Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094172 times)

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5340 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:40 am »

I beat a lion to death after he tore off my sword arm and the lower part of my shield arm.    WAVE YOUR STUBS!   WAVE THEM IN HIS GENERAL DIRECTION!
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: May 30, 2013, 11:21:49 am »

So, there I was, butt-naked in the middle of the camp. I pay little attention when "the axeman woke up," though I was a little surprised that one of my companions had survived.

A few rounds later, he approaches me as I continue to sift through my new-found wealth and cuts off my hand. I believe it takes me another two rounds to realize that this is one of the enemy!

Naturally, I run away, bleeding heavily. He is rather wounded though, and, being naked, my speed is higher. I loop around and proceed to dress and arm (still have both arms, just missing one hand) myself while he stands politely about five tiles away. I then proceed to slowly beat him to death with my silver flail. Then, out of spite, perhaps, I beat to death another of his companions who was also heavily wounded before spotting yet another who has not participated in the battle.

I decide at this point to run away, because this one is healthy. At least I am fully clothed, armed, and with sufficient food and water for a while. I report my successes, and proceed to gather a new little party - six whole followers! Can you believe it! Apparently the missing hand and the long straight scar on my upper right arm added some gravitas and mystique to my character that his very low linguistic ability never could.

I am off to ill some more bandits, or to "lead (them) to glory and death." Whichever.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: June 01, 2013, 05:19:29 pm »

Happy to have my first Adventurer live past the first week of adventuring.
I am feeling fairly badass at the moment as a Legendary Hammer Lord with 75 Notable and 170+ other kills including 40 Bogeymen (Damn it feels good to beable to sleep any damn place i want)

So quite by accident while trying to investigate a Shrine, I had no idea it was home to a Bronze Colossus.
Turned out to be a fairly boring fight. He couldn't hit me, and I didn't have the right tools to hurt him; so after a bit of that I decided to push him in a near-by lake. Not expecting him to drown, just stop chasing me. It worked!... I slept for a few hours before treking off in search of something better than a copper Axe, because i was getting no where with my Steel War Hammer. Dawn breaks, and the sunlight hits the now frozen pond... Well so much for that poor jerk.

Also I just entered a Bandit camp of 7 or 8 all slaughtered by apparently Bogeymen before I got here. I have never seen that before.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: June 03, 2013, 06:57:06 am »

My dwarf necromancer elite wrestler/axelord, Dishmab Iroldeduk the Tenacious Butcher of Demons is attempting to live up to his name -  currently recruiting an undead goblin army to depose the leader of the local goblin civilisation (gobbos modded to make towns and forts).

The law-giver is a 15 ton squirrel demon with clear feathers and wears leather clothes. Beware its secretions!

I am not ashamed to admit that I have savescummed this several times trying to kill the damn squirrel. It's clothing seems impervious to my steel weapon, so I have resorted to sneaking around the fort, killing goblins and re-animating them. Once I have enough zoblins, the squirrel is going down.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:19 am »

The journey has taken the better part of the morning, but the party has finally reached the hamlet of Cuddledoctrine.

Now, to benefit from the cuddly wisdom of these simple village-folk.  What cuddly secrets does this community keep?

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: June 05, 2013, 06:11:10 pm »

I just went into a town to sleep. I woke io and preceded to attack the sleeping hammerman to start a massacre.I have a copper trident.I hit him twice in the head but the attack is deflected.still asleep.I sever his right arm.still asleep.his left arm.asleep. both his legs and ge is STILL asleep.I then rip his throat out with my teeth and he bleeds to death. Then I walk nonchalantly to a villager and head shot him.both were asleep.time to go finish what I started
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: June 05, 2013, 10:54:07 pm »

1)  the roof of the world.
2)  a PC creature with BD2 cant BD
3)  Not living is not zombie safe.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: June 06, 2013, 12:53:44 am »

I just got husked... I was fighting a giant when it threw me into a "profane ash cloud". This made the fight considerably easier.
I've tried picking up the leftover ashes on the ground, but whipping it at people doesn't seem to have any effect... Aside from the usual nonsensical bruises and broken bones...

