Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094419 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5490 on: September 12, 2013, 09:50:12 pm »

I just died to 3 bronze colossi: the Will of Irons, the Copper Powers, and the Turquoise Frenzy. That's three very identity-confused colossi.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: September 14, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

My adventurer and her army of companions have hacked zombies in the pyramid for all day and night (tombs in evil zones are FUN) and now rest in the shrine of some titan, while I do extensive research on werebeasts still left in the world. Next on the plan is visiting eastern part of the world to strangle bronze colossi...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: September 14, 2013, 04:53:57 pm »

Started a new crossbow wielding adventurer, and spawned in right next to a slab I had left behind with another adventurer. So I randomly wandered from place to place collecting the corpses of creatures slain by my adventurer, until I eventually came across a cave I had never visited before.

Within the cave was Emen, the Slate Gray demon, an enormous scaled panther! It chants ceaselessly and it's slate gray scales are jagged and overlapping! Emen was associated with persuasion and death! He had also done nothing in the 100 years he had sat in the cave of Keymines.

Edem used deadly spittle, but it missed!

Player used 'hide behind tree', it's super effective!

I then pelted him with rocks and stabbed him in the face when he got too close for comfort. Unfortunately, I discovered that his corpse couldn't be animated.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: September 14, 2013, 07:41:44 pm »

My current adventurer has decided they are going to collect the magical secrets of the world so that they can then be locked away for all time. After collecting the first of these secrets, he left to build a temporary storage area, as the slabs were far to heavy to carry with him.

After many nights of traveling, and a significant number of ambushes, he was finally getting close to the desired location. Within two days travel he would arrive, and claim the site where a future expedition would create a proper vault.

That is of course when he awoke to the horrifying sight of a Water Dragon closing in on him at startling speed. He was barely able to free himself of the magical slab's immense weight before it had started attacking. Several dodges and failed attacks later the beast was able to bite down on his torso with it's massive jaws. The adventurer was sure he would be ripped in half, but would not go down without at least taking the Dragon with him. He quickly lunged with his spear at the creatures tail, the only part he could get at effectively, and was able to chip a bone. The Water Dragon wretched in pain, releasing the Speardwarf, and collapsing upon the ground unconscious.

Surprised by how things went he nearly forgot to finish it off before heading out.

He has since reached his destination, but has been unable to set off for the other secrets of the world due to a seemingly endless number of Dingos that have attacked him almost every day. 

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: September 14, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »

Doing some tomb-robbing, I disturbed a mummy, who chased me out of the catacombs into the town above (I was sneaking so he didn't actually see me, but he followed me just the same.) I quick travelled to try and lose him - and it seemed to work.

I enter a shop to try and sell the loot, and the first thing I see is a wounded child. I think "that's odd," but pay him no other heed. Upon entering the shop's back room, however, I find the shopkeepers already engaged in a losing battle against the mummy and four zombies. Apparently they had teleported there when I fast travelled. I slew the lot, then sold the stolen (and presumably cursed) goods as fast as I could.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
« Reply #5495 on: September 15, 2013, 05:06:31 am »

Long time no see.

I opened up my old save with axedwarf. I spoke to someone, but then I wanted to see if I have any wounds or such, so after finishing the conversation I checked my description.

His tongue is gone.
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: September 15, 2013, 07:06:02 pm »

I strangled a hydra. That is all.

mcbucko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: September 16, 2013, 10:43:42 pm »

I came across an orc fortress commanded by a demon in disguise as a deity. To my surprise, there were a bunch of gnoll prisoners being kept there. I'd never actually seen prisoners before. After recruiting two of the orcs, I decided to instigate a jailbreak, grabbing every prisoner I could see. Thankfully the gnolls, once promised freedom, did not feel the need to turn on their former captors. So not only was I able to march the band out of the keep before the eyes of a false god, but the orcs themselves simply shrugged their shoulders and let us pass unchecked. I guess they were tired of feeding the bunch of mangy hyenas.

