Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094895 times)

Drewigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5610 on: January 23, 2014, 10:53:45 pm »

1045 kills WOOT!
Strike the earth!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: January 24, 2014, 08:15:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stole spinach, mercilessly!!
That fucking monster deserves to die.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: January 25, 2014, 07:25:47 am »

So.  Built adventurer, created cheat code to get full set of adamantine equipment, am walking around happily.  Get attacked by bandits.  "What the hell, I have Adamantine Armor, they can't hurt me."

I failed to notice that their chief had a silver whip.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: January 25, 2014, 10:36:27 am »

I failed to notice that their chief had a silver whip.

Ooooh, that's gotta hurt.

Downloaded Wanderer's Friend/Blacksmith's Friend so I could turn all the crap in castles into useful stuff. Y'know, melt the silver down into figurines and jewelry, create STEEL, etc, etc...

Set up shop in an abandoned top floor and got to work. And the first figurine I make is...

Two humans, crafted of silver.

D'aw, love.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: January 25, 2014, 01:28:50 pm »

Yes.  It did indeed hurt.  I made a new version of that character (only better: pale pink skin, dark red hair, green eyes, absolutely no negative looks), spawned my full ☼adamantine armor☼, swam like a fish, threw mud like a Mudkip, got Legendary Thrower and Archer along with a high level of Swimmer, and then went to a dungeon to practice.  I found an Antwoman Worker, figured it'd be a good opportunity to train wrestling.  I grabbed her first upper right arm with my right hand, and pinched...

"The severed part flies off in an arc!"

Um...  Whoops?  Thinking that my left hand might not be as powerful, I try it again on the other side.

"The severed part flies off in an arc!
Antwoman Worker has bled to death!"
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: January 25, 2014, 05:10:52 pm »

So, I made a new guy. Larger than the average person, big and muscle-y, buff hair... he reminded me of this dude from my favorite books, especially because he made his own sword.

After a previous maceman retired in a shop, this guy set up blacksmith shop here and got to work. After a closet raiding trip, he had money to BURN. So he did just that and melted down some gold and silver. I made an iron sword with a golden handle. Then, to make it look more awesome, I affixed gold and silver spikes to the thing, to make it awesomer.

So then I went on an adventure, after killing an albatross and skinning it to make a lightweight leather shield. I killed some bandits, and later some dingoes attacked us.

After slaying the dingoes, I butchered a few of them. I carved one's bones into a figurine.

The other one's, I affixed its bones to my sword.

As spikes.

It's now known as "Boneclaimer" and from now on, any time I kill a beast I can butcher, from a measly hedgehog to a mighty dragon, I will affix its bones to my sword. Of awesomeness.

I drew a picture of it, too.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: January 26, 2014, 10:22:22 pm »

I have my first successful adventurer (successful as in he didn't die on his first mission.)  He is a demi-god human that wields a pike.  His first task was to kill a vampire hiding in a village.  I revealed him to the whole village and they proceeded to attack him.  The vampire, who was a cheese maker, proceeded to attack the villagers and my adventurer, injuring his foot.  Worried for my adventurers safety I had him back up a bit right as a farmer ended the vampire with an ax stroke to the head.  My adventurer was thirsty from the combat, so he drank some of the blood lying around.  It just happened to be the vampire's blood.  Then I remembered that drinking vampire blood turns people into vampires.  Sure enough my adventurer is now a vampire.  I hope that he he does well with his future tasks.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: January 27, 2014, 01:52:47 pm »

Nearly died.

From a random outlaw with a silver pike. Somehow the soft silver pike was able to rupture a Superior-Quality set of Iron Gauntlets, even with Legendary +++++ in Armor Use. Which severed my nerves in my dominant hand. Causing me to drop my Steel Battle Axe and I quickly retreated once I bashed the outlaw to death with one of my shields.

Apparently Spears have a huge critical hit bonus. Insane.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: January 27, 2014, 03:13:52 pm »

Holy mother of XP-farming!
I was checking out a cave to find a hydra when I came across an entire nation of hostile civilian kobolds. I started hammering away and got myself and my party of 6 through 20 or so zed-levels and around 100kills(for me only) when I noticed that I and the rest of my crew were pretty much bruised all over.
So I turned back to heal up before continuing the slaughter deeper through the underground and I realized that they RESPAWN!

What now? If ther is a way to the caverns I really want to find it but I will be bruised all over when I get there (they dont seem to be able to hurt me more without any weapons but I guess they can strike really lucky)

If I kill every single one will they stop respawning?

Maybe this time around I make my companions do all the fighting for some insane stat gains? I guess my 2 crossbomen are already good at hammering due to the lack of bolts

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: January 27, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »

I have my first successful adventurer (successful as in he didn't die on his first mission.)  He is a demi-god human that wields a pike.  His first task was to kill a vampire hiding in a village.  I revealed him to the whole village and they proceeded to attack him.  The vampire, who was a cheese maker, proceeded to attack the villagers and my adventurer, injuring his foot.  Worried for my adventurers safety I had him back up a bit right as a farmer ended the vampire with an ax stroke to the head.  My adventurer was thirsty from the combat, so he drank some of the blood lying around.  It just happened to be the vampire's blood.  Then I remembered that drinking vampire blood turns people into vampires.  Sure enough my adventurer is now a vampire.  I hope that he he does well with his future tasks.