I find it odd that even with an entire town trying to chase me down and kick my skull in, I still have the option to retire as a peasant. I guess as long as I'm not an enemy of the civ (and pray that I don't get a counterstrike, I haven't even fought back yet) I can still settle down a terrify the local populace.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: June 06, 2013, 04:46:30 am »

Walked into a Necro Tower on my Vamp Adventurer to see if I could find any interesting books to share with the townsfolk nearby. When I got inside I noticed something smoking in the corner, but there wasn't any fire so I went about my search nothing thinking anything of it. A few minutes later, four floors up, a little more smoke here and there, corpses scattered about, I get an announcement about someone hurling fire balls at corpses, but hey, that shouldn't really be a problem. Pick up a few more books.... You are melting. Why oh why am I melting. I have Netherbark leather under my armor, how am I melting! So yeah. I guess I'm gonna go back on another guy and take the time to build a reservoir and pumpstack to dump the nearby lakes into the top floor. Maybe that will cool things down.

Although I guess it could have been one of the books...

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: June 06, 2013, 06:12:17 pm »

Found a vampire and injured it just enough to leave a pool of blood to drink form.
Went to a nearby necromancer tower and read up.
Put together a raiding party and headed into the catacombs beneath the capital.
Somewhere I messed up and now I'm an enemy of the primary human civ.
I exit the castle, monarch, clergy, and guard in tow. Right outside the castle is the market. All the traders rush in, I barely made it to the corner of the castle unscathed. Once at the corner it's a straight shot out of town with the whole city chasing me. I escaped and made it to a bandit camp.

All the other human civs in this world are bandits and necromancers.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: June 06, 2013, 08:09:11 pm »

I was sent out to kill a vampire, when I got to the town, I was directed, not to a hut, but to the local church, amused, I went there, only to find that the vampire was the priest, of all people. I am now going to kill a vampire priest and devour their blood in the church they run.

update: in the very same town, I went to the fort, and gained full iron armor (including breastplate) except the high boots, which are copper, and also got an iron shield....This is now my favorite town.

Annnnnd then I took a bolt to the spine...and got paralyzed....new game...raided forts till i got full iron armor...went out...bolt to the lung...okay seriously? bolts are bugged like you wouldn't believe, and apparently ignore armor...this is getting a tad rediculous...and making me avoid any and all bandit camp missions simply on the off chance they have a crossbowman.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:23:33 pm by random_odd_guy »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: June 06, 2013, 11:56:48 pm »

bolts are bugged like you wouldn't believe, and apparently ignore armor...

Here's a link http://library.thinkquest.org/10949/fief/medsoldier.html that suggests that crossbows could do just that. they were a tad slow though. And, I think, somewhat inaccurate.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: June 07, 2013, 01:21:04 am »

They probably weren't all that inaccurate as much as they were the kind of thing you could hand to literally anyone with basically no training and have someone killing effectively. As opposed to requiring constant training from youth with a bow.

But back to DF. Even a full set of armor isn't going to keep you from have a few spots lacking protection. Your best defense against bolts is probably decent dodge/shield skill. Assuming the bolt they hit you with was also made of iron, they wont just tink off because you are wearing armor.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:06 am »

I had proficient in both of those skills, both times. The odd thing is they never seem this effective when IM firing them

Side note: the vampire adventurer didn't die, per say, he just got an iron bolt to the neck, slight brain wound, and lost all movement. my six or so companions killed all but one opponent, who then could not damage me due to my heavily armored hide, and i then slammed my head into them till they ran away. then i retired.

I'm tempted to just mod out crossbows. I am tired of dying from them, I would like to die from something new, like, a dragon, or a troglodyte, or a GIANT CAVE SPIDER.

Well, I didn't have full armor, and died from a silver spear. Drat. New game...okay in conclusion, arctic climates with adventurers SUCK. You need to rely on rain to drink anything, or the blood of your enemies covering you. sheesh. Anyway, for some reason a bandit camp was in the middle of a lake. I went after it at dark, didn't see what I was doing, and somehow, the open space above the lake didn't register as "dangerous terrain" like its supposed to, so i fell straight in. WHAT? SERIOUSLY GAME? then I couldn't get back out....how were these guys a problem? they live in a lake...in a PIT...

In other news, my current adventurer is apparently so well known, that upon getting ambushed by bosses, i have about as many guys as they do, and even when they wiped out all of my slaves minions cannon fodder companions, I just went to the nearest fort, and grabbed every single soldier in it as my new posse.

He is also such a badass that being whipped directly to the head (which shattered the skull) only served to enrage him, and I promptly one hit killed the responsible lasher, and upon fast travelling, the wound entirely healed, and it only served to increase my willpower (didn't even leave a scar)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:37:00 pm by random_odd_guy »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: June 09, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »

...okay in conclusion, arctic climates with adventurers SUCK. You need to rely on rain to drink anything, or the blood of your enemies covering you.
Pick up snow
Make campfire
Interact with snow
Melt snow
Drink snow
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1104