Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094075 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5295 on: April 21, 2013, 08:18:15 am »

Hello everyone!

I decided not to use your suggestion, Rumrusher, since I want to play a heroic character, and leading people into their doom is not the way to go (which is also the reason why I don't gather companions). In addition, it turned out that the target was someone else, who must have died without me noticing. I reported the death, but the goblin is not in my kills list, but I had his/her blood on my boots. Well, I have been passing a lot of corpses down there, so it's hard to tell.

After that, I travelled from town to town, taking out a few bandit camps and being frustrated by lords and ladies who kept sending me off to kill "criminal masterminds" who happened to live in flooded parts of the local sewer ...

But then, I reached the warm south. On my way there, I killed 2 minotaurs who shared a labyrinth. That was a good beginning (I figured I should not kill all human adversaries in case this character dies and I want a successor). And things were to get much better.

I do not know why, but there seem to be a lot of dragon lairs in a relatively small area (a few day's travel big). I was virtually sent of to kill a dragon a short walk away, came back and was told to visit another lair also less than half a day away to get another dragon. Thus far, I have assassinated 13 dragons and have just received the quest to take out a 14th. My armor is still half iron, half bronze, although I was able to get bronze greaves in a night troll lair, my first bronze for the lower body - Yay!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the spooky flavor of the interior of the night troll lairs. After defeating the inhabitant, I looked around. First, I noticed the skin they had hung up to dry. And then I found the cauldron ... Toady One always has an eye for such nice details, wonderful.

However, I have also noticed something odd. Sometimes, human forts I visit do not have a lord/lady and only a few roaming soldiers who are hostile to me. While I can understand that there may be something war related or so, the first time I experienced this was actually in a fort to which I returned after defeating the dragon they had asked to kill me (and taking out a bandit camp that lay near my return passage).

Anyhow, this adventurer is working out great, even though she started on peasant level, and I hope to eventually change the Age of this world...

Yours,
Deathworks

EDIT: I killed the 14th dragon, got a quest to kill the 15th dragon, and after killing that dragon, the 16th dragon is said to be far to the south west ... but I don't think it can be that far as we are relatively close to the south coast, I think (^_^;;

But still, I am wondering why all those dragons are hanging out in the south. Are they interested in beach vacations? Or scared of the human and dwarven realms in the north?

Anyhow, the 15th dragon had a steel shield in its hoard, allowing me to sell my good old bronze shield (with 6 notable kills) in the town where I received the quest.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:59:28 am by Deathworks »

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: April 23, 2013, 03:51:07 pm »

I discovered that puny elves tend to cower in fear of the might of my dwarven spearlord.

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: April 23, 2013, 05:17:09 pm »

Neat news: as a starting Lasher, I walked to the Forest Camp of the enemy. There, I picked up six blodges of peat, one for each visible foe. Not really believing that that would be all that I would need, I snuck off towards them. Hiding behind an elm, I threw my first lump. It hit the human spearman in the back of his head, shattering the skull and shredding the brain. I gasped a little and moved on to the next kill. This one saw me, so he ran  towards me. I coolly threw the second lump. IT HAPPENED AGAIN. The swordsman leapt at me from behind a tree, and a third lump of peat caused the insta-death of another bandit. There were two remaining: a bowman and the chieftess. I threw the peat at the bowman and it bruised his lungs. Wah. Which gave me the chance to charge him, punch him in the face and break both his legs (three seperate, uncausal incidents). He died later. I took some arrows from his quiver, and stalked up to the chieftess. I hit her in the pancreas with an arrow, and she span around and shot me in the pancreas as well. I pulled out the bolt and shanked her well good in the face, and then preceeded to break all her bones. She died after all her digits, teeth, facial features and guts were removed. I took her fingers and threw them at the bowman who was struggling to stand on his broken legs. The first finger blinded him. The second bruised the fat on his arm. The third shattered his ribs, and pierced his heart. This, ladies and gentlemen, all from an incredibly luckly Adequate Thrower/Novice Archer.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: April 23, 2013, 10:50:59 pm »

Hello!

If I counted correctly, I have killed 17 out of the 20 dragons that were on this world when my adventures started. Currently, the lady in the southern city I am in is sending me off to hunt bandits, so I guess there are no more dragons in the southern hemisphere. I have not been able to change the age yet, though.

But still, I find this trend rather intriguing: out of the 17 dragons, 16 lived clearly in the subtropics/tropics. Given that there are 20 dragons in the entire world, this is a major trend among them.

I am pondering several theories about that. Maybe, the strength of dwarves and humans in the north caused the demise of the northern dragons?

Or maybe there is a natural tendencies in dragons to prefer warmer climates?

Or maybe all those dragons were offspring of an original couple who happened to live in the south. I noticed that none of the dragons I slew were "originals" of their kind. Instead, they were born relatively recently (the youngest was a mere 6 years old IIRC (^_^;; ).

If the dragons were rarer in the north right from the start on, I am wondering whether this has influenced the strength of the dwarven and human civs (they seem to be stronger in the north).

Another aspect that has struck me is the tendencies of night trolls to have trunks. Is that a must, or is that just a coincidence (my sample only contains two variants, so I can't tell).

And finally, I came across an entrance to the caverns. After killing an elk bird and a giant rat, I decided it was not worth going down there. But is there a chance to find a forgotten beast there or will there be only normal fauna?

