Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094612 times)

gammaflux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5535 on: November 06, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »

Well I've decided to embark on a dangerous journey of taking on a local war gang single-handedly with only a copper two handed sword and three arrows.

And...

I killed the leader and stole a couple of his bolts to take out his archers. (I don't want any unfair deaths :P)

So I managed to take out a master lasher fairly easily (though he did put up quite a fight of blocking/parrying) and after taking out all the weak henchman I am now tasked with defeating the master swordsman. Which Swordsman is stronger? It's obvious that I have the clear advantage in speed but will he get a lucky hit in? I let him approach me and open up with a shot to his lower body. he parries and counterstrikes but I dodge. And then I slash him in the head instantly killing him. So much for a climactic battle. At least this means I'm almost finished with the whole island though :D

Sidenote: Do Legendary +6 or higher skill levels actually have any effect?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:05:59 pm by gammaflux »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: November 07, 2013, 12:29:11 am »

According to everything in memory, they do not, so a legendary +20 swordsman won't be any better off than a legendary +5 swordsman. Of course there's not much that's going to stop a legendary +5 everything warrior except a curse from the RNG. Or a mummy. Mummy curses give you a 20% chance to completely fail any given skill check as if you were a skillless coward, and even legendary +5 shield user and dodging won't save you if the curse kicks in on an enemy's attack.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:00 am »

might have been though luck XD

i enjoyed being a golf ball, i had already taken precautions by making a second adventurer, drinking her blood... as she was the last vampire on this side of the ocean

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:35 pm »

found a necromancer slab :)
now i feel bad that i butchered that dragon, sneaking is really OP fun, the dragon had 8 silver scimitars lodged in its belly. to fill up the empty lair, i placed the slab there... to generate more fun for new adventurers.

earlier: looking for the necromancer, for 2 ingame seasons... i gave up, random encounter yay!!!

nicked the slab, after realizing it was damn heavy, lets use it as a hammer!!! 5 hits XD

Duul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: November 09, 2013, 03:49:47 am »

I congratulate you Haspen, you have successfully interested me enough to make an account so I could tell you my wonderful tale. I have an adventurer named Niloth Kincrypts, who nobly started out as a Proficient Axeman with Superior Strength. I spawned in what appear to be a society where humans and goblins peacefully coexist (although the goblins seem to do all the dirty jobs), and, opon talking to the king, I was sent to kill a local commander. So I borrowed 25 lbs of fine iron plate from the blacksmith, rounded up 2 men, a human maceman and a goblin hammerman, and set off. It was a pretty long, uneventful trip, and the commander was pretty easy, but I ended up with a gaping spear-hole in my hand and mortal wounds for both my companions. I tried to rest, but I kept getting interrupted by Dingos, bandits, and bogeyman; so I was forced to cut my way back across the continent. In the process I tore up my arm, spine, leg and impaired my ability to grip, but it was all worth it, for somehow in the countless killings I had gotten a title and it was the most kickass one ever: Niloth Kincrypts the Short Breath. That's right, not only do I bury my own relatives, but apparently I also kill my enemies before they even have the chance to breath. Eventually I made it home as a Master Axeman with Superhuman Strength, Endurance, and Toughness, recruited 4 new recruits, and am currently on my way to kill a vampire with 127 kills.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: November 09, 2013, 07:12:56 pm »

Went to a Fortress, walked in, went up to the deity/minotaur/queen person, and immediately sliced her head off. With novice in my weapon's skill.
Is that normal, or am I exceptionally lucky?
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: November 09, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »

Just made an adventurer.

He was promptly headshot by a bandit crossbowman professional assassin. Usual, figures.

I made another guy to continue where he left off, by collecting his stuff. Took forever because bandits strip their prey naked then scatter their crap around, but I found most of his important crap. (exceptional quality copper boot and shirt, iron longsword, exceptional sheep wool hood...)

Then I realized, "oh crap, he's one of my infamous throwermen.".

Promptly attempted to assassinate a human civilization by finishing off the ransacked town Hiplock.

Made a big mistake when I climbed a turret tower.

My next guy will be a proper lasher who shall take the old guy's wallet and buy armour and a weapon.

EDIT: Just realized I used "crap" an excessive amount of times, lol
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:30:27 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:40 pm »

After hours of searching for a magma-proof bucket and then a magma temple, I discovered the hard way that you cannot carry magma with you like you can water. This is most disheartening.

