Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094802 times)

blazing glory

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5565 on: November 24, 2013, 09:33:18 pm »

One of my better adventurers was storming a bandit camp with 2 others,things were going so well...then I got shot in the ankle. The bandit camp was in shambles so I tried to crawl away but the captain wouldn't leave me alone.At some point I lost my sword so I only had a shield alas after trying to crawl away and the captain exausting himself trying to get past my steel armor I passed out.when I waked up I was amazed that my brain was still intact,unfortunety both me lungs were damaged so I suffocated.

Doc Voston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: November 25, 2013, 01:54:16 pm »

Just created a new world with a lot of beast for fun, my first dummy dwarf is doing fine killed a bunch of werepeasants and then die, arrow in the head. Then i decide to look the legend, and here i found this werelf i killed before, his curse ? weremamouth ! now i'm checking the legend before killing each weremonster just to find an awesome curse like this one.
"I'll grind you into porridge!"

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:48 pm »

Started up a masterwork adventurer, a legion dwarf swordsman. Randomly got the name Takuth Slickgod, so I foresee some fun times with this dwarf.

To start the adventure off I went wandering between several legion fortresses to look for some metal armor. Two fortresses were bare bone establishments, with a couple guards and an empty building of statues, with no loot whatsoever. One of the forts surprised me; it had a local deity chilling out on the top floor, some sky giant or other pretending to be a god. He'd written two books, but nothing special, just a novel about a nearby forest and a documentary about the local legion dwarfs and their customs. I "borrowed" the book "The Forest of good Forever" to keep as a keepsake of my run-in with the deity. Maybe if I get really powerful I'll come overthrow the false idol.

The third fort had a jackpot of equipment: steel armor, steel mail armor, scaleplate and leather undergarments, various steel shields, swords, axes, even a couple steel picks. I imagine I'll be looting that fortress with any future adventurers, there's enough loot there for a long lineage of dudes.

After suiting up in full steel and arming myself with a steel zweihander and a shield, I set out with my axedwarf comrade, Stemel Searchbrimmed, whom I recruited from the starting town. She's interesting, when I met her she was already missing her left shin, and was crawling around on the ground. She refuses to use a crutch. I imagine she's leaning on the huge steel greataxe she's always wielding for support.

Went off on a quest to slay a giant lion, Searchbrimmed stole my kill. She may be missing a shin, but when she gets enraged she means business.

Wandered around a bit more, stopped by a cave and killed some giant beetles, got a quest to go to the local tower to kill a dwarven priest of evil. While heading out there we got ambushed by gargoyles and Searchbrimmed got decently beat up. She walked it off, but she dropped her greataxe in the fight and won't pick it back up. Currently stopping by the fort full of loot to drop off the greataxe before going on to the evil dwarven priest's tower.

Fun times all around.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: November 26, 2013, 04:03:09 am »

So my i think my adventurer is breaking the game he's a human but he was fighting a bunch of bogeymen and it said the dwarf vampire has gone into martial trance i was like what???

But anyways this has been the first adventurer in a while that has been successful which is usually a swordsman he has about 200 kills under his belt. The most notable being two titans, a ettin, and two Minotaur's one of which is the only thing that's managed to hurt me bad. My character accidentally became a vamp drank the wrong blood, but i was on my way back from a kill stopped by a village its night and i'm thirsty so i feed but i forget i'm not sneaking and they see me.

Now i'm on a pilgrimage north in hopes of finding people who aren't hostile, however before i left i visited the capital a ghost town filled with more lords then people it seemed. It was upon the lords i enacted revenge for me and the people of the town i knew the vamp had to be one them i had seen cultist's but now i couldn't ask who it was so i decided to destroy the whole corrupt council.

The slaughter was easy i was surprised to find the lawmaker was a reptile man don't how never seen that before. Now kobolds ambush me and run away when the see me its an interesting game.           

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:45:36 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Sean_Noy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: November 26, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »

My Dwarf vampire is essentially world famous after singlehandedly killing dozens of various vampires, werebeasts, and bandits, but he finally cemented his place as champion when he cleared out an entire nest of dragons by himself. He's killed so many monsters that the world has entered the Third Age of Legends. My next goal is to see if he can make it to the Golden Age

blazing glory

« Reply #5570 on: November 27, 2013, 01:00:27 am »

Thinking about doing a little roleplaying,say I become a werecreature right in front of the villagers I would have to fight my way out,then I would decide to take revenge...but killing villagers wouldn't be enough I would kill... the king! I would elect to become the most fearsome creature on the earth! :D

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: December 29, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

