Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054488 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6225 on: July 16, 2014, 07:56:52 pm »

I has a story, pun intended.

Picture: Quistris, famous swordswoman, strides (sprints) into a newfound castle with the intent of screaming her newest accomplishments into the faces of all the residents. Upon charging inside, the first thing notices is dozens of cats. Dozens and dozens of cats. There is also a significant congregation of townsfolk, who are busily tripping and falling over all of the cats like some massive display of choreographed slapstick.

Quistris does not stop her forward movement, and immediately falls flat on her face over a cat one step inside the door. To complete her ignominy, the cat walks up to the swordswoman's face, and licks.

the cat hivemind grown stronger in the new patch.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: July 16, 2014, 08:06:09 pm »

Ustres Eaglecloudy set off for the Forest of Lashing to hunt in the name of his patron, Ngathi the Sin of Oblivion.

While passing through a hamlet and to make a gift for his goddess of an unsuspecting peasant, he found someone else on the hunt, a frog woman vampire.  He put an arrow in the creature's leg and, catching up to her, cut her throat.  One taste of the blood dripping from his blade and he was a more fitting servant of Ngathi than he could have imagined.  With the frog woman's heart as a trophy he moved on to the distant elven forests, hunting them down and collecting their ears. 

Soon his travels took him south towards human lands (the same human kingdom Kiros set out from in my previous post, if you read it), and he made his way through in similar style, feeding and murdering and collecting grisly tokens, an ear here, a skull there, a heart, a tongue, a finger, he took his time choosing.  To the west lived more elves, ruling over a former human kingdom, now a few dilapidated hamlets.  To the west of that, a necromancer's tower. 

After a few weeks' rest in the capital of the human kingdom, he set off to find the necromancers with two new friends.  These friends became the first warriors in his new army, and with them he stormed the first elven keep, butchering its inhabitants and adding them to his ranks.

Othdur Ņod, The Black Empire of Anguish will purge the elves and men alike in the name of Ngatha.

Dun dun dun!

I retired to see if I could start a new adventurer as a hearthsman of Ustres, but no luck.  Awesomely though, my new subjects are wandering the town like murderous undead townsfolk.

Not so awesomely they ambush me when I pass their asterisks, start to follow me, and ambush me again every time I move.  This could be awkward.
Shoes...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: July 16, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »

To make time move forward a bit, i decided to run a fortress for a few seasons, at some point i saw the message that we entered the Age of Goblins.

I retired my fortress and before unretiring my best adventurer i decided to give a look to the Legends and see what happened to lead into this.

Thinnedmerchant was the name of the 1st fortress i had made on that pocketworld, then retired very early to play with some adventurer and try to see if i could do some trading with the dwarves there.

So what happened is that an army of goblins just attacked my old fortress while i was playing another one and took over, murdering all the dwarves. As i had retired that fortress early, i can only think that "it was inevitable"

Now is a time for my adventurer to go recruit a war party and we will avenge my fallen dwarves, goblin heads will roll !
That new version is great, even better when it will have less bugs.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: July 16, 2014, 08:55:55 pm »

things go well for my adventurer. the lag has almost completely dissipated from the dark fortress, I was finally able to get in and kill the demon living there by cutting into his hands until he bled to death...would of been easier if he stopped running away and climbing walls.

WHEW 5 thousand+ kills xD
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: July 16, 2014, 08:58:30 pm »

Started as an elf. Weny to nearby hillocks. Seen that the mayor had a better weapon. Try to attack the mayor, but all blows from the wooden sword are deflected by his vastly superior wool cloak.

All nearby dwarves then start beating on the mayor.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: July 16, 2014, 09:09:44 pm »

Good news: I met an all knowing oracle.
Bad news: He's not great with names.

As a lord of about a dozen hamlets I am far too important to search for my own food and water. Instead whenever I'm hungry or thirsty I grab one of my subjects hack off his hand or arm depending on how hungry I am, butcher it for meat and fill my flask with his blood. I then demand he cease his foolish hostilities and he returns to his business.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:47:49 pm by Broseph Stalin »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: July 16, 2014, 09:40:34 pm »

Started as an elf. Weny to nearby hillocks. Seen that the mayor had a better weapon. Try to attack the mayor, but all blows from the wooden sword are deflected by his vastly superior wool cloak.

All nearby dwarves then start beating on the mayor.
Stabbing with wooden weapons is moderately effective. At least more so than slashing.
That's why elf spearmen are so hardcore.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:48 pm »

Just found something cool. I stumbled across a temple to a god of volcanoes and where most temples have little pools of water, this one had a pool of lava. For some reason I couldn't (l)ook down at the lava itself, so it just appeared to be a floor of empty space. In the interest of !!SCIENCE!! I jumped into the pool. The strange part was, despite swimming in the lava for a pretty long time and getting dozens of "you are caught in a pool of lava" messages, I never caught on fire and only my toe was melted.

