Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054413 times)

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5985 on: July 08, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »

I destroyed a group of bandits who were hiding in the forests outside my peaceful little town and when I stopped by a river on the way home, this happened when I entered the local level:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When I first got there, it was snowy and frozen, I took 1 step and that happened; there was a huge ball of fire and a bunch of smoke, and then the screen flashed and the world returned to normal, unfrozen and warm. O.o

Now we're all covered in sand and limestone.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:52:16 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: July 09, 2014, 02:44:49 am »

Spawned inside the dwarven fortress, a new demigod Axedwarf guard ready for duty. The floor was strangely empty. Climbed a row of stairs and went around the halls inspecting bedroom after bedroom, not a living soul to be found. Then I realized some commotion going on a bit to the west, so I went over there and found a bunch of fellow dwarves being assaulted by an overwhelming force of darkness. So I went around cleaving skulls and chopping necks, cleared the whole west wing of goblins but whenever I greeted one of my folk I was immediately received with hostilities, so I left.
After clearing two or three more rooms I decided I'd ask first and hack later for once. To my surprise I realized there was no assault taking place and both dwarf and goblin would greet me as long as I refrained from violent acts.
After a bit more exploration I found the (dwarven) Captain of the Guard and the (goblinish) Mayor. Sure I thought if I killed the mayor and claimed the site as mine at least some of my short, sturdy people would join me in freeing the fortress from the hands of those pesky, vile creatures. And then the game crashed.

Wish it would be stable for at least enough time for me to get a character dead/retired.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: July 09, 2014, 02:53:21 am »

I didn't think a dwarf could get drunk..... apparently they can, and the results are...... explosive.....

Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:41 am »

Had a nice and productive gossiping with the bandits while killing them.
They didn't even land a single attack.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: July 09, 2014, 08:58:23 am »

Been running a human peasant around looting fortresses and hamlet strongholds while I travel to what appears to be the human capital. Had a bunch of cool loot like various jewels and a randomly generated masterwork bronze pick by an unknown artisan. Had dual bronze scimitars and dual carving knives. Dual wielding attacks while sneaking appear effective.

Plot twist, the town appears inhabited with goblins. Who become aggressive as soon as they see me. Had a run in with a priest who stabbed my foot with a carving knife before I talked him down. Too late, damage done, now I need a crutch to walk. Going at a third of my normal speed now. Can't dual wield scimitars because of the crutch now, and can't stand up or climb without having the crutch out.

Guess I'm a crippled peasant thief now. Going down to a kobold cave now to see if I can loot from them or die gloriously.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:59 am »

Doop dee doo

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: July 09, 2014, 09:50:23 am »

I killed a forgotten beast with a copper spear.

I created a human outsider and spawned in a dwarven hillock.  I travelled around the surrounding countryside until I found a dwarf fortress, built into the foot of a mountain.  I noticed that the fortress was completely empty, no dwarves or items or anything.

After a while of navigating this vast maze of nothing, I opened a door and saw this guy:

Chilling in what I assumed was an empty bedroom.

Well, I happen to be in sneak mode.  My companion decides to greet the forgotten beast.  It gives no reply.  I think, "what the hell" and I greet the forgotten beast.  Still no reply.  That's when I decide to just start stabbing it in the head with my spear.  It just sits there and takes it as I stab it over and over.

Here is a screenshot of my inventory after the bloodbath.  Notice the utter lack of anything useful:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:53:21 am by Hamsmagoo »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:28 am »

I jumped into a well and drowned. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:13 am »

I found a small abandoned house in a town. 3x3, no structural damage.

I bought some furniture, now I can leave my stuff in my chest and sleep in my own house without having to ask permission to anyone.

Where did you buy the furniture?
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:05 am »

I found a small abandoned house in a town. 3x3, no structural damage.

I bought some furniture, now I can leave my stuff in my chest and sleep in my own house without having to ask permission to anyone.

Where did you buy the furniture?
A furniture store.

BE WARNED, THAT POST AND ALL BEFORE IT ARE HORRIBLY OUTDATED.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Wumpi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:51 am »

I spent 10 minutes looking for the entrance to an underground fortress. When I saw DOZENS of stray cats flooding out of a nearby 1 wide tunnel, I knew I had found it. Catsplosions are a serious issue folks. Please butcher your kittens today, to control the owner population.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: July 09, 2014, 11:55:46 am »

Looks like some fool was trying to herd cats and paid dearly for it.
« Reply #5997 on: July 09, 2014, 12:52:05 pm »

In trying to fit my character's background (an ardent worshipper of the god of war and rulership), I decided to start taking all the Elf lands around me. I noticed I could also ask people to be part of my hold as hearthpeople and such, and so I decided to be as cruel as possible. I waltzed into an elf treehouse, claimed it as mine, then the following transpired:

