Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094113 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5310 on: May 03, 2013, 12:59:03 am »

My companions have stolen my last five quest targets. On one hand, it's nice that they're so skilled, but on the other hand it's just not as fun to rush into battle only to find out the battle's over as soon as you get there.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: May 03, 2013, 08:10:42 am »

My companions have stolen my last five quest targets. On one hand, it's nice that they're so skilled, but on the other hand it's just not as fun to rush into battle only to find out the battle's over as soon as you get there.
this is where you start becoming a warlord and sit back and watch your minions do the work for you.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: May 05, 2013, 10:28:30 am »

I was Zioko, a sawyer in the Fallout mod. I used the Demigod settings just to try and actually get somewhere without being slaughtered, and I spawned in a ghoul town. I got a companion swordsman, and proceeded to chop the head off of his friend standing by him. I then starting throwing crap and running, and I wounded him in the leg, then chopped off all of his limbs and stole his armor. I cleared the town, killing 50 or so ghouls, collecting each ones wallet, which normally had 1 platinum coin and some random change. I drank their blood and ate some fish, and decided to go north in search of a shop to trade with. I then ran into a ghoul town, AGAIN, and the first one stabbed me in the head with his knife and killed me before I could even get I round of combat. Screw me with the moon.

GlitchRider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 05, 2013, 06:28:28 pm »

My second attempt at Adventure mode ever here...

Ended up becoming a vampire on a whim, slaughtered two towns to get a kill count of 262 notable kills over the course of a few days on that same whim, slaughtered two sets of bogeymen, a swarm of hyenas, tons of alligators and just about anything else that looked at me funny.  Bones and face seem to be permanently broken and my character doesn't wield anything anymore.

Moment I got to a third town I expected to have more fighting.  But nah.  People talked to me again, I chose to 'report successes' and bam. "Kulligan" Pumsath had a title (Speskiosplekla Rodem) and was hailed as a grand hero, with everyone speaking to me in hushed reverent tones.  "That many... the world is surely a safer place".

Now I'm setting out, still unarmed because I can't figure out how to get Kulligan to wield anything again (with broken fingers, toes, and ears that don't want to heal), with a new set of companions from a nearby fortress.  I did have a sword until that vanished, picked up a spear and lost that, too.  If I can figure out how to use this bow or how to see the translation on that title...

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 07, 2013, 03:52:49 am »

Out of curiosity, has your speed decreased at all?  My vamp adventurers always seem to lose speed whenever I do combat, especially wrestling. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 07, 2013, 04:38:04 am »

EDIT: I just started that fortress mode game I had planned. And the first thing that happens after I got the "strike the earth!" screen is:

The World Has Passed Into The Golden Age

For clarification, when my adventurer started, we were in the second age of myths (given the birth rate of dragons, I guess their repopulation had something to do with the regression), and after each dragon killed, I looked and hoped, and I wanted to see the change in the age. Nothing. And all the while, I had already passed legends and heroes T_T

That's because Ages change only at the start of new year.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 07, 2013, 09:41:46 am »

wow, page 355 was like a clown car with how long it too to fill it up finally to get to the page
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:47:54 pm by Zavvnao »

Anin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 13, 2013, 10:37:42 am »

After doing what seemed an unending amount of quests Gareth Lustfallen has finally been noticed enough to be called to a near by human fort.  along with his only surviving follower Usa Bunnyembraces.
Standard DF procedure, people find bugs, report them and then proceed to kill Elves in creative ways with the bug until its resolved.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:47 pm »

I acidentally dring a vampire blood instead of water(dammit keyboard letters, why they can't be just somewhat bigger) then I proceed to wait until night and jump out of a 15 levels tall Cliff direct against the ice, I feel so proud of myself
In a time before time, I had a name.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 18, 2013, 11:45:19 pm »

I have taken it upon myself to defeat a horde of carpman bandits in their camp, deep in the carpman civilization's territory. It has not gone well.

My first attempt was met with utter failure; my untrained warriors and I were slaughtered without even a fighting chance. So my next adventurer, a minotaur (bruteman caste in my mod), set out to train and finally conquer them. It... Wasn't a complete loss again, I suppose. I had trained three recruits I'd found in a nearby village in the art of war by pitting them against animals, and when we were all legendary in fighter, shield user, and dodger and had amazing stats I set out again for the camp. When we got there, we were immediately confronted by the hordes again, and though my men and I fought bravely and slew many of the beasts, we were all defeated by the fishy menace.

But they're weaker now. Soon I will have another go at the camp, and put them down for good.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 19, 2013, 11:21:12 am »

I got killed by a Mason. I was grand master dodger and the /one/ shot that hit me just had to be an incapacitating gut-shot, despite the relevant mason having a crippled hand. :(
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

TimeTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • Stranglin' and Janglin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: May 19, 2013, 01:21:39 pm »

After becoming a great hero in the eyes of almost everyone within the continent, I came to a tower filled with necromancers. I was a swordsmaster vampire dwarf and at that point I had 150 or so kills under my belt, including a dragon.* I got 10 or so necromancer companions and headed to the nearest town, where I killed a lord and destroyed a decent portion of the place. Then I headed to the capital of a nearby human civ and attacked the city in the dead of night. I ended up retiring the fella after 243 notable kills.

*Shameless bragging. I usually die right away.
Prismo FTW.
Turtles Turtles.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 19, 2013, 04:18:17 pm »

Horrible things...

After another successful round of murder and mayhem, I decided to make my whole party of 5 into werebeasts. It took hours of savescumming and using DFhack to get us all bitten by the she-devil werewolf, and then... I took my companions out into the wilderness so we could all heal our wounds with the transformation, only to discover that my own race isn't an eligible candidate for lycanthropy.

My companions promptly tore me apart. Bits of me are scattered all over the place.

I... I feel as though the only appropriate response is to just give up and let this island have another half dozen werewolves running around chewing peoples' faces off, but I also really liked that character and I'd rather savescum it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 19, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »

what mod you using? :3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: May 19, 2013, 06:29:29 pm »

A few of them, all of my own make at the moment, and the big ones I have uploaded but not updated recently:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6378
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4163
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4612

But yeah, I really need to get the uploaded versions updated... >.>
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1104