Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2053511 times)

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6195 on: July 16, 2014, 10:19:30 am »

I'm enjoying the fact that my dark elven (specified by the game, I started in a dark pit) vampire, when at full sprint, can leap over small rivers in a single bound.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:28 am »

Wow, I've got to work out how the movement and everything works in this version, cause I REALLY want to be able to jump the rivers.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: July 16, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

FUN. I had only a few moments as intense as now, hacking through the slade fortress with my companions from underneath (going up was impossible without advfort).
There is advfort for the current version??
No, as far as I know it. Forgot to add that I'm still submerged in a long-lasting DF2012 adventure.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

blazing glory

« Reply #6198 on: July 16, 2014, 10:55:58 am »

I'm enjoying the fact that my dark elven (specified by the game, I started in a dark pit) vampire, when at full sprint, can leap over small rivers in a single bound.

Move speed affects jump distance? Gotta keep that in mind.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:49 am »

Move speed affects jump distance? Gotta keep that in mind.
It's pretty epic when you consider he's jumping over at least seven hippos as well.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: July 16, 2014, 11:07:02 am »

I wanted to see what I could do with non-lethal combat and demanding stuff so I made a character that had reasonable fighting skills and some social skills.

After demanding some items from someone I predictably got into a fist fight, but was outnumbered and the skills weren't enough to suffice in a group situation. Anyways they beat me unconscious, at which point they give up punching you, but they don't lose their anger towards you. So I was in a cycle of regaining consciousness, getting some hits in, then being knocked out again. That is until I gained conciousness and my enemies, having spent so much time beating me, were so exhausted that they passed out. Taking the opportunity I punched one in the neck until his spine broke then took off.

At no point were any of the willing to accept a yield or yield to me which I found amusing. You'd think their exhaustion or heavy bruises would make them want to accept a yield (or yield themselves). Even the poor dwarf with the broken spine wanted to keep on going. Though my adventurer also suffered a heavy wound to his liver and one of his eyes exploded into gore so the whole Non-lethal thing was quite deadly overall.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:22:29 am by Slogo »

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: July 16, 2014, 11:18:45 am »

They call me ile Kingsheen. And yes... I did drink the blood of a giant tiger.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: July 16, 2014, 11:30:47 am »

They call me ile Kingsheen. And yes... I did drink the blood of a giant tiger.

Best post? Best post.

Anyway, I wandered into a bandit camp, asked to be brought to their leader, and decapitated him in full daylight. I shouted that everyone must now yield, and the rest of the bandit camp immediately did so. All of them were completely unarmed.

Then, both of my companions, to my utter amusement horror, proceeded to massacre them all one by one. Guess we didn't have a consensus on the whole "yield" thing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: July 16, 2014, 01:41:21 pm »

I start as a hearthperson of the Poet of Paddling, in Brassnumber. Two other hearthpeople join me; Rimtar, a dwarven hammerman, and Nebo, a human macemen. They asked me to lead them to glory and death. The latter shouldn't be too hard. As we walk from the manor to the hamlet proper, I spot a bandit gang, composed of a hammerdwarf, spearman, and hammerman. I have a word with the  dwarf, and apparently he is heading to Doorfists for work. As they walk away, the spearman spits at his human companion and says, "I hate you." Huh. Well, off to an adventure! We will head north.

We arrive in the nearby hamlet, Savedholds, where I see another group. The swordsman, who appears to lead the group, tells me they are in search of adventure. Nebo also tells me of a bandit camp, so I suppose we will head there. Unfortunately, it is around the mouth of the valley, maybe a few days' travel from here. Surely there will be more excitement on the way, though. I find another group in Clobbermesh, hoping these are bandits. Nope. Another uneployed warrior party. I travel further northwest, talking to various groups. I spend the night in some northern village's mead hall, as it is dark out. We should reach the camp tomorrow. I manage to jump across a large river, and I can see the smoke of the camp in the distance. But... what's that? Some people are leaving the camp! Not all of them, as I soon find out. Most of them are sleeping, but there are a few wrestlers awake. They are fairly friendly, so I suppose I will just take some gear and leave. We leave, and a group ambushes us! But is it the grasshopper people or the travelling lord consort? Tune in next time for the answer! (Maybe in a few minutes.)

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: July 16, 2014, 01:49:43 pm »

That is just awesome
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: July 16, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »

I tried having someone guide me to the location of a hill titan, but she isn't actually guiding, just following me, I'm confused.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

A lone human swordsman tried to ambush me. I slashed his hands open with my two handed sword then put it away and stomped on him until anything that could be pulped was pulped. I stole his purse and sword and then believing him to have learned his lesson attempted to travel away only to be ambushed again. This time he wasn't hostile so I spoke to him and got him to agree to join me. I apparently impressed him with my robbery skills.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: July 16, 2014, 02:39:02 pm »

At no point were any of the willing to accept a yield or yield to me which I found amusing. You'd think their exhaustion or heavy bruises would make them want to accept a yield (or yield themselves). Even the poor dwarf with the broken spine wanted to keep on going. Though my adventurer also suffered a heavy wound to his liver and one of his eyes exploded into gore so the whole Non-lethal thing was quite deadly overall.
People act weirdly when you ask them to yield. Sometimes they do so without even having a single bruise, but sometimes they refuse and call you a coward despite missing several limbs, bleeding to death and having their throat cloven asunder.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: July 16, 2014, 02:57:24 pm »

I'd say my favorite thing to do is to duel wield swords so that I can cut both hands off my enemies in on swift attack.

also my adventurer is up to four thousand four hundred thirty-seven notable kills. and still rising. xD I love this update so much.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: July 16, 2014, 02:58:36 pm »

I'd say my favorite thing to do is to duel wield swords so that I can cut both hands off my enemies in on swift attack.

also my adventurer is up to four thousand four hundred thirty-seven notable kills. and still rising. xD I love this update so much.
How did you get that high? Peasant murder?
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1104