Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094487 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5505 on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:57 pm »

I just learned another new thing about DF yesterday.

I thought that fire only killed through bleeding caused by melting fat, and that if you successfully melt it all off without dying you would become fire-immune.

After fighting a dragon, I discovered that my assumption was wrong.

After I ran out of fat, I was informed that I was blistering. Which I guess was my skin and muscles beginning to burn. After a time I was informed that I was being incinerated, which I interpret as my very bones being warped by the heat. Then after a time I had outright melted.

But hey, I killed a dragon!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:28:55 pm by BlackFlyme »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: October 15, 2013, 09:55:55 pm »

That would be heat, not fire.  You where probably wearing something that was heated to scathing temperature by dragonfire or dragon blood.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:51 pm »

That would be heat, not fire.  You where probably wearing something that was heated to scathing temperature by dragonfire or dragon blood.

I went nude before attacking the dragon.

The grass tiles around me went up in flames with every step I took, even after I had killed the dragon, so I may have actually been on fire.

Dragons don't have a [FIXED_TEMP], and have a very high [SPEC_HEAT], so it wasn't caused by exposure to its corpse.

LittleQuick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:39 pm »

Well my party of companions won't let me kill anything thus far, but I just got a job from a Deity for the first time. Not sure what is in store but here we go!

Mrpoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: October 16, 2013, 03:53:42 pm »

Braving swarms of Dingoes to get back to town with my loot.
Bad Dwarf, Bad Dwarf, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the carp come for you?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #5510 on: October 17, 2013, 04:47:14 am »

Right now I'm just crossing mountains.

Mountains after mountains.

After mountains.

I did run across a bunch of dead kobolds, though. Didn't think to take a screenshot, but suffice it to say there were randomly hacked-to-pieces kobolds lying everywhere (or maybe torn to pieces?) and nothing else. I took my leave after making sure there were no Big Beasties around.

Seriously though there wasn't even any blood I don't know what to make of it
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: October 17, 2013, 05:00:52 am »

After much disappointment with giant cave spiders and bronze colossi, i was pleased to see that dragons make for decent adventurous monstrosities. You can torch townsfolk with impunity, those dead from fire don't count as killed by you.
"Oh, Bob just caught fire and died. Well, he always was kind of hot-headed."

Although attacking someone helps in collecting the people into larger clumps, for added torchification convenience. You can of course also tear everything apart with your claws - useful when confronted with soldiery, who seem to have >100% chance to block dragonfire - and the only thing you should fear are archers. Better edit in some grasps, though, otherwise you'll starve to death.

Mrpoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: October 17, 2013, 03:21:29 pm »

Just killed a Molemarian for a quest.
Bad Dwarf, Bad Dwarf, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the carp come for you?

LittleQuick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: October 17, 2013, 05:21:29 pm »

Killed my first Titan at a shrine. It was pretty epic since the day before we got revenge for my first character ever on this world. Fought a huge incampment with Human Leaders and a bunch of Goblins. So anywho, ventured to this Shrine, and this thing comes outta nowhere, shooting webs all over the place. My companions and I are just swimming in it. I finally backstroke my way out and circle around it. Just started hacking its arms off, and finally cutting the thing in two. Pretty epic, easiest Titan ever. I wish I looked at the description of it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: October 17, 2013, 07:04:50 pm »

Just came cross a temple with no entrance. It's not connected to any sewers or dungeons, either.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good thing I know how to use Advfort.

Though due to a modding mistake the roads and the castle are made from gems.

E: Apparently goblins had taken over the town in world-gen. Even though they are not hostile towards me, a lot of the goods I've been finding around town just scream "goblin ethics". Amphibian man meat, troll leather bracelets, etc.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:13:27 pm by BlackFlyme »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: October 18, 2013, 08:28:46 am »

I have become Armok, and have genocided every elf, and now I'm working on Humans. Dwarves, prepare yourselves.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

LittleQuick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: October 18, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »

The crew and I are crossing the southern mountains. They basically border most of the evil lands but also cut me off from a lot of the west side of the world. Going to explore as much as possible, first night no attacks. Got lucky. Making a ring of fire every night seems to help.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: October 18, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »

Better edit in some grasps, though, otherwise you'll starve to death.

how would I put in a grasp token? all I see in the raws with grasp is in the attack raws on a creature.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: October 18, 2013, 05:28:42 pm »

Better edit in some grasps, though, otherwise you'll starve to death.

how would I put in a grasp token? all I see in the raws with grasp is in the attack raws on a creature.

You want to check the body_default.txt file, not any of the creature raws.

Just add [GRASP] to [BODY:MOUTH] and never worry about being unable to hold things again.

Though it will be possible for there to be gloves in the world without a left/right modifier if you do this, which can be worn by the mouth.

Mrpoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: October 20, 2013, 05:48:12 pm »

Playing with reading being the only skill I have for a challenge, attacked by cheetah, my character kicks its head in instantly ( what?).
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1104