Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094745 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6270 on: July 18, 2014, 01:20:02 pm »

The fuck is a crundle? For some reason I always end up with adventurers who run off and attack crundles, and when I wanna brag about a titan I killed I have to scroll through two million crundle fights to find it.
It's a fatty, muscular animal that can feed entire fortresses with its delicious meat.
But they can swarm your fortress if you don't guard the cavern entrance.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: July 18, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »

The fuck is a crundle? For some reason I always end up with adventurers who run off and attack crundles, and when I wanna brag about a titan I killed I have to scroll through two million crundle fights to find it.
It's a fatty, muscular animal that can feed entire fortresses with its delicious meat.
But they can swarm your fortress if you don't guard the cavern entrance.
It's also a part of the human anatomy and references to it tend to provoke visceral reactions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: July 18, 2014, 04:14:29 pm »

You strike at The Maceman but the shot is deftly parried by the copper mace!
The Maceman misses You!
Pikeman: Death...  This cannot horrify me.
The Maceman attacks You but You jump away!
Boki Atrasiru, Maceman: Death is all around us.  This cannot horrify me.
Pikeman: Our time in The Portentous World is so brief...  This doesn't scare me.
You miss The Maceman!
The Maceman misses You!
Boki Atrasiru, Maceman: Can it all end so quickly?  This doesn't scare me.
Pikeman: Ishas Lilacglacier is dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
You strike at The Maceman but the shot is deftly parried by the copper mace!
The Maceman misses You!
You strike at The Maceman but the shot is deflected by the copper mace!
The Maceman misses You!
You grab The Maceman by the second toe, left foot from the side with your left upper arm!
You punch The Maceman in the right lower leg from the side with your right hand, bruising the bone!
The Maceman misses You!
Boki Atrasiru, Maceman: Se¤am Crimsonembraced the Armored Gallery of Spooning killed Ishas Lilacglacier.  I'm a little angry.
Pikeman: Se¤am Crimsonembraced the Armored Gallery of Spooning killed Ishas Lilacglacier.  I'm a little angry.
The Maceman bashes You in the right hand with her copper mace and the injured part is crushed!
You lose hold of the +®+iron two-handed sword+¯+.
You give in to pain.
You fall over.
The Maceman breaks the grip of Your left upper arm from The Maceman's second toe, left foot!
The Maceman bashes You in the head with her copper mace, bruising the muscle and fracturing the skull through the +®+iron helm+¯+!
The Maceman punches You in the head with her left hand, but the attack is deflected by Your +®+iron helm+¯+!
Boki Atrasiru, Maceman: Ishas Lilacglacier is really dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
The Maceman bashes You in the head with her copper mace, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The copper mace has lodged firmly in the wound!
You have been struck down.
The Pikeman stands up.

Dangit! That was the adventurer I was trying to make uber and I was attacking some bandits harrassing a town, not sure what exactly I did wrong, maybe I forgot to change the combat preferences back.

At least I know roughly where I died and it's in a hamlet, so it'll be easier for my next one to find so I can get the gear.

Florp Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: July 18, 2014, 05:20:43 pm »

It turns out jumping into enemies at maximum speed is rather effective. It sends them flying, often damaging them as they skid along.

I used this to my advantage by leaping into a pack of hungry dogs, body slamming 3 of them at once, and then subsequently tearing off their tails with my teeth. I can play the biting game too, fools!!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: July 18, 2014, 05:26:12 pm »

fun fact combine this with minecarts and you get a deadly mix of being able to jump out of  harms way, and a moving bullet.

also learn that you can save yourself in a minecart crash by grabbing onto the walls.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: July 18, 2014, 06:37:37 pm »

How do I tell my companions to stop fighting the enemies so that a few of them can get away to tell the tale so to speak? I told my one companion (the other two turned out to be traitors when I was getting at some eliete criminals in a temple) to yield, and he yielded, but went off after one of them anyway :P

Ah well, this camp has a big stash anyway.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: July 18, 2014, 06:47:18 pm »

Two groups now pay homage to groups controlled by me. The first one was instant submission and the second apparently took control of one of my strongholds after I went off to adventure but a quick chokehold showed him what was what.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: July 18, 2014, 07:24:55 pm »

How do I tell my companions to stop fighting the enemies so that a few of them can get away to tell the tale so to speak? I told my one companion (the other two turned out to be traitors when I was getting at some eliete criminals in a temple) to yield, and he yielded, but went off after one of them anyway :P

Ah well, this camp has a big stash anyway.

If you tell companions to yield, it means they're yielding to you, probably because you attacked an innocent* and caused your companions to become hostile.

*NPCs are surprisingly generous as to who counts as innocent
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: July 18, 2014, 07:45:37 pm »

Segmentation Fault. First one in 40.03 actually. Still a bummer, right when I was going to wipe out a fortress for my recivilization project.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: July 18, 2014, 07:51:00 pm »

My necromancer vampire warlord has been going pretty well.  Too well, in fact.