I decided to become an elven spearman and try to vanquish any crime on the little island that my civilization occupied. First was a werebeast that I took out with relative ease after recruiting a human maceman and two human bowmen (and it totally wasn't because we has still in human form). Afterwards we proceeded to hunt to down the petty bandit chiefs in the area. The first one we took on was swift and clean, killed a two human swordsmen and then the chief himself, with (by some miracle) no casualties. It was a greater miracle that there were no ranged troops there... Anyways, the second one we took one had a maceman and a swordsman on his little team, and they ganged up on my mace man, severing arteries in his heart. Luckily, as my maceman was falling and passing out, he managed to land a last blow on their maceman, knocking him down. Through all this, I honestly have no idea what my bowmen were doing, but it wasn't helping out. Although at the very start, they did injure another human swordsman that was coming towards me, causing him to flee. Maybe they were finish him off from a range? Well, after their maceman fell, I took a few strikes at his head and finished him up. Then their worn out swordsman fell to my spear as well. We when up to the heart of their camp which had a chest and a few sacks, which is when their leader finally appeared, who must've been taking a huge piss as we slaughtered his men. Well he came at us and the first thing he does is take some of the arrows my guys fired without really giving a shit, and as I engage him, he apparently severs every nerve in my left foot with one swing of his sword, and I desperately crawl away. He must like challenges, because he ignores me and goes for my men. I run to the chest and take a bronze breastplate to throw at him. Before I can throw it at him, I find out that my bowmen are better at beating the shit out of anything with their actual bows than they are at shooting arrows, as they proceed to bludgeon him to the point where he is falling in pain. Eventually I go to him and put my spear through numerous parts of his body before hitting his head. Anyway on the trip back night falls and the Webs of (some ominous name or whatever) ambush us and their leader attacks me as I crawl away like a child, where we proceeds to cut me everywhere until I bleed to death  :) I was hoping I'd make it a bit farther...
no one could have anticipated this

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: December 30, 2013, 12:22:12 am »

I decided to start another adventurer, a human spearman nicknamed "Yttrium." I went up to the closest villager I could find and spammed the service option until he gave the quest to kill the goblin that killed my last adventurer, and I was lucky enough to get it. So I recruit a team containing a pikeman and a bowman. I soon found how useless they were. Once we get there, I spot an archer and take some evasive maneuvers behind a hill, out of his sight. Their leader, who is a goblin hammerman, does not reveal himself until  he is literally a tile away from me. The fight goes pretty well, I stun one of his swordsmen and manage to land several hits on him. During all this, my rather incompetent team is doing who-knows-what in who-knows-where.

Here's where something rather strange happens... he strikes at me and I fly several tiles away. Now, the battle log never said he landed a single hit on me when that happened, so this means my competent dodging skills dictated that I jump so far away that once I fall a mere SINGLE z-level down, I become stunned. Luckily I get up once he approaches me, we engage in combat, and he lands a blow to my throat... the severed parts sail off in an arc.  :-\

another day, another adventurer
no one could have anticipated this

PABadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: January 01, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

After being intrigued by the "starting from the dawn of time" thread on the dwarf mode board, I am currently trying to do something similar; take a dwarf adventurer, go "scout" a location for a fortress (ideally leaving behind a pile of gear for the embark) and then working my way back to civilization. So far, I have had one dwarf marksman get killed by wolves (after having both hands get paralyzed, kicking two wolves to death, and dragging himself for the better part of a day through the badlands), so now I have to go and retrieve his body.

Kljunas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: January 01, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »

I just died to a massive ambush. It was a real battle between my undead minions and kobolds. Nearly 100 kobolds died until I was spotted and hit by arrows. I then crawled away from the battle but there were actually a lot more kobolds everywhere and I was killed pretty fast.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: January 01, 2014, 07:29:04 pm »

I just started a new adventurer... And my first quest? To kill the same vile kobold that killed my first adventurer on this world! Talk about revenge!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: January 01, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »

Just got back on my other computer, and made an adventurer. I died with my first few early on, but then
I used the crab training described on the wiki, where you find a crab and auto-wrestle it until you're a legendary fighter/wrestler, and begun questing. I slew lots of bandits, became world-renowned, and proceeded to travel to some elven villages when I spotted a bandit camp.

Who killed this guy?

Some lowly goblin spearman.

Darn that fellow.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: January 02, 2014, 12:36:31 am »

Don't mind me, I'm just testing out an undead creature of mine.

Did I remember to make other undead friendly towards it? I'd better go to an evil area and--

Oh Armok, zombified rhinos! NNNOOOOooooooooooooooooo...........!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: January 03, 2014, 09:12:39 pm »

At least it wasn't zombie whales.  Or zombie sperm whales.  Or zombie giant whales.  Or zombie giant sperm whales.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PABadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: January 03, 2014, 10:48:57 pm »

My companion just got one-shotted by a two humped camel.  :o
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 1104