So many questions - I really love this game :) :) :)

Yours,
Deathworks

EDIT: I forgot another incident. While travelling overland, I suddenly came across some osprey zombies. I kind of panicked as I did not want to lose this adventurer to zombification or some other evil biome effect. I was also confused as I was currently in a region which I have been traversing for severl in-game weeks never encountering any evil. Thus, I pressed 'T' (I only fast travel occasionally in towns when searching for sewer access points or maybe temples) to see the surrounding area - and left out a sigh of relief. Some way SE of me, there was an evil lake. So, it seems that land-bound animals can also be turned into zombies by evil bodies of water in some way. I admit that I didn't go to the lake itself as I didn't want to risk the adventurer, but I find this a rather interesting aspect of the game. Carrying on, I even came across a herd of zombie horses... I can only say, "Wow".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:00:02 pm by Deathworks »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: April 23, 2013, 11:35:55 pm »

nice text wall

I did not know dragons could be born in the worlds :D

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: April 24, 2013, 11:05:04 am »

Greetings!

The deed is done!

No, I have not hunted down the remaining three dragons, and no, I have not changed the Age. Hoping to get quests for the remaining beasts, I did the lady's quests, first a few bandits and then a minotaur. A minotaur, who spotted me, shattered the bones in my right hand (bronze sword (T_T) ), then shattered the bones in my left hand (steel shield (T_T) ), and then finishing me off.

At least I was able to check out legend mode now. At least six of the dragons have been related to each other: a pair of dragons who had three children. And at least one of the daughters had also another child. I admit that I was too lazy to track down all the relationships as the dragons are mixed in with all the other creatures I have encountered, but I guess that at least a good part of the southern gathering can be explained by family ties. Which I think is very neat.

Anyhow, I think my adventurer has done enough so I can try to go to fortress mode and get some engravings and statues done :)

Yours,
Deathworks

EDIT: I just started that fortress mode game I had planned. And the first thing that happens after I got the "strike the earth!" screen is:

The World Has Passed Into The Golden Age

For clarification, when my adventurer started, we were in the second age of myths (given the birth rate of dragons, I guess their repopulation had something to do with the regression), and after each dragon killed, I looked and hoped, and I wanted to see the change in the age. Nothing. And all the while, I had already passed legends and heroes T_T
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:19:37 am by Deathworks »

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: April 27, 2013, 03:38:51 am »

I had a peasant/hero Adventure who I turn into a Vampire, breaking one of my arm in the process permanently. Then i start to hunt all the bandits in the region, after the 1st camp all my body part were permanently broken, I still manage to kill every bandits in the region with my teeth then I retire and know peasant want him dead because they afraid of a Vampire who can't walk, punch, etc. Those peasant are coward...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: April 27, 2013, 04:34:40 am »

I'm currently trying to make Whiplash, the enemy of Tony Stark in Iron Man 2, by dual wielding 2 whips. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: April 27, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

Read about it in the Life and Times of Eko Satthaxim!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125545.0
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

HerbertWest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: April 29, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »

I killed my first titan! As in, first titan kill EVER - not just with this adventurer! Wooohooo!

It was a giant moth with three tails. I threw skeletons at it until I could safely move in and stab it to death. I ate its heart afterward.

Nom.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #5305 on: April 29, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »

I charged too "WAAAAGGGHHHH" against the Elf's, with my mis matched armored elf.. ((stolen from little kobolds and dwarfs) and I ended my own civilization, Starting the age of Elfy, Chargedjuice of doom, Before that several dragons, and titans.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

RedBlaze3000

• Escaped Lunatic
  • They're going to take me away to the funny farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: April 30, 2013, 06:07:01 pm »

My latest human adventurer took down his first dragon. It actually wasn't as hard has I thought it would be. Probably because I had 5 sheilds on my arm and okay armor.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: May 01, 2013, 06:11:18 am »

Another Peasant had to die.

He was doing quite well though... an *iron helm*, a *copper breastplate* and a +bronze chain leggins+ protected him very well throughout his adventures and although the armor slowed him down at first, he became a decent armor user over time, as well as a honorable thrower, ambusher, dodger, shield user, biter and last but not least, swordsman.

After a month of travel and bandit slaying he also became a were gecko and the transformation cured all his wounds and after a three day rampage in lizard form he felt reborn. The country's lord wanted him and his fellowship to slay a roc, this would be his first heroic deed!
But the roc should survive and spread his terror, as it seems because the skillful peasant never saw his face.

A group of goblins ambushed the troop of 10 and  far more red than blue letters filled my screen. Hidden, my adventurer was the only one left and he was doing good. A stab of a coward to the leg, another one thorugh the heart, he silently decreased the goblin's numbers as he revenged his fallen friends. One goblin with a curved sword however detected the avenger and swiftly cut his hand off. A bolt to the leg, a scourge to the stomach and finally a mace to the head... ;_;

RIP in peace.

If he escaped, the next full moon would have restored his hand.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: May 02, 2013, 09:29:27 am »

Rest in Peace In Peace?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: May 02, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »

So a peasant just told me about a bogeyman that vanished in one of my old forts.

if I remember correctly Blindbuff is a bogeyman wrestler from the ol' Bogeyman wrestling days.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 1104