Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054407 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6210 on: July 16, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »

I'd say my favorite thing to do is to duel wield swords so that I can cut both hands off my enemies in on swift attack.

also my adventurer is up to four thousand four hundred thirty-seven notable kills. and still rising. xD I love this update so much.
How did you get that high? Peasant murder?
I killed just about all of the remaining humans and I am murdering all the inhabitants of a dark fortress that had ten thousand goblins in it (and twelve thousand trolls :o) I'm killing all the ones in the non-laggy zone and collecting their heads. xD
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: July 16, 2014, 03:09:36 pm »

I'd say my favorite thing to do is to duel wield swords so that I can cut both hands off my enemies in on swift attack.

also my adventurer is up to four thousand four hundred thirty-seven notable kills. and still rising. xD I love this update so much.
How did you get that high? Peasant murder?
I killed just about all of the remaining humans and I am murdering all the inhabitants of a dark fortress that had ten thousand goblins in it (and twelve thousand trolls :o) I'm killing all the ones in the non-laggy zone and collecting their heads. xD
Well, prepare for the lagstorm.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: July 16, 2014, 03:10:41 pm »

I want to visit a goblin fortress, heh.

Right now, trying to figure out how the hell I get my companion to equip a masterwork iron mace....... and the person is a macewoman.

Edit: She is still not wearing the armor I give her :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:13:27 pm by smjjames »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: July 16, 2014, 03:15:01 pm »

I want to visit a goblin fortress, heh.

Right now, trying to figure out how the hell I get my companion to equip a masterwork iron mace....... and the person is a macewoman.

Be warned I've had problems with the game when it would stop responding eternally when a large group of goblins would try to escape the little tower they were in.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: July 16, 2014, 03:16:10 pm »

Thanks for the warning.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: July 16, 2014, 03:29:42 pm »

I woke a lord, claimed the site for myself, and then silently killed him while his personal guard slept. I spirited away his belongings and corpse so it seemed like he'd just abandoned the place then butchered him for his skull and dumped the rest in the river. When I came back everyone greeted me as their new leader and nobody blamed me for killing him but there was a wrestler who I couldn't select for conversation standing where I did when I killed him. I thought it might be some form of the duplication glitch so I stabbed him in the throat. Turns out it was just a wrestler. I like to imagine my adventurer awkwardly explaining that he just stabbed a stranger because he thought it was himself.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: July 16, 2014, 04:05:46 pm »

Interesting behavior when befriending night creatures. They will only get along with other night creatures of the exact same type. I had two moon creatures and two horned creatures in my posse, and they duked it out until just one of the latter was left. Previous to that when I just had one moon creature in my party, I run into the second and he ambushes me out of fast travel mode. My moon guy runs at the other one like he's gonna fight it, but then switched sides when he reached him and decided he was gonna help fight me. I had to beat them both into submission and get them to yield, so I could convert them both at the same time and had no problems after that. That's probably why they lost the fight with the horned guys though.

And bringing one into a populated area results in massive quantities of carnage and confusion.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: July 16, 2014, 04:43:13 pm »

I woke a lord, claimed the site for myself, and then silently killed him while his personal guard slept. I spirited away his belongings and corpse so it seemed like he'd just abandoned the place then butchered him for his skull and dumped the rest in the river. When I came back everyone greeted me as their new leader and nobody blamed me for killing him but there was a wrestler who I couldn't select for conversation standing where I did when I killed him. I thought it might be some form of the duplication glitch so I stabbed him in the throat. Turns out it was just a wrestler. I like to imagine my adventurer awkwardly explaining that he just stabbed a stranger because he thought it was himself.

So... how did they know you claimed the site? D:
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: July 16, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »

You can't do that without dfhack.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: July 16, 2014, 05:27:05 pm »

You can trade with companions now, actually.

The problem is that they may not use what you give them. Or they may refuse to trade, in my case.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: July 16, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »

You can trade with companions now, actually.

The problem is that they may not use what you give them. Or they may refuse to trade, in my case.
That's the thing, they NEVER use what you give them. Or at least I haven't ever seen them do it or heard about it.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:58 pm »

Interesting behavior when befriending night creatures. They will only get along with other night creatures of the exact same type. I had two moon creatures and two horned creatures in my posse, and they duked it out until just one of the latter was left. Previous to that when I just had one moon creature in my party, I run into the second and he ambushes me out of fast travel mode. My moon guy runs at the other one like he's gonna fight it, but then switched sides when he reached him and decided he was gonna help fight me. I had to beat them both into submission and get them to yield, so I could convert them both at the same time and had no problems after that. That's probably why they lost the fight with the horned guys though.

And bringing one into a populated area results in massive quantities of carnage and confusion.

One or two of those night creatures might be helpful in clearing out this goblin dark fortress.

I want to get to the vault thingy.

Though it would also be helpful if fame was working correctly so that I could gather a small army.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:51:18 pm by smjjames »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: July 16, 2014, 07:04:09 pm »

That's the thing, they NEVER use what you give them. Or at least I haven't ever seen them do it or heard about it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It can happen, but their equipping priorities seem a bit off.

Handed my entire inventory over to see what would happen. She wouldn't wear the greaves I gave her, but was more than happy to wear the loincloth and two skirts I started with.

Also dropped a few items for some reason. My guess is lack of bag space, since all she had for storage was her quiver.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:40 pm »

fun fact about companions inventory you can give them anything if you add an item that they would accept, like say all your corpses and trophies if you add one coin or meat.
also that all this stuff is stored in hammerspace. Now I have no idea how to buy back the items from them but I guess if you sharpen enough rocks to masterpiece you could swap items out that way.

oh currently looking for a night creature to see if world gen would allow an adventurer to turn into one or get married that way.

So got myself a quest to clean out a goblin camp and when I got there this HULKING woman just runs in and murders a couple gobbo bandits.

learn something new night creatures might hunt out for justice as well.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: July 16, 2014, 07:48:58 pm »

I has a story, pun intended.

Picture: Quistris, famous swordswoman, strides (sprints) into a newfound castle with the intent of screaming her newest accomplishments into the faces of all the residents. Upon charging inside, the first thing She notices is dozens of cats. Dozens and dozens of cats. There is also a significant congregation of townsfolk, who are busily tripping and falling over all of the cats like some massive display of choreographed slapstick.

Quistris does not stop her forward movement, and immediately falls flat on her face over a cat one step inside the door. To complete her ignominy, the cat walks up to the swordswoman's face, and licks.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:03:04 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1104