Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094483 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5520 on: October 20, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »

Playing with reading being the only skill I have for a challenge, attacked by cheetah, my character kicks its head in instantly ( what?).
Code: [Select]
[BODY:SKULL]
[BP:SKULL:skull:STP]
[CONTYPE:HEAD]
[INTERNAL][SMALL]
[CATEGORY:SKULL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20] -- small until there's a notion of hollowness/etc.
This lets you make a totem out of the part.  The relationship between the skull and the brain is established within body detail plans or the creature itself.
[TOTEMABLE]

Skulls are very small, and very brittle because of it. Real easy to force the skull into the brain, and even a small bruise will cause the brain to shut down.

Whenever possible, aim for the head.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: October 21, 2013, 12:11:21 am »

evrytiem

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: October 21, 2013, 12:42:41 am »

It was getting dark and I tried to cross a river without putting the normal effort into finding a shallow spot.  By the time I realized the current was pulling me it was too late, I had already been pulled away from the climbable slopes.  I desperately swam against the current but it made no difference; me and my entire party fell down a waterfall and then drowned.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: October 21, 2013, 10:17:59 am »

I decided that my Dwarf Hammerer shall retire into doing what all Dwarves would love to do. Brewing! I've decided that I'd hunt a bunch of animals, butcher them, and sell them at a market, and get a bunch of monies.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #5524 on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I get my hands on this mother fucker...
EDIT-Sweet, Sweet Revenge. An eye for an eye. A jewel for a gem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LOL wow i need to try that mod. Now pick it up and use it to kill people.

I as a dwarf vampire who's finished several quests recruited 9 random humans like stonecrafters, farmers and a 1 or 2 actual trained soldiers and was ambushed by the Menace of Stalking A  group of ten heavily armed goblins. Before I even got a chance to reach melee seven of my guys were dead and the rest followed shortly afterwards.

When the dust cleared there were ten dead goblins 9 dead human and me with minor spinal injuries. It's corpse central, just as well they only got the bone. Recruiting untrained fodder is fun.

Ive never had even remotely as great an adventurer as this guy being a vampire is amazing, i have only savescumed twice vs an extremely irritating chieftess who was down a floor hatch with 3 other tough enemies and i kept repeatedly failing to hit her and dying. everything else has been killed in seconds by my iron axe.

EDIT: make that 16 goblins. i don't know how many are here. Its a field of death
Must be a grand sight 9 dead humans and 16 dead goblins almost all of whom have hacked off limbs or heads as I personally decapitated four goblins during the battle. Just lying outside to get filled with bugs and rotted by the sun. Sounds glorious. Armok will be well pleased by this offering.

Armok, god of blood and war
For you I slew goblins here violence to the fore.
Humans too did perish here.
Their blood upon the grass is clear.
To armok thee I offer this gore.

To Armok the god of yore.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:19:07 pm by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Sean_Noy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: October 29, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »

Yesterday, I got sent to dispatch a cave swallow woman. Having found her cave, I drew her out and tore her wings apart with my teeth. I then went into the cave, and stole her eggs. Later, an amphibian man vampire came out of nowhere and leapt to the swallow woman's defense, so I killed her and then dismembered him.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: October 30, 2013, 02:41:29 am »

On her way to make her name known through the world, Bodice Quaketruss (i was trying the "Language unlocked mod" to check how would all the characters and locations names turn out with it) decided to accept the request of the villagers to take out an outlaw that had his camp nearby.

She reached the camp and sneaking around with a good axe in her hands she found her target.
Slowly she was moving, ready to slay the outlaw at any time.

And ...

... well ... ok , let's report to the villager that it was a titanic battle :D

blazing glory

« Reply #5527 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03:29 am »

right now i'm a vampire prowling away from his home civ who is a expert warrior (not the skill level expert higher then that) i would like to say i was heading away because i was caught,but no after assaninating having several fierce battle's with bandit captains i was  dierected to a lord of a castle who asked me to go on sewer duty i found the sewer but after rummaging around for a while i left to find other quest's because the lord clammed up on other quest's.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: November 01, 2013, 03:59:18 pm »

I got a nice character running, that survived many quests and keep's dungeon exploring and had more than 20 notable kills .
I got a quest to seek a lord in a keep that wanted to talk to me, i went and he gave me the quest to kill a titan at some distance of the town, my first titan killing quest.

At that point, my character had enough fame to recruit many followers, i got probably more than 10 by then.
So leading my little army we went straight to the location of the quest.

But just before arriving, we were ambushed by goblins.
And it wasn't a simple goblin squad, but a whole army of them, never saw so many goblin ambushing any of my characters, i wonder if the size of my private army had to do with it, but it was quickly obvious the numbers were too much, my followers were falling one after another and the few kills we managed weren't pushing the scales into our favours.

At some point it was obvious this was going to end badly, so imitating an axeman of my group that just fled, i ran away the same, unfortunately 2 goblins were still following me, and a nasty wound from a previous quest that while healed was still impacting my speed, i couldn't run for too long before they reached me.

So i stopped, after all there were only 2 goblins, my characters was really good and had high axe and fighting skills, my trusty silver axe should defeat those in no time.

When the first goblin come to contact, SHIFT+A -> noticed the difficulty of each part were higher than usual, and so selected the only one that wasn't at difficult, the upper body.
Then ... hmm why is my axe not listed in my attack possibilities ?

I pressed escape and pressed I to check my inventory ... no axe ?
What , what happened to my axe i always had in my character hand ?

Hmm, looked at my character screen , just noticed he was bleeding, and looking deeper i saw that the hand ... was gone.

Huh ? damn, i didn't ever noticed in the hundred of announcement spam of the big battle that a goblin slashed that hand and the axe with it.

Too bad my character had terrible wrestling/kicking/etc skills, and so the 2 goblins then had an easy win.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:01:26 pm by Robsoie »

Drewigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Searching
« Reply #5529 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:16 am »

Looking for the vampire thats hard to find.
Strike the earth!

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: November 05, 2013, 10:59:51 am »

I've found a lizard monster that's pretending to be a god, but I can't seem to find a way to accuse him of that. He denies being a creature of the night!

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:06 am »

Creatures of Night and Demons aren't the same thing. Be warned that locals might not like if you attack the thing.
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Drewigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I killed the vampire
« Reply #5532 on: November 05, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »

I found and killed the sonofabitch named Zilar Glitterbodies and reported his death.
Strike the earth!

Drewigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: November 06, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »

I also became a vampire, got a quest for a bandit, murdered his minions, punched him to death, the end.
Strike the earth!

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: November 06, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »

just new:

my vampire women which was legendary in 3 fighting styles, and fighting itself
legendary in ambushing etc bla bla

killed a colossus etc, really tough etc

guess how i died?

random attack by goblins...
i got 1 shotted by a insanely strong hammer goblin that send me flying for 10 squares

3 square: left hand comes of
6 square: left foot comes of
8th square: random goblin standing in the way
10th square: air.... fell down 7 levels... into a river... on a place where a waterfall was... falls another 5 levels... head came off

goblin of doom, so much fun XD, i did not know that goblins ate mushrooms to become stronger
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1104