Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095108 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5670 on: February 10, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »

I like to give my children engraving duty. Let them scribble all over the walls, children love that shit and the dwarves at least think it looks better than bare walls. Sometimes, though, children put themselves in all the worst places by following their parents around so diligently. Like in front of ballista batteries, or goblin ambushes, or wild animals, or dangerous construction areas.

In my most recent adventures I concluded my turn for the museum succession game. The following paragraph(s) are actual spoilers in case you give a damn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:58 pm »

I am mining natural deposits of hippos with a bronze pickaxe.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: February 12, 2014, 06:18:54 pm »

I decided to mod dragons to be adventurers and various other things, so I started playing dragon adventurers.  It's great fun to roleplay being an actual dragon and looting every bit of gold and sparkly that comes across my path.  Doing this, I discovered two things.

One, there's some tag in the dragon raws I'm thinking that makes towns impossible to go into.  I can complete hamlet quests just fine, but once I hit a town, every merchant and their dog (literally) wants to beat me to death.  I discovered this in my current save, where I got a quest from a hamlet telling me to kill the vampire master in the nearby town.  As soon as I stepped into the town all the livestock tried to kill me, as well as the merchants in the open-air marketplace.  Set lots of things on fire, then I got into the actual keep.  Killed a LOT of various things there, the vampire I'd been assigned to kill was literally in the last room I found.  I went back to the hamlet to announce my success (and my genocide of all the other vampires/bandits/evil rodent people)...and every townsperson I talked to said "Don't talk to me" and then proceeded to attack me because I'd murdered the merchants who tried to murder me for no reason.  Hilariously, this inspired a loyalty cascade, where anyone I talked to who tried to kill me was immediately punched to death by the townspeople I hadn't talked to yet.  After getting a child punched to death I just lol'ed and left the hamlet, cause whatevs I'd looted the castle already.

This brought me to my second discovery - a necromancer's tower!  Sweet beans, I'll be a dragon necromancer, I thought.  Well after murdering my way through a ton of zombies, six or seven necromancers, and basically making the entire tower go up like a torch (there was a lot of fire), I grabbed like 50 books and hightailed it out.  I then looked through my books, finding at least five dealing with death in their titles.  Sweet!  I then read all books concerning the secrets of life and death...and remembered that as dragons don't have a max age, they're immortal, and that makes them immune to being necromancers, it appears, which means I just melted a lot of zombies for no good reason.

Also I lost the majority of the gold horde I'd acquired in looting the human castle in my storming of the tower and all the heat that resulted.  Sad.  I still have my gems, though...and a ton of necromancy books.  What to do...

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: February 13, 2014, 03:02:11 am »

Raws, find the files dealing with the secrets of life and death (I think it's a reaction?), remove the [REQUIRES_MORTAL] tag (iirc, it's been a while since I made the change in my own files)

Edit: yeah, I meant interaction not reaction.  It's been a while since I played around with the raws :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:57:25 am by Grombardrim »
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: February 13, 2014, 01:50:29 pm »

Raws, find the files dealing with the secrets of life and death (I think it's a reaction?), remove the [REQUIRES_MORTAL] tag (iirc, it's been a while since I made the change in my own files)

It's an interaction. The tags that determine if you can become one are

[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]

Which means that to become a necromancer you need to be able to speak, gain skills, and you must be a mortal.

But in vanilla the interactions to become a necromancer are randomly generated, and cannot be changed. Unless you mod in your own type of necromancy, of course.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: February 14, 2014, 03:00:44 am »

Well, most sentient races have the [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] tags (and I believe all semi-Megabeasts do too), so all that's required is to put a [MAXAGE:#:#] tag into the creature raws, thus making it mortal.

Unfortunately, you'll have to create a new world and find a new Necromancer tower to get this working.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: February 14, 2014, 07:54:34 am »

Well, most sentient races have the [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] tags (and I believe all semi-Megabeasts do too), so all that's required is to put a [MAXAGE:#:#] tag into the creature raws, thus making it mortal.

Unfortunately, you'll have to create a new world and find a new Necromancer tower to get this working.

Just put in a lifespan of a million years or something, effectively making it 'immortal' Also, I don't think a regen is required.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: February 14, 2014, 11:29:55 am »

Yeah, that's correct, you only need to regen if you modify the entity files, not the creature ones.  I'd forgotten about that.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: February 18, 2014, 12:30:05 pm »

Well a human caravan arrived outside my fort then shortly after a goblin abush happened next to said caravan. The result they humans slew the gobins, but not without casualties. The survivors were all struck with melancholy (including beast of burden) except for one water buffalo who went berserk. This resulted in job cancellation spam for my dwarves so I sent a dwarf to kill the berserk water buffalo. Killed the buffalo but the melancholy humans and draft animals were still spooking my dwarves so ordered them killed as well. A few made it off the map, and my fort fell a little while later from a goblin invasion. (had open a wall to replace a bridge that a tantruming dwarf destroyed effectivly cutting my fort in half) Well after the fort fell decided to snag what artifacts I could out of the fort in adventure mode. Get to the nearest hamlet to the fort and I find part of that caravan dead in side a few of the houses with a good chuck of there trade goods.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: February 18, 2014, 02:49:59 pm »

I started a action movie sequence by firing a crossbow into a crowd of bandits, killing the leader and piercing the lung of some other guy.

It ended with two swords in a lasher, one of my companions dead, a decapitated head rolling around and me training wrestling on a unconscious swordsman I took the sword from.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Rencini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: February 21, 2014, 06:43:48 pm »

I just found my first kobold camp in a cave and it leads right into the caverns (first time as well)! I got exited at the possibility of encountering the funny farm, bad thing is that it is a one way trip :(. I will have to jump from the steps to one z-level below (at least I got lucky with just one level, not 3 or 10). I will keep a mental note of this place and return to it to die a heroic death! On the upside, I managed to kill 100+ Kobolds without serious (a.k.a. permanent) injury and each one has an unique name, yay! Plus I managed to train lots of levels of swordsmanship, from talented (1+ proficient) to High Master! Only one more level until I reach legendary (never done legendary swordsmanship with vanilla game).

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: February 21, 2014, 10:31:09 pm »

actually, after high master comes grand master, then legendary.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: February 23, 2014, 04:36:27 am »

Antiurist was a descendant of the tree-hugging hippies.

He decided to raid a bandit camp with his maceman and axeman buddies - since the villagers asked nicely.
Alas, when they entered the camp the two buddies were quickly slaughtered.

And so our elf sneaked towards his first offer, a crossbowman unknowing of what was to soon befall him.

He leaped out of his sneaky posture comparable to any ninja, and started to sculpt a live sculpture out of the crossbowman with the dagger he had brought with him. (Because stick swords are awful.)
After finishing off his sculpture with a nice hole in the skull, the next logical step was of course to pick up the poor sod's crossbow and lob it at the chieftain of those silly brigands.

All I can say is that his brains leaked a bit afterwards, and the rest of the "bandits" didn't suffer a fate much better than the first sculpture.

oh_no

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: February 23, 2014, 11:28:55 am »

i want someone to get punched in the face, lost all his teeth, pick up the teeth and throw the teeth at the person who punched him.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: February 23, 2014, 12:30:22 pm »

If you have a fast character you can pretty easily do all these shenanigans by exploiting your free turns over the slower enemies.

oh_no
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1104