Become a necromancer. Then you won't have to worry about saaahking random people's blaaaaahd.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: January 28, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

So, I'm dungeon crawling to locate a criminal mastermind spearman with my spearman. I reach his lair in the bowels of the dungeon, when I see he has...

A MASTERWORK.

silver...:-(

SPEAR.

I accidentally bruise my lower spine fighting him, and constantly pass out. Eventually, he dies due to the heroic efforts of my crossbowmen on the other end of the room, and I start going over to get his spear. Suddenly, I pass out, and "the bronze bolt is deflected by your rope reed fiber hood"!

CRAP.

The guy starts advancing toward me to break my face in, when my other crossbowmen run in and start killing him to defend me. I eventually wake up and claim the crime boss's spear, along with my old stuff as backups.

So I retire out of the dungeon, then tell everyone of my heroic efforts. I get more lord quests, and all goes well.

So later, I find 5 lairs and a camp all right next to each other. With a few companions, I run in and start beating up some night trolls...

When the neighbors; another night troll, a werebeast in human form, and one or two bandits show. I fight off ALL of them with my two spears alone. Ha ha.

Then I went to go kill some bandits. My crossbowman died fast, and I killed like 20 bandits with my own two hands. However, the only quest lords would give me was to kill a serpent woman in those sewers where I became crippled. So I retired, for good this time.

All in all, I had forty-seven kills, all historical figures.

I was respected for heroic acts by 3 civilizations, greatly respected by 3 more, a LEGENDARY HERO in the eyes of 11 civilizationsthat's ridiculous. that's not even funny., and an enemy of 3 other civilizations, all of whom had no one left in them, due to being bandits.

That is the awesomest thing I have ever done. I never had FUN, but that's OK because I had regular fun.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: January 31, 2014, 03:33:18 pm »

Nearly died.

From a random outlaw with a silver pike. Somehow the soft silver pike was able to rupture a Superior-Quality set of Iron Gauntlets, even with Legendary +++++ in Armor Use. Which severed my nerves in my dominant hand. Causing me to drop my Steel Battle Axe and I quickly retreated once I bashed the outlaw to death with one of my shields.

Apparently Spears have a huge critical hit bonus. Insane.

In the current version armor user doesn't affect the armor's defensive properties, it simply limits how much the armor slows you down.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: January 31, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

Playing in a modded df where the original members of my adventurer's civ all died off, but still playable as him since teh civ is alive, albeit with assimilated populations of humans and elves.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: January 31, 2014, 10:04:18 pm »

In the current version armor user doesn't affect the armor's defensive properties, it simply limits how much the armor slows you down.

Then I'm even further perplexed by this system.

Since I cannot hack through a small set of Iron Chainmail on a goblin with my Masterfully Crafted Iron War Axe, Legendary+++++ in Axe Wielding, Legendary+++++++++ in Fighting, and Superhuman Strength. I had to loot a Steel War Axe off of a Dwarf zombie to start being able to hit Goblins in the upper body with any kind of result.

On the other hand, a single copper bolt from a regular outlaw crossbowman can easily pierce my guts through a layer of Masterfully Chainmail Shirt under a set of Superior of Iron Platemail. I usually can dodge that kind of stuff, but when it hits it tears through my armor like tissue paper.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: February 01, 2014, 12:48:37 am »

An iron war axe wont penetrate iron armor successfully because the materials kind of "cancel each other out", so to speak. Only weapons with material properties superior to the material properties of a target's armor/tissue* will penetrate the armor/tissue successfully, otherwise the attack is converted to blunt damage. Basically, the defender always wins in a stalemate**, and skill of the user or wearer is not a factor in determining whether an attack penetrates armor/tissue layers. Since an axe's head has a pretty high surface area for the attacking edge, and the force is distributed across that larger area, it cannot do the considerable damage that a war hammer could do with its smaller edge when the axes' attack is converted to blunt damage. Bolts also have very small surface areas of attack, and a lot of force behind them, so they also do impressive damage even when they're striking a target with armor made of tougher stuff than they are, hence copper projectiles are still quite effective against iron-clad knights.

A silver pike (or spear) makes a good weapon against armored targets because the surface area of the attack is so small and the material it's made of (silver) has a very high density (which is important for blunt attacks). It's only twice that of a war hammer, or equal to a mace. (20)

*The shearing force attributes affect how effective an armor/tissue is against edged attacks, and MAX_EDGE that determines how effective materials are as edged weapons.
**ignoring the fact that they may take blunt damage from the impact, which can break bones if it's strong enough
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:53:46 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1104