Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094280 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6420 on: July 27, 2014, 07:45:20 pm »

Let me tell you what's going on...public displays of disrespect to hearth-persons:

Head bumps are for love :P

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: July 27, 2014, 09:47:51 pm »

So I go into a goblin tower sometime before midnight. Oviously, I murder all the goblins in their sleep. Once I get to the top, there is the master, who is a demon. Anyways, he is unresponsive, so I attack him until his whole body is bruised. Then he breathes his extract on me, which I dodge, but it gets on him. He promptly freaks out and runs up and down the whole tower, breathing extract, which I don't understand. Then he hits me with it as he rushes through a door on my way down. It is blinding extract, so that explains it. He's running around because he's afraid of himself.

huehuehuehuehuehuehue

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: July 27, 2014, 09:56:02 pm »

I didn't realize it till now but I accidentally deleted the save with my adventurer that has 8,000+ kills :o all well it was inevitable.

Time to do it again in a new world. :D lets go for 20,000!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Krewl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: July 27, 2014, 10:08:11 pm »

My adventurer has just become a Lord Necromancer, best profession title ever. Now he's on his way to raid a valve with his army of undead woodland critters. Afterwards I will probably roam the land, letting my minions slaughter any innocent villagers foes that I stumble upon, raising a fearsome army of necks, heads, hands, arms and corpses. The Absolute Universe will tremble under the feet of Dolil Throwerhumor The Sepia Drinker of Slaughters!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:14:53 pm by Krewl »

Makiol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:44 am »

New version new hero.
Spawning in a city with a lots of abbandoned shop, playing in the world of the dragon, ready to start the great training to prepare my self to the great raid on the vault, swimming a lots to start getting up the first skil swimming. die freeze in a block of ice in a river with my super items founded in the abandoned shop :(

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: July 28, 2014, 08:19:58 am »

Using the new 40.05 and a new pocket world , i went to explore a nearby goblin site with the goal to go see if the dark fortress are still generating intense lag.

Noticing a tower, and found out that that tower wasn't slowing the game down (unlike my previous versions exploration) i decided to go in and found , out of the usual ramps going up, a stair going down.
How unusual as usually in those towers i can only go up.

I looked on the tower upper part and noticed there was absolutely no goblins there, probably explaining why no slowdown so far.

I then went down and explored some corridors with tons of doors leading in lots of empty rooms that i guess are supposed to be bedrooms, and found some stairs going down.

I went down again, and ran into a huge cavern that is a goblin burial site , lots of skeletons, burial slabs, etc...
There are a few very deep pits around that room, can't even see the bottom of them

I got out and resumed my long walk to the dark fortress itself.

I ran then near the dark fortress into 2 towers near to each other, both were filled with huge lots of goblins.
They didn't seemed to appreciate my coming, as they seems rather excited, i went stealth and moved a bit away only to see many of them running out of the tower, probably looking for me, i looked at a goblin and he was "no quarter" hinting at indeed they weren't willing to take me as a guest.

Slowdown was very noticable at that point, not yet unbearable lag at that point but still detrimental to fun.

Dialogue spam between goblins certainly didn't helped.
And when you climb, as you lose speed, you let goblins play multiple turns, and due to very lots of goblins being there, it's even more laggy.

I decided to move away of those 2 towers to regain a bit more performance as going too close was just calling for more slowness.

.. Only to run into another tower filled with tons of goblins. and seeing another tower at some distance from this one with more goblins... more dialogue spam and more lag.

After painful wait between turns, i finally reached the dark fortress, lag was still the same so i decided to give up here.

Oh well ... goblins site will really need to be renamed "lag sites" too bad so much fun potential is unplayable :(
I retired the guy and checked on legends what was in that location :
1 Dwarf
1 Mouse Monster
4951 goblins !
5254 trolls !

yeah, no wonder it's unplayable, and that on a pocket world.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: July 28, 2014, 09:26:47 am »

Whats going on in my adventure? Fighting off a Hoard of vampires, the world is infested with them, it's MADDNESS!
Well back to cleansing the world. The world is at year 2003 btw...

Edit: Just tried to play again and turned out my calender is super slow now? over population?
using 40.04 btw.

I may cancel the adventure and say the vamp overpop caused the world to blow up. LOL!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:31:48 am by Guylock »

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #6427 on: July 28, 2014, 09:33:59 am »

@Robsoie: There's a max population for towns and sites in the advanced worldgen, it may be worth it to turn that down?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: July 28, 2014, 10:42:19 am »

@Robsoie: There's a max population for towns and sites in the advanced worldgen, it may be worth it to turn that down?
In the raws for the goblin civilization, there is a line that goes like so:

[MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]

That might be a better number to lower, as it will only affect goblins and not everybody.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: July 28, 2014, 10:48:14 am »

Interesting, thanks.

On the worldgen , there is no cap setting for a site/town (i wish there was such setting, would solve so many of performance problem).
Meaning that even when playing with
SITE_CAP (max amount of sites after creation)
TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION (max world population)
TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER (amount of entities before history run)

You will always be at risk to see a goblin site to reproduce like rabbit and gain thousands of goblins while hammering other sites so their population stay very low, and making adventuring around their site unplayable.

So it looks like i will have to mod the raws in order to get around the goblin max pop setting.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: July 28, 2014, 10:49:46 am »

Whats going on in my adventure? Fighting off a Hoard of vampires, the world is infested with them, it's MADDNESS!

Edit: Just tried to play again and turned out my calender is super slow now? over population?
using 40.04 btw.

I may cancel the adventure and say the vamp overpop caused the world to blow up. LOL!
wait how did that happen" oh urist mcbloodsucker died in our water reserve and now everyone's a vampire which means we all suck at doing normal tasks. "
did a god get angry one day and curse loads of people?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: July 28, 2014, 02:15:03 pm »

I tried climbing down the wall of a temple that seemed a bit messed up, somehow lost my grip, fell, and unexpectedly there was lava. You can guess what happened.

Are those temples supposed to have lava? I think that's the first one I've seen that has lava. Although one of the civs dieties is a volcano goddess/god, so.....

Kind of screwed up in that there aren't really any access to the doors below.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: July 28, 2014, 02:49:08 pm »

using 40.04 btw.

wait how did that happen" oh urist mcbloodsucker died in our water reserve and now everyone's a vampire which means we all suck at doing normal tasks. "

I assume that's what happened.
The mega beasts however went extinct and the civs are in the golden age.
I didn't read all the legends, there was like 1 million + events on there. LMAO!

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: July 28, 2014, 02:59:31 pm »

using 40.04 btw.

I assume that's what happened.
The mega beasts however went extinct and the civs are in the golden age.
I didn't read all the legends, there was like 1 million + events on there. LMAO!
Wouldn't it be great if there was a TL;DR for Legends mode...
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:46 pm »

Rolled a Hero human swordsman whom was not locally important. Town was under attack by a couple of bandits when I started. Started with a silver greatsword and a copper shield. Ran to the mead hall to tell the local official and collect some warriors to help defend against the armed bandits. There was one dwarf crossbowman, and he didn't stick with me long, either. Needless to say I killed a bandit maceman whom was bludgeoning a townsman, and chased a swordman and murdered him too. He had a bronze longsword so I took that and that's now my weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1104