head from behind with her iron slicing knife, tearing apart the muscle, fracturing the skull through the hemp plant fiber hood!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The first twilight loses hold of the hemp plant fiber hood.
The first twilight loses hold of the rope reed fiber headscarf.
The first twilight loses hold of the copper boning knife.
The sacred bridge slashes The first twilight in the head from behind with her iron slicing knife and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Spinner has been struck down.

I don't know WHAT is going on, but this interaction is awesome in terms of the world being alive.

Edit: After that, she continued killing two more of the nobles there who were too scared to fight back, the other two still in this room in the keep are scared shitless. Meanwhile, I dropped some of my stuff since I was burdended down, just in case she decided to attack me, kept my weapons sheathed though......

I would LOVE for there to be a conversation option to ask what the hell is going on.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:48:44 pm by smjjames »

VarrgieCaelai

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: August 03, 2014, 07:54:29 pm »

I once decided to try to take over as many sites as I could, to create a mini empire. I came across a small town. Every building apart from the castle was abandoned. I decided to pay the castle a little visit.

About 200 amphibian men, goblin and reptile men overlords, captains and commanders were in a huge death battle. The lag was almost unbearable. The odd thing about it was the original residents of the castle were just chilling, and no one attacked me. Naturally, I decided to kill a few of em, and discovered slaughtering them was easier than a hot knife through butter. I slew half of them, grabbed a masterwork blowgun and walked away.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: August 03, 2014, 08:10:03 pm »

Looked a little more into this wierd murder case and some of the rumors say that a human attacked the person who slaughtered several more, the first corpse I saw, is apparently a kid O.o No werebeast curse that could have triggered it.....

Personally, I think she went crazy..... She also keeps running outside whenever I try to talk to her, might be because of the corpses though....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:12:55 pm by smjjames »

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: August 03, 2014, 11:34:51 pm »

Was conquering the world and purging it of megabeasts as a kobold, until the save broke, by which i mean i cant continue or it crashes. which is sad.

emir-the-crow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: August 04, 2014, 02:17:56 am »

I just finished what I'd like to call a pretty good run.
I made an adventurer on a remote island and while I was out adventuring, I was lucky enough to run into some zombie mercenaries beating the tar out of a vampire. I quickly dashed by the corpse and got a sip of the tainted blood and ran off with my new infinite vampire speed.
So with this small island, that has just one town (inhabited mostly by drunks) four camps, and two lairs, I decided to do some nice purging.

First, I went through the three of the four camps and killed all the gobbos there. I had a pretty nasty run in where I got shot multiple times by a crossbow gobbo, and I was just narrowly able to choke the bastard out and stab him in the skull. I came out of it with losing all use of my right arm and one of my fingers. So I went through the rest of this adventure being a southpaw vampy bent on purging the world of sinners.

The last camp I discovered was inhabited by a metric fuckton of zombies. I'm not even kidding. With my vampire extravision, I was able to see there was a legion of slavering zombie thugs. So it goes without saying I wasn't gonna put up with any of that. I got the hell out there and went into town to go through every tavern, hacking off the heads of drunkards.

So eventually I got bored of lording over all the terrified drunk people and swam through the ocean to get to the mainland. I saw there was a dark fortress to the east, so I patiently moved one tile at a time through the pits, enduring the slow as hell FPS.

When I made it to the fortress, I decided to poke around the prisons and found only one human child. "Okay", I thought. "It'd be pretty easy and fun to kill and eat this poor ten year old little kid".  But it'd be much more of a challenge to try and get her home, so I agreed to take her out of the fortress.

However, after farting around the prisons some more, I realized I was lost. I tried to help the kid get out of there, I really did but one of the gobbos shot her in the middle spine and crippled her, so she was just a real pain. I even realized after chatting with her and looking at my map that her "home" was a just another fucking dark fortress. So needless to say, I wasn't feeling like putting up with her shit anymore. I told her to wait somewhere so I could go quench my vampiric thirst with some troll blood, but the brat followed me anyways and saw me feeding. She got scared and decided she'd rather take her chances with the goblins than me. So I decided she wasn't worth the trouble, and retired out the fortress.

So I started back up, and headed into the fortress, this time going upstairs. I knew I was in store for a battle with a clown, but me, my iron scimitar, and my adept swordsman skill told me I had a pretty good chance. I approached the clown and tried maybe talking with it first, since this was my first face-to-face contact with one. Maybe it'd have me as a hearthsperson?

No, instead he punted my head across his throne room and brought my adventure to a close.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: August 04, 2014, 10:33:17 am »

Was trying a new adventurer in 40.06 to see if the broken emotion/reaction had been at least slightly improved by some of the bugfixes, and unfortunately no, still as broken/no challenge.

So with a companion i just decimated a complete bandit camp without any resistance or attempt to defend themselves (out of a guy that actually ran away from me when he saw me close)

After having killed the dozen of goblins from this camp, i greeted my companion that had ran away after the fleeing goblin, and just came back, his reply ...

"let's not hurt anybody"  ? ... after he helped kill everyone here ?
oh well, it's still broken but at least it wasn't the eternal "inevitable" reply :D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:23 am »

I've just discovered that apparently my latest adventurer wields long swords with multigrasp, and his description is 'isn't tall'. So, my adventurer is on the short side.

He wields battle axes single handed though.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1104