I'd like to think that it was some kind of special lava used in the temple's rituals. Baptism by lava, anyone?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: July 16, 2014, 11:01:47 pm »

I have located a vault. my adventurer has lived long and has gained many kills. is time for my ultimate challenge. I'm not too worried. although this Jeweled destroyer sounds a bit...unnerving to me. wish me luck my mortals! it is time for my greatest adventurers death. ;D

edit: apparently you can jump through the vetrical bars
edit:VICTORY! I defeated them all slayed the mighty jeweled destroyer and got the slab, and two new fancy swords. :D sadly I already killed the demon of this world. xD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:28:01 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:53 pm »

Where did you find the vault? I've been trying to find one. I've tried going into the depths of a dark fortress but could never find a path to the deeper parts of the slade tower.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: July 16, 2014, 11:29:33 pm »

Just found something cool. I stumbled across a temple to a god of volcanoes and where most temples have little pools of water, this one had a pool of lava. For some reason I couldn't (l)ook down at the lava itself, so it just appeared to be a floor of empty space. In the interest of !!SCIENCE!! I jumped into the pool. The strange part was, despite swimming in the lava for a pretty long time and getting dozens of "you are caught in a pool of lava" messages, I never caught on fire and only my toe was melted.

I'd like to think that it was some kind of special lava used in the temple's rituals. Baptism by lava, anyone?

wow that is a nice detail
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:14 pm »

Hey guys, could you spoiler anything that's got to do with these new weird things like whatever the "vault" is? I'd really like to find it out for myself, and I'm sure other people feel the same. It only takes one button.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: July 16, 2014, 11:37:30 pm »

Where did you find the vault? I've been trying to find one. I've tried going into the depths of a dark fortress but could never find a path to the deeper parts of the slade tower.

Was traveling along and stumbled upon it. c: there not in dark fortresses though. its a site of its own.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:27 am »

Was traveling along and stumbled upon it. c: there not in dark fortresses though. its a site of its own.

Oh, I thought they were? I've hit an apparent dead end in my dark fortress exploration run anyway.

Also, I've tried changing the homeotherm temp of the trolls in an attempt to reduce the lag and it doesn't seem to have any effect at all for some reason.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: July 17, 2014, 01:09:13 am »

Started a game, gathered some equipment, started making my way toward a town. Start seeing oodles of bandit groups running in and out of hamlets. Having no armor skill I'm slow as balls, so I half-heartedly chase some around. Finally, the last guy in a group of them that I've chased and lost twice to their much higher speed finally stops, turns around and engages me shouting "This is a fight!" I was like, damn, that's cool. It's actually kinda realistic.

So we get to fightin'! This dwarf is horribly outclassed, and after a few bloodless exchanges, I open up his lower left arm, he dodges, and then I plunge my sword into his chest, through his ribs and a lung, dropping him at my feet. I had to take off his bismuth bronze helm, because my bronze longsword didn't have a prayer of decapitating him while it was on, given into pain or no.

As soon as I kill him I get a chorus of "Death...." Apparently the rest of his group, a pikedwarf, a hammerdwarf and a mace dwarf, all stopped to watch the fight but neglected to try and help him.

I stride up to them and declare that I'm the guy that just executed their friend. They seem unmoved. So I draw a bronze knife and hurl it a pikewoman.

It misses. But it definitely gets her attention. Before I can blink, she charges into me and slams me to the ground. Fiesty, this one. I stand, and we start trading blows. And she's good. Honestly, better than I am by a long shot. Every attack is deftly parried. Every promising strike dodged. Even simple, direct strikes have nothing on her. In between her own attacks she peppers me with punches that are mostly deflected by my armor. Still, I start to feel fear.

And that's when she cuts my left hand off.

Shieldless, I stagger. She probably smirks. So much for heroes. But now I'm angry. I rain blows down on her, my severed stump spraying blood. With the same methodical precision, she blunts all of my attacks with her pike or weaves around them like a snake. I start feeling faint. I realize if I don't do something soon, she'll simply wait for me to bleed to death, or I'll inevitably fail to dodge the strike with my name on it.

I charge into her with a yell. Her surprise is writ large on her face as I slam into her and we go down in a heap. But I'll I've done is made her cautious again. She's on her feet in a flash and lashes out at me with the pike, and I drunkenly roll out of the way in my heavy armor to my feet.

But instead of caution in her face, I see anger and I involuntarily smile as I rise. I've got her. She comes at me again and I plunge my longsword deep, deep into her guts. She vomits explosively and falls to her knees. I hack at both her hands, but my bronze longsword simply crushes them instead of sending them flying off to join my left. I stomp away in anger for a moment, robbed of my poetic justice, as she flops around on the ground bleeding and vomiting in half-consciousness. With a look at her two companions, I run back toward her and hurl my long sword with all my force at her. It shatters her skull and sits there, pinning her remains to the ground.

The other two didn't even really react as I cut them down.

Having played a lot of save scummed characters at this point, I've got say: combat is way more fun when you're a newb adventurer. If you spread your skill points around a bit, you can have some really fun, tense duels. Once you're beast in all your fighting skills, and you've got good weapons, most guys aren't really a challenge anymore, and lose limbs to your first attacks. Cutting down 5 guys in 5 actions is it's own kinda fun, but I think nothing beats two evenly matched opponents, or those epic comebacks.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:22:13 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1104