My zombies finally started working as far as combat goes, they started attacking people.  I went to the elven capital and they suddenly went nuts, butchering everyone.  I led them to the market tree and we sent many souls to Arioch Ngathi the Sin of Oblivion, zombies tearing people apart and me wading through the chaos beheading the elves where they cowered.  I climbed trees and flung the elves from them, I forgot to burn the trees but I'll have to do that too at some point.  When they were all dead I stood in the center of the market and raised them all, an army of dismembered elf parts crawling through the town to kill and maim.

My guy's too good at this point, I don't know what else to really do with him within the constraints of the game as it is.  I can claim sites but it doesn't seem to register my holdings as part of a single entity.  Each town I have to claim and create a separate ruling group and as far as I can tell there's no way to place all of them into one unified civilization or kingdom, so I just have a bunch of hamlets all controlled by identical manor-level entities (The Back Empire of Anguish) all ruled by me.

Since my place doesn't register as a civilization I can't retire and make a new guy as my old guy's loyal death knight (I stole the slab from the necromancer tower and brought it to the seat of my kingdom, so if I did make a new guy I could easily make him a necromancer), there's not really anything strong enough to challenge me but not so strong I'd be afraid to try it.

My guy's a vampire and a necromancer.  He's immortal.  He doesn't have to eat or drink.  He doesn't feel pain.  He doesn't breathe.  He never gets tired.  He's so fast that no one capable of killing him could ever catch him, and no one incapable of killing him could ever get away.  He has a good sword and bow but he's so strong he doesn't need them, he can cave in your chest with his fist.

I feel like I've basically won the game as far as he goes.  There's nothing left to do with him.

I guess I'll retire him and play some dorf mode.  Maybe we'll get lucky with an artifact weapon he can then go plunder from the fortress.

Shoes...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: July 18, 2014, 08:02:35 pm »

My guy's a vampire and a necromancer.  He's immortal.  He doesn't have to eat or drink.  He doesn't feel pain.  He doesn't breathe.  He never gets tired.  He's so fast that no one capable of killing him could ever catch him, and no one incapable of killing him could ever get away.  He has a good sword and bow but he's so strong he doesn't need them, he can cave in your chest with his fist.

I feel like I've basically won the game as far as he goes.  There's nothing left to do with him.

I guess I'll retire him and play some dorf mode.  Maybe we'll get lucky with an artifact weapon he can then go plunder from the fortress.
I remember last version. I had mastered adventure mode. Every single character I made turned out like this, and I only stopped when there was no one left to kill. I was completely, utterly, unstoppable.

Then the new version came out. I was a noob again. I had no idea how to become strong like my old adventurers. The closest I came was one adventurer who got to Superior Swordsman. I began to favor kobolds, and I would just sneak around and steal stuff. My adventurers are weak, mere shadows of the heroes of old.

So how the hell did you get so strong? Tell me your secrets!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:44 pm »

Go into one of those vaults? I'm still trying to power up a character before I make him a vampire or necromancer.

I still haven't fully figured out how to make my character really uber yet with training.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: July 18, 2014, 08:12:36 pm »

Found an abandoned fort, and gave it a quick search.

A baron, a diplomat, and a small child were all that inhabited the site. It was largely empty, save for the arcane chair-forges and countless stone statues.

I dropped some gear at the entrance to the structure and made my way back to the hillocks to retire. I then attempted to reclaim the site in Dwarf mode, but that didn't go over too well. Some of the stuff I had left behind was gone, and the containers were empty. Strange, since leaving supplies had worked out well for me before. The surviving dwarves, once friendly to my adventurer, ambushed my starting seven.

So afterwards I unretired, and found that in the time between retiring and unretiring I had become the baron of the local area, somehow. May be related to the now dead baron of the old ruins. In another more humorous note, I looked up who became the new diplomat, in the absence of the insane one my expedition had to kill. It turned out to be the dwarf who helped another of my adventurers kill a mayor several weeks ago. I guess that mayor wasn't very popular.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:14:28 pm by BlackFlyme »

Anjovi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: July 18, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »

Nothing too interesting...went hungry & thirsty in the middle of no where with no clue what to do. Tried murdering my companion axewoman for food. Bloodied up on the ground i tried to yield, ending in alot of axe in me head.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: July 18, 2014, 08:42:38 pm »

It turns out jumping into enemies at maximum speed is rather effective. It sends them flying, often damaging them as they skid along.

I used this to my advantage by leaping into a pack of hungry dogs, body slamming 3 of them at once, and then subsequently tearing off their tails with my teeth. I can play the biting game too, fools!!

Strangely, this mostly does not initiate combat. Even if said body-slam sends them flying off the top of a tower. Which I investigated thoroughly on 30+ goblins. I wonder if heavier luggage increases the impact...
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1104