Duul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:49 am »

I congratulate you Haspen, you have successfully interested me enough to make an account so I could tell you my wonderful tale. I have an adventurer named Niloth Kincrypts, who nobly started out as a Proficient Axeman with Superior Strength. I spawned in what appear to be a society where humans and goblins peacefully coexist (although the goblins seem to do all the dirty jobs), and, opon talking to the king, I was sent to kill a local commander. So I borrowed 25 lbs of fine iron plate from the blacksmith, rounded up 2 men, a human maceman and a goblin hammerman, and set off. It was a pretty long, uneventful trip, and the commander was pretty easy, but I ended up with a gaping spear-hole in my hand and mortal wounds for both my companions. I tried to rest, but I kept getting interrupted by Dingos, bandits, and bogeyman; so I was forced to cut my way back across the continent. In the process I tore up my arm, spine, leg and impaired my ability to grip, but it was all worth it, for somehow in the countless killings I had gotten a title and it was the most kickass one ever: Niloth Kincrypts the Short Breath. That's right, not only do I bury my own relatives, but apparently I also kill my enemies before they even have the chance to breath. Eventually I made it home as a Master Axeman with Superhuman Strength, Endurance, and Toughness, recruited 4 new recruits, and am currently on my way to kill a vampire with 127 kills.
Killed the vampire, all my companions died AGAIN, but it was worth it, for with my new vampire strength and speed I went on to kill hundreds of named goblins, 2 hydras, a dragon, a Tundra Titan (easy, made of steam), and a Taiga Titan (hard as shit, made of bismuth, but I actually punched it's arm off). On my way back to the city I worked for, I decided to visit the local church. It was filled with children, which seemed really weird until the local priest gave me this advice: 
"Yes, even for a moment, give yourself to children."
Promptly leaving the Catholic Church, I noticed the local law giver was a necromancer, who gave me an even better quote:
"Life is, in a word, death."
To clear up this paradox, I smashed his head in with my ☼Iron great axe☼, and reading his slab, I was now a necromancer! Unfortunately this particular law-giver was associated with almost evey major town near me, and so I was forced to flee to the North, where I now work for a human/dwarf fortress whose lady worships deformity and murder. On a more positive note, on the way to the fortress I raided a kobold horde and found a figurine of MYSELF carved in giant olm bone. Even more positive, my longest surviving companion (from the necromancer until now), a master pikeman and a servant of fire, was named in the attack. He is now known as Amost Godstruck the Awe-inspiring Directions.

Dozus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:47 pm »

Been super careful with my hammerman, Icop Fistcaves. After crushing a few naked vampires in caves, I recruited a band of soldiers from the local forts and went after some of the local bandit warlords. I let them do most of the work, sneaking and chucking crap at bandits in range, then popping out and hammering the leftovers. I'd go report the bandit's death, get another quest, recruit more soldiers, and repeat. This strategy of human shields distributed workload eventually earned her the nickname "Icop Fistcaves the Buff Sacrifice of Partners."

The nobles in the southern human civilization had a serious minotaur problem. Every quest I got was "Go and kill this horrible minotaur in a labyrinth five yards outside of town." By this point I was armored and armed enough to take down minotaurs myself, which led to fewer sacrificed partners. After growing tired of minotaur slayings, Icop's band wandered north and around a bay to another group of humans towns and forts.

After a few bandit-slaying quests, we explored the surrounding forts. Icop became an abolitionist, recruiting goblin prisoners into the band. We got jumped by a goblin warlord elite crossbowman, who had in his employ an elf swordmaster(!?) and a goblin hammer lord. The hammer lord was armed with a glorious masterwork silver warhammer, Icop's new signature weapon.

After slaying the bandit king, the nobles in surrounding cities kept sending us down into sewers to slay goblin or cave fish people vampires. We also happened upon a mummy tomb, wherein Icop was fortunate enough to behead the mummy with a nearby scimitar. Tired of wandering the sewers, now we had north to challenge the necromancer towers.

UPDATE: So, a warning on crossing rivers: make sure nothing aggressive is in there. Icop took one step into a river before crossing and a sturgeon popped up. She survived, but lost an arm and a leg. The sturgeon remains at large.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:41:37 pm by Dozus »

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: November 12, 2013, 03:46:49 pm »

Fuck sturgeons, I lost my most badass adventurer to one.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: November 12, 2013, 07:46:49 pm »

I have a better one, Duul.

So I was walking into a fort to recruit some meatshields/decoys to take down a Desert Titan that shoots webs, when Queen's Don't Try Suicide starts playing on Pandora. I don't think much of it until I talk to one of the soldiers and the first thing that comes out of his mouth is,

"Life is in, one word, suicide."

Stifling my laughter I recruit him and the nearby crossbowman, who ends the conversation with, "Remember, consider suicide."

They then procceded to drown themselves in the next river I found.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:06:07 pm by Beast Tamer »
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: November 13, 2013, 12:41:53 am »

AHAHAHAHA I forgot how fun this thing was. Just massacred a village with a fork.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:59 am »

Welp, I just died once again. How do I not die from hammermen?

Also, is quest pool civilization-wide? How do I become famous if they want nothing?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: November 13, 2013, 11:37:10 am »

So, I created new adventurer, and stumbled upon kobold cave.

Didn't expect kobolds to have such many medical professionals. Feel bad about hammering intellectual elite.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1104