I dropped the gnolls back in the ruins of their raided village but they decided to move on rather than reestablish their homes in the shadow of the fortress.

Later my abolitionist was tackled to the ground and pincer punched through the skull by a giant crab. Shoulda attacked its weak point :/

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: September 17, 2013, 08:51:18 pm »

currently pick up a blood thirsty vampire and had her mount the administrator of the area, then proceed to recruit and stack all my companions on top of each other. I have no idea how well they fight but at least this cuts back on random Wildlife attacks.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I get my hands on this mother fucker...
EDIT-Sweet, Sweet Revenge. An eye for an eye. A jewel for a gem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:47:29 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: September 18, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

Found a sweet pasttime with the new mount script. Pro reverse Bull Piggy Back riding
Where you go piggy back some guy and see how long the guy last. So far all enemies attack the rider first before attacking the mount so your only concern is the rider trying to kill you.
oh hard mode is getting a hostile or wild creature on your back.

"body swapping and YOU!"

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: October 13, 2013, 02:36:19 pm »

Something really odd has just happened. I was testing out a custom creature that's supposed to temporarily transform into another creature under new moons (as opposed to full moons, like were-beasts), and tried to wait after transforming to see if I had set it to end properly.

Instead of zooming back to my creature after waiting, I was given control of a pond-grabber in the caverns. After accidentally air-drowning myself, i used DFusion to take control of a nearby troll, who was likely pointing and laughing at my dried-out carcass.

After acquiring some food from a nearby giant bat I used DFHack to conjure myself a pick-ax, and carved my way upwards to freedom. though it turns out that it will be a bit harder than that. When I broke through the final layer of rock between me and the surface, I found myself under the ocean. On the exact opposite end of the map from where my custom creature was.

It turns out that the ocean is not an even surface of water. Some regions have their water level higher than others, and I occasionally have to swim upwards as I'm engulfed by tidal waves.

Spoiler: Huge (click to show/hide)

As I'm typing this, my troll is swimming his way to freedom, with his pick in one-hand and a pile of bat-meat in the other. Let's see how far he'll go.

E: Made it to shore. Tried fastravelling. Became Giant Toad on second cavern layer on the far northern part of the map. I quit.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:50:09 pm by BlackFlyme »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:31 am »

Something really odd has just happened. I was testing out a custom creature that's supposed to temporarily transform into another creature under new moons (as opposed to full moons, like were-beasts), and tried to wait after transforming to see if I had set it to end properly.

Instead of zooming back to my creature after waiting, I was given control of a pond-grabber in the caverns. After accidentally air-drowning myself, i used DFusion to take control of a nearby troll, who was likely pointing and laughing at my dried-out carcass.

After acquiring some food from a nearby giant bat I used DFHack to conjure myself a pick-ax, and carved my way upwards to freedom. though it turns out that it will be a bit harder than that. When I broke through the final layer of rock between me and the surface, I found myself under the ocean. On the exact opposite end of the map from where my custom creature was.

It turns out that the ocean is not an even surface of water. Some regions have their water level higher than others, and I occasionally have to swim upwards as I'm engulfed by tidal waves.

As I'm typing this, my troll is swimming his way to freedom, with his pick in one-hand and a pile of bat-meat in the other. Let's see how far he'll go.

E: Made it to shore. Tried fastravelling. Became Giant Toad on second cavern layer on the far northern part of the map. I quit.
yeah the solution for that is to take your unit kill some other units or talk then apply the change adventurer on yourself quantum Traveling is pretty tricky due to it locks you out of fast traveling, sleeping, Waiting so you need to hold off until you made sure that the character you're playing isn't unstable.
"body swapping and YOU!"

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: October 14, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »

I've heard of that glitch a bunch of times, but I thought it was fixed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: October 15, 2013, 08:08:11 am »

My Demi god HammerDwarf travelled across the land, delivering Dwarven justice to all evil beings, including Goblins, WereBeasts, and Elves... I destroyed three resorts, before the dreaded carp knocked me into a TREE. Looks like some sort of twisted, Elven Justice.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1104