Code: [Select]
The Elf Bowyer stands up.
Elf Bowyer (to Elf Bowyer): The weather looks to be fine today.  It is cold.
Elf Bowyer (to Elf Bowyer): Goodbye.
You: I'm in charge of Cattempest now.  Make way for lord Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes and The Tactical Group!
Elf Child: That is terrible.
Elf Bowyer: That is terrible.
Elf Bowyer: I don't care one way or another.
Elf Bowyer: Just now, Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes claimed Cattempest in the name of The Tactical Group.
The Elf stands up.
The Spearman stands up.
Elf: Is this an attack?  What's going on?!
Mim Demam s, Spearman: A few minutes ago, Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes claimed Cattempest in the name of The Tactical Group.
The Spearman stands up.
You: That's terrific!
You: I would be honored if you would become a hearthperson.  Will you have me as lord?
Mim Demam s, Spearman: I cannot accept this honor.  I am sorry.
You: Greetings.  My name is Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes.  This servant of rulership greets you.
Nithe Iciteiwo, Elf Child: Hello, human.  I am Nithe Famousmaws.
You: I would be honored if you would become a hearthperson.  Will you have me as lord?
Nithe Iciteiwo, Elf Child: I cannot accept this honor.  I am sorry.
You slash The Elf Child in the lower body with your iron long sword, tearing apart the muscle through the small hemp plant fiber cloak and spilling his guts!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Mim Demam s, Spearman: I have a part in this.  This might require an answer.
You slash The Elf Child in the neck with your iron long sword, tearing apart the fat through the small hemp plant fiber cloak!
The iron long sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Spearman punches The Elf Child in the neck from the side with her right hand, bruising the fat through the small hemp plant fiber cloak!
The Spearman stabs The Elf Child in the upper body from the side with her iron spear, tearing the muscle, shattering the right false ribs and tearing the left lung through the small hemp plant fiber cloak!
A tendon in the right false ribs has been torn!
The Elf Child is having trouble breathing!
The iron spear has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Elf Child gives in to pain.
The Elf Child falls over.
You maintain possession of the iron long sword.
Tirin Sporrorith, Spearman: I have a part in this.  I will have my revenge.
The Spearman stabs The Elf Child in the head with her iron spear, tearing the muscle and fracturing the skull through the small cotton plant fiber hood!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
Elf Bowyer: I cannot just stand by.  There is no need to feel vengeful.
The Elf Child loses hold of the small cotton plant fiber hood.
The Elf Child loses hold of the small ramie plant fiber cap.
You stab The Elf Child in the head with your iron long sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Nithe Iciteiwo, Elf Child has been struck down.
Elf Bowyer: Has the tide turned?  I laugh in the face of death!
Tirin Sporrorith, Spearman: Death...  This is truly horrifying.
Mim Demam s, Spearman: Death...  The horror...
Elf Bowyer: I can't believe Nithe Famousmaws is dead.  Ah...  uh...
Elf Bowyer: Death...  This cannot horrify me.
Elf Bowyer: How fleeting life is...  This doesn't scare me.
You: Greetings.  My name is Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes.  Life is, in a word, rulership.
Elf Bowyer: Nithe Famousmaws is really dead.  Waaaaa...
Elf Bowyer: Nithe Famousmaws is really dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: Hello, human.  I am Vadane Masterpetal.  Let's not hurt anybody.
Elf Bowyer: Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes, slayer of Nithe Famousmaws.  I'm a little angry.
You: I'm in charge of Cattempest now.  Make way for lord Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes and The Tactical Group!
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: Death is all around us.  I am not upset by this.
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: That is terrible.
You: That's terrific!
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: I cannot just stand by.  There is no need to feel vengeful.
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: I cannot accept this honor.  I am sorry.
You slash The Elf Bowyer in the neck with your iron long sword, tearing apart the fat through the small rope reed fiber cloak!
The iron long sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
You grab The Elf Bowyer by the neck with your iron shield!
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: This is a fight!  I laugh in the face of death!
You grab The Elf Bowyer by the neck with your right upper arm!
You release the grip of Your right upper arm from The Elf Bowyer's neck.
You maintain possession of the iron long sword.
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer: So easily broken...  Begone fear!
You kick The Elf Bowyer in the neck with your left foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
The Elf Bowyer gives in to pain.
The Elf Bowyer loses hold of the small hemp plant fiber hood.
The Elf Bowyer loses hold of the small rope reed fiber cap.
You stab The Elf Bowyer in the head with your iron long sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Vadane Itheralˇceyi, Elf Bowyer has been struck down.
The Elf Clothier has become enraged!
Elf Bowyer: Death is all around us.  This cannot horrify me.
Elf Bowyer: Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes, slayer of Vadane Masterpetal.  I'm a little angry.
Elf Bowyer: Vadane Masterpetal is really dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
Elf Clothier: Gruesome wounds!  Begone fear!
You: Greetings.  My name is Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes.  Life is, in a word, rulership.
Elf Clothier: Gwargh!
You: You must yield!
Elf Clothier: You first, coward!
You: Greetings.  My name is Lurit Bedstuck the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes.  This servant of Tura Primereins greets you.
Elf Clothier: Gwargh!
Elf Clothier: Gladly.  I will be your hearthperson, lord.

And so begins the tyrannical rule or Lurit Bedstruck, the Mellow Cavern of Pastimes!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:54:26 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

Downloaded the new release, here's a quick summary of the first ten seconds.

Urist McAdventurer: I can climb!
Urist McAdventurer: Nevermind! *slams into ground*

whoops
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: July 09, 2014, 02:41:10 pm »

Remember - violently murdering anyone who doesn't take you to be their lord is the wisest thing to do.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1104